Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 13th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Beast Boy (Dolphin) (Initial Playtesting)

I'll echo the desire to see echolocation give disengage.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 13th, 2018, 06:24 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun

Fair catch, YK. Updated SP.

I appreciate the army suggestions, everyone, and am happy to entertain more. I'll definitely run a Titans game, but I plan to explore some non-Titan options for at least one of the other games.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 13th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Almost a shame you're running this guy before his future BFF, Ocean Master.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 13th, 2018, 06:30 PM

Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun

I suppose, but I don't want a tricky Star-Lord-esque situation where "every water unit has to be tested with him to determine their cost." Ocean Master's water usabiltiy will be reflected in his cost, not this poor little dolphin's.

Old September 13th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Sure. This guy is going to stay cheap and then beg for Ocean Master to make him relevant.

Tempest is a good substitute in the meantime.

Old September 14th, 2018, 10:27 AM

This design is now On Hold.

We are making a (hopefully quick) reevaluation to Beast Boy, so this design is on hold for the time being. I'll pick it up at my earliest opportunity once Beast Boy is all set and done.

Old September 20th, 2018, 05:13 PM

Re: The Book of Beast Boy (Dolphin) (Initial Playtesting Pha

We're back in action here, folks.

I'm currently working on an in-sanctum initial, but the initial here is next up to bat for me. I'll also be using Beast Boy without an Order Marker requirement to transform in games where that applies.

Old September 24th, 2018, 03:54 PM

There was earlier talk of changing the personality away from Wild here. Does anybody have any other ideas to discuss while I work on the initial?

Old September 24th, 2018, 04:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If it is based on the personality of a dolphin rather then Beast Boy, then 'playful' is the thing that comes to mind first, or maybe 'helpful' since he helps people in the water. If the personality is just reflective of Beast Boy no matter what form he is in, then ape whatever is on the initial Beast Boy card.
Old September 24th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
If it is based on the personality of a dolphin rather then Beast Boy, then 'playful' is the thing that comes to mind first, or maybe 'helpful' since he helps people in the water. If the personality is just reflective of Beast Boy no matter what form he is in, then ape whatever is on the initial Beast Boy card.

I had the same thought for the same reason. I think 'playful' works for both Beast Boy and dolphins, so it's a win in my book.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive Collection 17: Blasters and Beast Masters)
Old September 24th, 2018, 11:34 PM

The Beast Boys have varying personalities. I like Playful, Playful it is.

Old September 28th, 2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Beast Boy (Dolphin) *WITH UPDATED BEAST BOY CHANGES*

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.

- What should be the unit's point value? 20. Super niche so far.
- Give a brief overview. The idea here was to create a build where a brutal melee fighter, in this case Korvus RookíShir, can continuously engage the enemy. ThisÖ didnít go quite as planned. Korvus did in fact do serious damage, but Echolocation was only used to kite Hydro-Man on defense and never came into play for Korvus.
Map: Conflict Chernobyl.
Units: Beast Boy Dolphin (30), BB Metahuman, Hydro Man, Tempest, and Korvus RookíShir (800) vs. Piledriver, Thunderball, Wrecker, and Bulldozer (800).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes?

- What should be the unit's point value? 20 is seeming more and more appropriate.
- Give a brief overview. This time, I wanted to see if Tempest could connect the ponds on the map and have the Titans play both sides of the river. Iíve realized that the Wrecking Crew can be a disgustingly good army if the dice fall right. The ideas was to test against a slow melee army who would get stuck in the water, but when 6 turns come off an Order Marker, your back is pretty against the wall. That said, Dolphin form didnít amount ot much in this game. More games to follow.
Map: Conflict Chernobyl.
Units: Beast Boy Dolphin (30), BB T-Rex, BB Metahuman, BB Pterodactyl, Cyborg I, Nightwing, and Tempest (800) vs. Piledriver, Thunderball, Wrecker, and Bulldozer (800).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes!

- What should be the unit's point value? Iím fairly convinced 30 is right here.
- Give a brief overview. Moving onto a new map, Beast Boy was meant to set up for the Warriors to charge across the river quickly. I also wanted to see if the rapid movement from the speedsters would be overpowered with Echolocation. It definitely wasnít, but Beast Boy did shine here (finally). He was able to bridge the river and allow the Warriors Three to move into great positioning in the middle rounds. It might not look like he did all that much, but he definitely earned 30 points, and if the game had come down to it, the extra 60 for Metahuman would have come in handy as a 3-dice attacker who could change back to Dolphin if needed.
Map: Ivyís Greenhouse.
Units: Beast Boy Dolphin (30), BB Metahuman, Fandral, Volstagg, and Hogun (1010) vs. Flash (Jay Garrick), Flash (Wally West), Flash (John Fox), Quicksilver, and Aaron Cash (1010).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.

- What should be the unit's point value? 30 for sure.
- Give a brief overview. Another instance of Dolphin form moving some chess pieces around and making the river easily crossable. This time, though, I wanted to include other Beast Boy forms and see if the utility was there for each. They did prove useful. Dolphin form definitely earned its keep here. More thoughts below.
Map: Ivyís Greenhouse.
Units: Beast Boy Dolphin, BB Metahuman, BB Pterodactyl, BB Cheetah, Red Ghost, and Super-Apes (Igor, Mikhlo, Peotor) (850) vs. Catman, Scandal Savage, Bane, and Knockout (850).
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: As soon as I placed down Order Markers for round one of Game 1, I realized Dolphin form cannot be taken alone without a carrier since it canít move on land (funny, since I wrote that power). I wanted to leave some of the Dolphin-only carry pod builds for public testing, so I tried some weird and interactive armies here. The levels of success were varying. The first couple of games showed Dolphin not doing much and how it could be punished, but the last two games had Dolphin really shining and being useful in ways I expected, and some I didnít. 30 points is feeling really good now. In the wrong army, it likely will never earn its keep, but in the right army, it can be very useful.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: It took me a couple of games to get going with using Dolphin form effectively, but it definitely has its value in the right build. The unit gets you to think unconventionally when building armies and I like that. Itís a welcome addition to the Beast Boy repertoire in my book.
This was a really interesting experience. I went from a bit of frustration and failure in the unit to extreme faith in its abilities as the tests went on. All in all, it takes some getting used to in order to play Dolphin effectively, but I love the play it produces once you get the hang of it.

I'll leave this for comments until the end of the day before proposing public testing, but I really like 30 here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library