Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 27th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

I watched Hot Fuzz last night. One of the coaches I work with has been trying to get me to watch it for a while. Some gore, dare I say campy gore? A lot of language. It is pretty amazing.
Old May 27th, 2018, 06:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I watched Hot Fuzz last night. One of the coaches I work with has been trying to get me to watch it for a while. Some gore, dare I say campy gore? A lot of language. It is pretty amazing.
I absolutely love this one. I also like shawn of the dead. Same duo in that one as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 28th, 2018, 12:36 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Decided to take the family to see Solo this afternoon. It was enjoyable. My son loved it. he though it ranked right behind Rogue One in 3rd place. Can't remember which OT movie he had first.

I find it hard to rank...all the rest are so galaxy in peril where this is a personal voyage so to speak. Was it a great work of cinematic art...of course not. Was it an enjoyable ride in the Star Wars universe...absolutely. Liked all the gems foreshadowing the future we know as well as the development of friendships and rivalries.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 28th, 2018, 01:16 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hot Fuzz is amazing.

Speaking of Solo, this weekend I decided to watch Deadpool 2. Liked it quite a bit, better than the first. I thought I might since it turned everything from the first one up to 11, similar to GotG 2 which I also liked better than the first.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 18th, 2018, 01:35 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Incredibles 2!

I haven't had so much fun at a movie theater since... I dunno. This particular brand of family-friendly, comedy-action is a pretty rare... Bird. I probably spent a solid ten minutes of the run-time laughing my head off.

This is not a deep movie. It does not go for the feels, though it is very true to the human condition. It's really just all about inviting the audience along for a fun and entertaining ride.

I really don't want to spoil any of the best stuff, so for now I'll just leave it with my strongest recommendation. I have difficulty imagining anyone here not enjoying it.

~Aldin, a happy father on father's day

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 18th, 2018, 03:30 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Incredibles 2!

I haven't had so much fun at a movie theater since... I dunno. This particular brand of family-friendly, comedy-action is a pretty rare... Bird. I probably spent a solid ten minutes of the run-time laughing my head off.

This is not a deep movie. It does not go for the feels, though it is very true to the human condition. It's really just all about inviting the audience along for a fun and entertaining ride.

I really don't want to spoil any of the best stuff, so for now I'll just leave it with my strongest recommendation. I have difficulty imagining anyone here not enjoying it.

~Aldin, a happy father on father's day
Yes. My girlfriend and I saw it early Thursday night together and just had a fun time watching a long-awaited, enjoyable movie.
Old June 19th, 2018, 08:50 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Got MoviePass, which for $9.99/month lets you see a movie in any Theatre every day - pays for itself in one movie these days, I probably will average 1 or 2 movies a week, but this weekend I saw 3 movies:
  • Oceans's 8 (PG-13): 7/10 Was decent and had some slick thievery of Bling Bling with some fun acting, but honestly I was not invested in it, and not to give it away, but barely anything went wrong in the plan which meant there was no tension. Saw on date, she liked it better, so probably a rare good non-romantic date night or ladies night flick.
  • Incredibles 2 (PG): 8/10 Was fun, heartwarming, and funny; but not as fun or heartwarming as original, although maybe slightly funnier especially with Jack-Jack. Villain gambit was seen ahead of time, so that also detracted from ending. Saw with a group 20s-30s guys/girls, with most the theater filled with families with young kids, so good for groups.
  • Tag (R): 6/10 Great premise but not as funny or heartwarming, and too ridiculous slap-stick gags (almost cartoonish) than I was anticipating, plus the best jokes I already saw in the previews. Honestly not until the very ending did they play actual TAG by running around and chasing each other. But was fun guys night movie, I and a friend played TAG in theater during credits, and that was fun, so movie was worth it for that!
Maybe I'm getting to be more cynical in my old age, or have too high expectations, as I rate movies less than I did before.
Old June 29th, 2018, 03:23 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just saw Solo, and really liked it. I had planned only to watch the new Star Wars films on TV, but saw Rogue One last year on an airplane for free, and just saw The Force Awakens finally on TV. So far I've enjoyed the stand alone movies much more than the series flics!
Old June 29th, 2018, 04:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, since Disney bought Lucas Films the two SW movies I liked the most are Rogue One and Solo. The Force Awakens and Last Jedi made all the crazy money but were the weaker films.
Old June 29th, 2018, 05:50 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, since Disney bought Lucas Films the two SW movies I liked the most are Rogue One and Solo. The Force Awakens and Last Jedi made all the crazy money but were the weaker films.
I double this. Rogue One and Solo are good, fun Star Wars movies.
Old July 7th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I took my daughters to see Ant-Man and The Wasp today. We enjoyed it. Light, fun, funny and some good action.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 8th, 2018, 08:51 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I took my daughters to see Ant-Man and The Wasp today. We enjoyed it. Light, fun, funny and some good action.

I too took my daughter to Ant-Man and the Wasp on Sat. afternoon. We also enjoyed it. My only disappointment was with the end credit scenes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies