Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 19th, 2012, 02:30 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! The Hotways or the Highway ~ 10/26/

I need a favor from someone...I need you to build The Hotways or the Highways and test Zelrig on it. Mostly just to see how he fits. I know it's a lot for little, but I'd be very appreciative if someone could do that.
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:28 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
HS2010'S Map Thread! The Hotways or the Highway - 12/21/12

Here's an updated version of The Hotways or the Highway:

The Hotways or the Highway 3.0 - 12/21/12
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

I like the Starting Zones. Adding the Grass makes the map slightly less appealing but I'm fine with that.
Old December 21st, 2012, 06:23 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! The Hotways or the Highway - 12/21/

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

I like the Starting Zones. Adding the Grass makes the map slightly less appealing but I'm fine with that.
I think it would be much more playable if you could work it down to one VW. I'm not quite sure how you would do that, but the new version looks good .
Old December 21st, 2012, 07:36 PM

Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! The Hotways or the Highway - 12/21/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Quote:

I think it would be much more playable if you could work it down to one VW. I'm not quite sure how you would do that, but the new version looks good .
I'm sure auggies lava is much cheeper, too.

Besides, most solo-scapers (such as myself) are switching to online play. It's just less time/energy than reality. Also, then you don't get yelled at for hogging up space (just the computer). I'm not worried about the amount of sets this uses (Auggies Lava looks way better than Regular Lava anyways). I'm just worried about putting out something good for the community.

Thanks, B_C!!!
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:19 PM

Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! The Hotways or the Highway ~ 10/26/

The newest version of The Hotways or the Highway (THOTH):

THOTH
Requires 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

-Adds more protection to the vulnerable side of the map.
-Moves the SZs back a little more.

This version is getting taken to the Benchwarmers tournament in PA February 16th.
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:18 PM

HS2010'S Map Thread! Labyrinth Vault 1/30/13

My 2nd Submission to the Online Heroscape Map Contest:

Labyrinth Vault
Requires: 10 BftU and 4 TJ

And my first map of 2013.

Last edited by Sheep; January 30th, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:43 AM

Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! NEW The Hotways or the Highways 2/2

Newest version of The Hotways or the Highways thanks to feedback from the Benchwarmers tourney in PA held by Nirek!

The Hotways or the Highways (THOTH) -2/23/13 (currently in .hsc file)
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Newest version of The Hotways or the Highways thanks to feedback from the Benchwarmers tourney in PA held by Nirek!

I like the addition of a glyph! Only one issue- you don't have an adjoining same-level space, which means double-hex figures cannot reach it.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Quote:

I like the addition of a glyph! Only one issue- you don't have an adjoining same-level space, which means double-hex figures cannot reach it.
There's one on the other side too just in case you didn't notice.

As for the problem. With the Shadow on it it would kinda ruin the point because double space figures would (assuming Lava is the adjoining piece) get burnt. And Huge figures wouldn't even get the Shadow.

Besides, they already get the double-hex Lava height. Isn't that satisfactory enough?

EDIT: I don't think I can do much about it anyways. The tiles are pretty well stuck where they are.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:19 PM

NEW!!! (Heated) Embattled Fen - 2/23/13 HS2010'S Map Thread!

Here's a different version of Embattled Fen :

(Heated) Embattled Fen - 2/23/13

Last edited by Sheep; February 23rd, 2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:28 AM

(Heated) Embattled Fen V.2.1/V.2.2 - HS2010'S Map Thread 3/2

New versions of (Heated) Embattled Fen:

V.2.1 (only is .hsc file...sorry)

V.2.2 (only in .hsc file)

I like the V.2 version overall. And if I have to choose between the two V.2 versions, it would be V.2.1 because it holds the Embattled Fen look a little more (just because of the level 3 two hexes on V.2.2).

However, both allow 5-move figures to get to Wannok in 2 turns.

The real question I keep asking myself when reviewing this map is:

Is this change enough to make the BoV not say, "this plays too much like Embattled Fen. NtR." or something like that?

I think the answer's "yes". With most of the height being Lava, ranged figures can't camp like the do on Embattled Fen...and when you're playing (C3V) Skeletons on Embattled Fen vs. a Ranged-pod, forget it. I've tried. Extremely unsuccessful. The slow moving Skeletons (or Knights or whatever) too easily get shot down in the wide open trying to engage the opponent. This mostly eliminates that problem, and I like that.
Old March 9th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Titleless

Re: (Heated) Embattled Fen V.2.1/V.2.2 - HS2010'S Map Thread

Quote:
New versions of (Heated) Embattled Fen:

V.2.1 (only is .hsc file...sorry)

V.2.2 (only in .hsc file)

I like the V.2 version overall. And if I have to choose between the two V.2 versions, it would be V.2.1 because it holds the Embattled Fen look a little more (just because of the level 3 two hexes on V.2.2).

However, both allow 5-move figures to get to Wannok in 2 turns.

The real question I keep asking myself when reviewing this map is:

Is this change enough to make the BoV not say, "this plays too much like Embattled Fen. NtR." or something like that?

I think the answer's "yes". With most of the height being Lava, ranged figures can't camp like the do on Embattled Fen...and when you're playing (C3V) Skeletons on Embattled Fen vs. a Ranged-pod, forget it. I've tried. Extremely unsuccessful. The slow moving Skeletons (or Knights or whatever) too easily get shot down in the wide open trying to engage the opponent. This mostly eliminates that problem, and I like that.
I think you really should ask the original creator of Embattled Fen for permission if you ever consider submitting this to the BoV (after lots of tournament testing, of course).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios