Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 30th, 2008, 03:08 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Trial of Victor the Pure Blood and Slitters

This trial is for Gidian's Slitters, and Victor the pure blood
Judges are: Lord_Mortis, Nos13, Roland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidian
Figures: Dreamblade - Jack of Blades

The Slitters should be played together with their master to take advantage of the bleeding ability:

Figure: Mage Knight - Order of Vladd

Use them instead of Cyprien and Sonya in an undead army.
Play against heroes to take advantage of bleeding

Any and all comments/suggestions appreciated.

DWARVES!
Old January 30th, 2008, 04:09 PM

PhoenixTitan has disabled reputation
I like them, and if you actually have the figures, is Victor a Carr repaint?

An order marker saved is a turn earned.
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
That figure is Order of Vladd from the Mage Knight Rebellion set. http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mageknig...sp?unitid=1322

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 30th, 2008, 06:08 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The slitters look good. But im afraid that their hero might be a little under priced. His powers look good and his stats. They equal out all together from what I can tell. But I think the price should be raised a little.
Old January 30th, 2008, 06:25 PM

Lord_Mortis has disabled reputation
First impression is that Victor may be a little undercosted, at 5 life, 6 defense, and the ability to heal himself. He's no Cyprien, but throw him up against a bleeding Hero and he's a death dealer.

I think the wording on some of the abilities needs to be changed to seem a little more official. The Slitters ability seems to work only against Heroes, so maybe it should read something along the lines of "When Slitters cause a wound against a Unique Hero...."

Life Drain should be changed to the more official Life Drain ability like those on the Esenwein's cards.

Something about the Scent of Blood's wording strikes me funny. I think the first part should read something like "Victor the Pure-Blood may move up to 3 additional spaces as long as he ends his move adjacent to a Bleeding Hero."

Other than that, I think these guys are going to make players think twice before sending a unique hero out into their direction. With the Slitters move of 6, disengage, and their Slitting ability, they can cause a wound on one hero, then move onto another, leaving the bleeding heroes vulnerable to Victor's attacks.
Old January 31st, 2008, 02:03 PM

Hades has disabled reputation
Nice concepts! Agree the wording needs to be cleaned up tho. Like the use of your slitter figures. I have the same figure posted in my customs as a hero tho
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:36 PM

Gidian has disabled reputation
Feel free to change the wording - itīs just a try of translating it from German into English.

About the costs of Victor I haven't been quite sure. He can be very effective if he reaches a bleeding opponent but itīs always a risk to play him because he is worthless if his Slitters don't slit anyone (with defense 2, they are easy to kill, thatīs why I gave them disengage). And he is only strong against other heros because of his normal attack of 2. If he is engaged by some squad figures it would be hard for him to free himself.

But maybe the combination of Life Drain, Defense 6 and Life 5 is too strong. How about reducing his life to 4?

And because we never player one of the vampires, Iīm not quite sure how strong Life Drain really is. But maybe you are right and the points should be slightly increased. Maybe to 120? But you souldnīt forget that itīs necessarily to play the Slitters together with him - at least two times. So the combination would cost 230 to 250 points. Thatīs quite a lot.

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:45 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Don't forget Empress Kiova & 2x Imperium costs 370, so I don't think you should worry too much if they're found to be 230ish together.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:36 AM

I think, for now, that leaving Victor's stats where they are but raising his cost to at least 125 sounds about right.
Old February 14th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Along with the other customs currently on trial, I will try to get some playtesting done this weekend.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM

Been playtesting these guys in a few games. Will get some results up when I have time.
Old February 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM

Gidian has disabled reputation
Iīm quite excited what you think of them after playtesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards