Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old July 8th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm sure there are plenty of merits to playing sans Order Markers. That said, there are threads about that topic in the Heroscape Discussion section, so let's try to keep this thread about the newly revealed Marvel Rulebook and cards.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 9th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Can someone put a link to the rulebook in the first post. I want to get this thread 5ive ready. Thanks.
Old July 9th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Can someone put a link to the rulebook in the first post. I want to get this thread 5ive ready. Thanks.
There's already a more concise Rulebook thread that is stickied in Marvel Rules and FAQ section.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9634

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 9th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Awesome. Even better.
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:38 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Not to be a downer on this thread, but I have to say I'm a little disappointed with Marvelscape. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with it, I was just hoping for a little more. Something to make it a little more unique and super hero flavored and less of a set of official Heroscape customs. I'm probably just expecting too much, but I'm a bit disappointed all the same.

I am really excited about the ruin though. The breakable wall looks like it brings a lot of new possibilities and I'm glad to see more destructible objects in the game. I'm really looking forward to integrating this into map designs, and hopefully we'll see something similar added to classic that looks better and fits with the castle walls more directly. I really like the idea of "weak walls" either way and anything that can make the terrain more dynamic greatly interests me. I'm actually rather happy that the door is essentially non-destructible, as I'm more interested in its open/close mechanism than the destroy aspect. This weak wall makes far a far better concept for destructible terrain.

I think my greatest disappointment is the glyphs. Rather than really strive to give us some new and exciting glyph mechanics, they threw in some theme based Brandar glyphs and called it a day. My real frustration with this is that you can see how much thought went into making Glyphs fun for this game, but no steadfast rules were established for more general play. I love the stuff they did in the scenarios. Obviously, with more of a focus on fewer figures in the army, the current Glyph system wouldn't work nearly as well and its clear they realized something new was needed. Agents to rescue, glyphs you can equip on a single character, item carrying mechanics, all fantastic ideas, but none of them got the treatment they deserve.

I guess my disappointment is that they didn't go ahead and create rues beyond the single scenarios. Why not make a new glyph type that only affects Unique Heroes (yellow glyphs) and give them equipment stats like +1 defense etc? Where are the temporary Special abilities or attacks or simply more thematic reasons to explore the map. Honestly, I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed if it seemed like they just didn't bother to think of these sort of ideas, but the scenarios make it more than apparent that they put a lot of work into them and clearly see how they're an important part of the super hero experience. As is, they've put the glyphs in on an "as the scenario dictates" level like the Glyphs of Brandar, which, while fun, always get treated more as a houserule than a full fledged feature of the game system. I just feel like there's a huge missed opportunity here.

That said, the meat of the game is the characters, which I think they did an excellent job on. I'm really impressed with how they've fit these characters into the Heroscape system. On the whole, they're very true to their roots and represent their stats and abilities well. I'm still not convinced that this is the best system to simulate comic battles, but I can't argue that they did a good job of fitting the characters into the system. I'll be picking this up the first chance I get, but I just wanted to express my slight disappointments in what they've offered.

/rant
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
I fully agree with you about the glyphs, Elclipse. You raise some good points in your post. When I tore open the box and found out that the glyphs were nothing more than some lame artifacts, I was really disappointed.

I don't see the breakable wall being that useful unless it's blended into a terrain structure that would make you want to break it. (If that even makes sense...) Right now there's no value or reason to want to break it when any of the Super Heroes can move pretty far, pretty rapidly and just go around the wall instead of wasting an attack on it.

Maybe I'm just dense here (it's entirely possible) but I'm not too excited about it since it doesn't seem too terribly functional within the gameplay. I do agree that they've translated the heroes fairly well though, which is good.
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
I fully agree with you about the glyphs, Elclipse. You raise some good points in your post. When I tore open the box and found out that the glyphs were nothing more than some lame artifacts, I was really disappointed.

I don't see the breakable wall being that useful unless it's blended into a terrain structure that would make you want to break it. (If that even makes sense...) Right now there's no value or reason to want to break it when any of the Super Heroes can move pretty far, pretty rapidly and just go around the wall instead of wasting an attack on it.

Maybe I'm just dense here (it's entirely possible) but I'm not too excited about it since it doesn't seem too terribly functional within the gameplay. I do agree that they've translated the heroes fairly well though, which is good.
Don't care too much about the glyphs but I fully agree about the ruin. So far, in the 4 games we've played, no one ever targeted the wall. Figures just went over or around it. I think if a destroyed wall counted as an attack against adjacent figures it would be cool. House rule

The figures are really what you are paying for if you are already into HS and already have terrain. But it is well worth it to me. This has to be the best Hulk sculpt I have ever seen in a minis game. Better than it looked at comic con last year. My only problem with the figures is Captain America's pose
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yeah, the wall will have more use when there are more figures that can't just fly/leap/swing over it, I think ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 10th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Now that I own this and have played a few games I can say I like it a bit more than I thought I would. I'm not a comic collector/reader and only familiar with a small handful of Super Heroes/Villians through movies and television.

First off, the paint job on the figures is fantastic. The warehouse ruin looks better in the flesh than in most photographs we've seen previously. And the Army Cards look very sharp. This set is very nice to look at.

I think they did a great job working the characters into the Heroscape system. And the 10 figures have a nice balance to them within this set alone. I haven't done a mixed game yet, but it won't be long before my son and I play it with some Agents or Soulborgs or Zombies added to the draft pool.

The amount of terrain tiles is skimpy but I don't mind that since there is so much modular terrain already out there that plugs right in. Playing the Marvel scenarios in the rulebook on those two tiny flat maps only reminds me of how much more strategy is involved with more complex maps. (Even more so when the map is not symmetrical )

I give it a . Glad I bought it. Now to start using the black Asphalt tiles as another type of Lava Field tile on a Classic Heroscape battlefieled
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:11 AM

I Am The Game!!! has disabled reputation
Hulk Is He Beat Jotun, Krug, And Charos Together....TWICE!!!

Look Behind You!!!
Old July 10th, 2007, 08:28 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Game!!!
Hulk Is He Beat Jotun, Krug, And Charos Together....TWICE!!!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:12 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
GaryLASQ wrote:
Quote:
Now that I own this and have played a few games I can say I like it a bit more than I thought I would. I'm not a comic collector/reader and only familiar with a small handful of Super Heroes/Villians through movies and television.
Good on you!

Quote:
The amount of terrain tiles is skimpy but I don't mind that since there is so much modular terrain already out there that plugs right in. Playing the Marvel scenarios in the rulebook on those two tiny flat maps only reminds me of how much more strategy is involved with more complex maps. (Even more so when the map is not symmetrical )
I was gonna be tactless and start an thread in the maps section entitled The Natural World doesn't look like an M.C. Escher Print, but, after the bit of commotion I started at the start of this thread, I have back peddled. (I'm really a nice guy.) Still, I do get frustrated thumbing through page after page of useless (to me) maps on this site to find only a scant few asymmetrical maps. When I found your site, I was pleased to see that, sometime after constructing your avatar, you started to go away from symmetry. Please post some more! As an aside, I have noticed that the people who make asymmetrical maps are more apt to write scenaios to go with them. I'm not sure how much of this is due to higher creativity versus the other maps being simply made with tournaments in mind.

Quote:
I give it a . Glad I bought it. Now to start using the black Asphalt tiles as another type of Lava Field tile on a Classic Heroscape battlefieled
I have long thought about using them as tarpits and employing Hasbro's rules for quicksand from the quicksand firefight scenario. Also, how off-white are the floor tiles? I have figured that they would be a great way to mix light AND heavy snow simultaneously on a tundra board, with the marvel tiles representing light snow.

Oh, almost forgot to add how much I appreciate the ease of reading your map diagrams with whatever wonderful software you are using!

Thanks again

Soberman

Now Playing: De Tarde, Vendo O Mar: The Sound of Brazil (Bebel Gilberto singing the end song from Miyazaki's Kiki's Delivery Service)!!!

Currently Reading: Haruki Murakami: the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News