Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 31st, 2011, 09:08 PM

Lucky is surprisingly tart
Wink Re: The Book of Darrak Ambershard

I think Darrak is an awsome figure for 60 points. He hits hard and has hide in darkness to help dodge ranged attacks. He can hide behind the large caracters in the game and can get any trap with hardly any chance of getting a wound. I like this little guy. He has came through for me many times. He always takes out more points than he cost to put him in your army so point for point I think he is a good character.

He is not just a devastating opponent, he is the bait; hence the name Master of the Hunt.
Old November 1st, 2011, 05:11 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Darrak Ambershard

darrak, although easy to kill, is worth the 60 points. he partners up well with tandros and having 6 attack for 60 points when attacking with him engaged too! i use customs in my games and one of my customs has combat challenge, those two work well together. basically he works well with anyone with combat challenge, whether it custom or tandros. his other abilities also make him great in a dungeon crawl, where treasure glyphs usually appear and he can take them easily. his hide in darkness also makes him good in dungeon crawls where dungeon and shadow again usually appear but also makes him good on maps with these two types of terrain, and because he comes in the D&D master set shadow and dungeon, darrak and shadow usually come together. he goes well with mika connuer as well, because she brings shadow with her. overall a great hero and a good filler.
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:48 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Text form of special powers for easy reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrak Ambershard
SNEAK ATTACK 2
If Darrak Ambershard is attacking an opponent's figure that is adjacent to at least one other figure you control, add 2 dice to Darrak Ambershard's attack.

DISARM TRAPS
When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with Darrak Ambershard, you may add 4 to your die roll.

HIDE IN DARKNESS
If Darrak Ambershard is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If Darrak Ambershard is on a dungeon space, add 3 to your die roll. If he is on a shadow space, add 6 to your die roll. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 16 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.
Custom Tech Talk:
1#: "If _ is attacking" would have perhaps once read "When attacking" or "When rolling attack dice". There have been enough instances of "If" to take precedent and be standard.
2#: "When you roll the 20-sided die" curiously reverts to "When". Also of note it reads "When you roll" versus "When rolling for".
More is needed for me to make further comment, but my guess is that When deals for out of combat activations.
3#: "Treasure Glyph is nothing out of the ordinary, but I'm making note that Glyphs are closer to Heroes in that they are capitalized, unlike markers, which are never capitalized, when named.
4#: "space" is occasionally called a "tile" in customs. Another minor note is that when a figure enters a space, it is said to be "on _ space"
5#: To save text space, results that yield nothing are often excluded in customs. Here the 1-15 result is still mentioned.
6#: "inflicted" and "damage" vs 'wounds'.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; November 22nd, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:00 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Darrak Ambershard
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 13th, 2018, 03:34 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

For the C3V/SoV Custom Synergies, Darrak Ambershard should also bond with the Nottingham Brigand, since he's a Rogue Hero.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units