Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old August 21st, 2013, 06:26 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Raelin Painting.

I believe that the "re-positioning" tactic was done with the C3V unit Racheim. Basically since the wings of the miniature were blocking the hexes around it you just had to put it in boiling water and re-position the wings by heightening them on the sculpt. Im not sure if you put it in the freezer or just in cold water afterwards since I haven't done it myself, but I am taking a random guess and saying the freezer just because I don't think that cold water would do the job well enough and if it did it would probably take longer than a freezer.

Edit: Im trying to knock out as many repaints as I can before school starts for me so I am bringing you a little preview (as I always do with squads) of what Im working on. Enjoy!
Airborne Elite
Spoiler Alert!

~NS, more on the way.

Last edited by Ninja Status; August 21st, 2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: New Images.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:30 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Airborne Painting.

Okay so first of all I am very disappointed that this thread is not about painting while skydiving. Very misleading title.

Secondly, the boil-and-freeze method is a tried and true tactic for both customs-makers and people who are tired of having floppy Raelin spears and so forth. Stick 'em in boiling water, then quickly dunk them in a bowl of ice water. A freezer won't work as well, since air doesn't transmit heat as well as water (imagine being in 60 degree air versus 60 degree water, and you'll realize the difference), and tap water probably won't be cold enough. It is important to transition between the hot and cold as fast as possible, since the "shock" is what locks the reposition in place, and resets the plastic's memory, so to speak. Also, feel free to keep them in the boiling water as long as necessary. They won't get hotter than the water (212 degrees F), which is far below the melting point of plastic. It may be prudent to avoid letting them touch the bottom of the pot (if you're using one) or the heating element, since those may get hotter, but I've never had a problem with that.

Yoda is right that the water doesn't need to be boiling, nor does the cold water need to be almost freezing, but the hotter the initial dunk, the more easily it'll reposition, and the bigger the difference between the two, the better it'll hold its reposition.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Airborne Repainting.

Alright, here are the rest of the Airborne Elite. Enjoy!
Airborne Elite
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:47 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Nice job on the Airborne Elite!!!!
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:24 PM
...Something unique

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should repaint next? I'm open to any suggestions.

Last edited by Ninja Status; August 23rd, 2013 at 09:29 PM. Reason: ^_~
Old August 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM
...Something unique

Re: Airborne Painting.

Here is another repaint, yes, another squad. Please help me welcome, Marro Warrior (more on the way). Enjoy!.
Marro Warrior
Spoiler Alert!

I was trying to go for a basic alien look, dark skin, creepy eyes, the whole nine yards. Do you guys think that I should continue with the rest of the squad? Since this one is nowhere close to being marro but still looks like an awesome unique alien squad it would be helpful to hear some of your opinion.
~NS
Old August 26th, 2013, 04:54 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Alien Painting.

I like the look

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old August 26th, 2013, 05:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

He looks awesome! If all the Marro had that paint scheme I would have been much more interested in them as a factions. Never liked the pick/pale flesh look.
Old August 26th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Aw man, that Marro looks wicked! I need to paint my MW to look like that. They are my most used. Props on a freaking awesome color scheme, and a great repaint!
Old August 26th, 2013, 06:56 PM
...Something unique

Thanks guys. I was a little worried there for a second that I had really messed up my Marro Warriors. Good to know you all like them, please stay tuned for the rest.

Last edited by Ninja Status; August 26th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Awesome! Ne-Gok-Sa next!
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:39 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Those guys look absolutely wicked! Awesome job!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions