Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which unit is better?
Drow Chainfighter 39 73.58%
Sahuagin Raider 14 26.42%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 20th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #57 -- Drow Chainfighter vs. Sahuagin Raider

I ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the quality of the Unit Debates and avoid confusion.

This Unit Debate was selected by tom.

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Situational Usefulness

8. Best in Dungeon Crawl
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:49 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart
Re: Unit Debate #57 -- Drow Chainfighter vs. Sahuagin Raider

This is an easy decision for me, Drow Chainfighter all the way.

Drow's survivability is better, offense is more reliable, plus his chain grab power is really cool! To be honest, I can't think of an instance, where I would pick the Rider over the Drow. If I recall correctly, Jexik(spelling?) described the Rider as "fish stinks" so the Drow are clearly better.

Marcu or Isamu is still better for less points though....
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

At least the Chainfighter can be blown up into a cloud of spiders...

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:31 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Drow Chainfighter looks cooler, has better stats, and has more thematic and useful powers. Simple as that.
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:13 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Since I play CUC proposed change of drow squad bonding with drow hero but also play raider @ 20 points, I'm probably not qualified to vote accurately.
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:13 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ooh, this is a tough one! I love 'em both, but I think I'll go with the Fishstick. That reminds me - I still need to get my 10th Sahuagin....

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:41 AM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
At least the Chainfighter can be blown up into a cloud of spiders...
That is a very good reason!
We have also found he hides well among other Drow. Kind of a build in camouflage with all that black and fragile looking plastic.
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:03 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fishstick. This little guy assassinated a wounded Braxas!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:43 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

The green guy looks cool, but I've never found much reason to use him (before he gets casually killed in a drive-by shooting).

On the other hand, I find the Chainfighter to be extremely useful. Being able to pull opponents' figures off of glyphs is huge; being able to remove enemy figures from engaging my more expensive heroes is huge; being able to pull opposing heroes into engagement is huge. On top of that, they're reasonably durable and have a solid attack. As 25 point units go, I think only the Swog Rider has better utility.
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Chainfighter. Explanation below.
Spoiler Alert!

Man that's long...
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:06 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Fishsticks is good for his own purpose. Killing your opponents last wounded hero. DCF has better stats, but he's not as good at doing what little guys are made to do.
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:03 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The chainfighter has better stats but looks bad. Fishsticks looks cool. I voted Fishsticks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units