Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old May 6th, 2016, 11:55 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker
Rob Daviau, designer, doing AMA on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/...ou_can_ask_me/

He's been answering questions for about 20 minutes now. Definitely doing it to promote his new legacy game, Seafall, but if you have any Heroscape questions, he'll probably be willing to answer.
Old May 6th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Rob Daviau, designer, doing AMA on Reddit

Thanks for the pointer! This was the biggest discovery for me:
Quote:
[–]MoofedManhattan Project [score hidden] 3 hours ago
I've been hyped for SeaFall for a long time now, and preordered yesterday! I know the player range is 3-5 and some people were hoping for official 2 player support. Will SeaFall break if 2 people each control two players?

[–]robdaviau[S] [score hidden] 2 hours ago
I'd play a straight two-player game rather than two teams of two. It will mean less PVP fighting (or less of a need to fight) but should work.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 11th, 2016, 08:02 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

interesting that he cited oil prices relating to plastic pricing relating to the Death of heroscape

good news then Rob,
http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...es-since-1960/

oil prices in 2016 back down Close to 2003 prices. Maybe time to fire up the hex machine again?
Old May 11th, 2016, 09:53 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's really to bad they won't start making the terrain again in bulk. It's so useful for so many games. And with AoTP it seems like people would buy it up. I know I would. My only regret is not buying more when I could! And I am lucky enough to at least have gotten one of everything.
Old May 11th, 2016, 01:07 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Good AMA by Rob. I'm considering putting this in my sig to counter all those who think WotC killed Heroscape:

"Heroscape ended because the cost of plastic is tied to the price of oil. If you think of oil prices in 2003 vs. 2010 you can see that the game simply became unprofitable." - Rob Daviau
Old May 12th, 2016, 06:42 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Thanks so much for sharing this!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General