Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 5th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Maryland Tournament, June 13th

Greetings all, its tourny time again here in Maryland.

Where:
Renaissance Games
2315 A-6 Belair Rd.
Fallston, Md. 21047

When: June 13th Confirmed

Time: 1:00 start time. Try to be there by 12:30.

Format: Time to shake it up a bit. This will be a 400 point, 24 space start zone tourny. No Marvel. (Sorry Marvel fans)
Here's the shake up, all units that are ranked as A+ or A units, on spider poisons rankings, will be banned. I will put the list of units here,

Your army may not include:
4th Mass. Line
Deathreavers (rats)
Major Q9
Marro Stingers
Raelin ROTV
Blastatrons
Gladiatrons
Isamu
Keamon Awa
Knights of Weston
Krav Maga Agents
Laglor
Marro Warriors
Major Q10
Nilfheim
Sir Gilbert

So dust off the underused and under appreciated units, and bring it on.

Participants
1. Clancampbell
2. Copperpot
3. Technomagus
4. Drewcula
5. Tony
6. Tom
7. Kalislord
8. Aerindane
9. Taeblewalker
10. Vydar is the man
11. Shaugville
12. Son of Clancampbell
13. Zak
14. Jamie
Possibles
Arcus
Nightswipe
Wk4c
Lots of WK4c tag-alongs

Maps
1. Sandbar - by Tom
2. Common Ground - by Clancampbell
3. Tempered Flares - by Clancampbell
4. Cyprien's Cove - by Clancampbell
5. Hive Swamp Road - by Technomagus
6. Spring Thaw - By Tom
7. Swamp Infestation - by Vydar is the man
8. Super secret map of Doom II - by Clancampbell

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Last edited by clancampbell; June 11th, 2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:54 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Maryland Tournament, June

I should be able to make this. The format is interesting as well. I am looking forward to this. As usual I will help in any way I can, including bringing some maps.
Old May 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Oh I am lovin' this!! I will definitely do my best to be there for this one - one more tourney and I get on the "Big Boy" NERV list.

I know I'm going 0-5 on this one but I don't even care because I'm going to pull some of my figures off of the "Island of Misfit Toys" and have some fun!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old May 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

I think you should add the A- figures to your list too. I understand why you may be hesitant to do so, but I'm assuming this restriction (A+ & A)is to get people thinking and be creative because the tournaments always seem to have the same figures in them. I think by leaving 1/3 of the "A's" up there to choose from, it won't be as interesting and your going to see a lot of certain figures, like Cyprien - especially with the Glads/Blasts out.

What do you think about making it B+ and lower? You could call it the "B Squad Games".

Just a thought.

My Maps
Old May 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
I think you should add the A- figures to your list too. I understand why you may be hesitant to do so, but I'm assuming this restriction (A+ & A)is to get people thinking and be creative because the tournaments always seem to have the same figures in them. I think by leaving 1/3 of the "A's" up there to choose from, it won't be as interesting and your going to see a lot of certain figures, like Cyprien - especially with the Glads/Blasts out.

What do you think about making it B+ and lower? You could call it the "B Squad Games".

Just a thought.
Yes the restriction is to get people to be creative and thinking, but its also so we don't see the "same old, same old," units all around. Taking away the top tier units might bring some of the best units from the lower grades to the forefront, like Cyprien, but I think this will be true no matter what level you cut it off at.
Cyprien and maybe the 10th Reg. are the only dominate type units in the A- catagory. I did think about taking the A- units out as well, but I don't want to limit the unit pool too much. I think as is there are still plenty of units to choose from.
So I'd have to say A- units will stay for now.
Hopefully it will still be just as awesome for you.

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post

Just a thought.
Yes the restriction is to get people to be creative and thinking, but its also so we don't see the "same old, same old," units all around. Taking away the top tier units might bring some of the best units from the lower grades to the forefront, like Cyprien, but I think this will be true no matter what level you cut it off at.
Cyprien and maybe the 10th Reg. are the only dominate type units in the A- catagory. I did think about taking the A- units out as well, but I don't want to limit the unit pool too much. I think as is there are still plenty of units to choose from.
So I'd have to say A- units will stay for now.
Hopefully it will still be just as awesome for you.
Duh, of course it will be just as awesome! lol I see where you are coming from and on that note, I will see you in June, with Cyprien -

My Maps
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Re: Maryland Tournament, June 13th

As per normal I will need help with maps. Anyone wanting to help will be greatly appreciated.
I know Tom will help as per normal, thanks Tom.
Anyone wanting to recommend maps please feel free.
I have put sandbar in the list, we used this last time and I think it was a good map, I really liked it and didn't get a chance to play on it.

I'm going to recommend the following maps. All are in Gamebear's maps thread. I'm sure Tom will be along to put the pictures in this thread for me.

Common Ground
Tempered Flares
Cyprien's Cove

There will be no secret map of doom this time.

Old May 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM

Copperpot Woo who?

Quote:

WHAT! No Super Secret Map of Doom! I know... it's so secret that you don't even know about it yet! I was really looking forward to an all Obsidian Guard Army

You can count me in for the tourney!

I smell ice cream! Mississippi Mud...Chocolate Eruption!
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperpot View Post
Quote:

WHAT! No Super Secret Map of Doom! I know... it's so secret that you don't even know about it yet! I was really looking forward to an all Obsidian Guard Army

You can count me in for the tourney!
Yeah..........thats it........

An all Obsidian guard army would rule. I'd pay real money to see you play that.
Glad you can make it, I need some sweet revenge after you handed me my butt the last match.

Old May 7th, 2009, 10:56 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Common Ground

Tempered Flares

Cyprien's Cove

The Sandbar

Gotta teach you how to do this someday .

Maybe...
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Thanks Tom.

Yes please do teach me how. I won't have to bother you anymore.

I really do appreciate it though.

Old May 10th, 2009, 02:18 AM

Technomagus has disabled reputation

In.

And I'll bring Hive Swamp Road, too. Should be quite an interesting format.

Probably going to have to change the start zones to prevent a Zelrig firebomb opening...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events