Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old April 14th, 2008, 09:16 AM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New Site: Unresolved Issues

On the main page I get 6 Javascript errors. They are all 'vBmenu is not defined' in 'blog.php.' I have firebug installed in my Browser so I am probably one of the few users that sees these errors but I just wanted to make sure you are aware of them.
Old April 14th, 2008, 09:36 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
funrun...I am noticing that even though all of the threads have been read in a particular forum that it still shows that there are "new" posts unless I navigate out of the forum by clicking the Forums button itself.

I hope that makes sense.
This sounds like a browser cache problem. I am not sure it is actually a problem with this site. Even if it is, nothing comes to mind that would change this in the site settings.
I'm having this same new problem.
Same here. It's mildly irritating when I click on a thread with 'new posts' to find out that I've already read through it. I'm probably just doing it wrong, which wouldn't surprise me. I've taken to clicking the 'mark all forums as read' option a lot more lately.

While I'm here, there should be a failsafe against binary polls. I'm surprised that there isn't. I know, this sounds like a silly suggestion, but quite frankly, I'm tired of navigating past all those locked polls and I'm sure you Admins grow tired of locking them (maybe not). This probably belongs more in the Drop Box, but I consider it an Unresolved Issue. That's just my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old April 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

I'm having weird troubles getting my avatar to work. My computer says it's under 100K. When I FTP it to another server, it says it's 96.5K. But when I try to upload it here or even link to it here, I get: "Your file of 152.3 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 100.0 KB for this filetype."

Edit: It keeps getting worse. I tried shrinking the size of the avatar, got it below 90K on my computer. But Heroscapers now says it's 155K! I shrink it and HS says it's gotten bigger??

(I put up a temporary older avatar for now.)

Last edited by Finrod; April 14th, 2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Update
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naps420 View Post
I have noticed that we are unable to change the title of our post. There is an option in edit, if you click on "Go Advance" button, however, this only changes the post title while you view the post itself. If you go to the forum, where all the threads are listed, the original title will still be shown. I hope this makes sense.
Users that generate threads of updated content should SERIOUSLY consider making those threads into a blog. Blogs are very easy to navigate and are centered around you, and new posts are brought to the top.
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:22 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by naps420 View Post
I have noticed that we are unable to change the title of our post. There is an option in edit, if you click on "Go Advance" button, however, this only changes the post title while you view the post itself. If you go to the forum, where all the threads are listed, the original title will still be shown. I hope this makes sense.
Users that generate threads of updated content should SERIOUSLY consider making those threads into a blog. Blogs are very easy to navigate and are centered around you, and new posts are brought to the top.
But what about the content that's not user-centric? Threads like the WOTC feedback thread. I'd love to be able to see just how many pages a thread has before clicking on the 'last page' link of the thread and having to navigate back from the end page.

Also, I seem to keep getting logged out. Is there a time limit on being logged in but inactive?

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Here's a minor problem, I think. Whenever I post, the post box thing goes off the side into the blue. It probably should be in the "Reply to thread" box, but it's partially outside of it.

(Sorry for my bad explanation. I'm unskilled at describing things...)
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
One of my Delete keys is not working in the reply textbox. The "./Del" key on my numeric keypad works if I turn Num Lock off, but the dedicated "Delete" key does nothing. It removes characters in my browser's HTML address line and the site's message title textbox, but not in the message body entry area.
I noticed this issue myself while posting at some point today, but I cannot replicate it right now in IE7, Firefox, or Safari on Windows. I think I was using IE7 when it happened to me.

If anyone can replicate this issue on a certian browser/OS, please quote and reply to this post.

Suspected issue: Delete key does not work in post reply editor box. Browser/ OS unknown at this time, unable to replicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Here's a minor problem, I think. Whenever I post, the post box thing goes off the side into the blue. It probably should be in the "Reply to thread" box, but it's partially outside of it.

(Sorry for my bad explanation. I'm unskilled at describing things...)
Post Edit box cut off on right side: resolved issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
funrun...I am noticing that even though all of the threads have been read in a particular forum that it still shows that there are "new" posts unless I navigate out of the forum by clicking the Forums button itself.

I hope that makes sense.
This sounds like a browser cache problem. I am not sure it is actually a problem with this site. Even if it is, nothing comes to mind that would change this in the site settings.
I'm having this same new problem.
Posts not being recognized by system as "read" until user navigates away from the thread page and back to the forum home page. Not actually an issue. See my post on page 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
On the main page I get 6 Javascript errors. They are all 'vBmenu is not defined' in 'blog.php.' I have firebug installed in my Browser so I am probably one of the few users that sees these errors but I just wanted to make sure you are aware of them.
Believe Xotli fixed this, referring to his post later in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
While I'm here, there should be a failsafe against binary polls. I'm surprised that there isn't. I know, this sounds like a silly suggestion, but quite frankly, I'm tired of navigating past all those locked polls and I'm sure you Admins grow tired of locking them (maybe not). This probably belongs more in the Drop Box, but I consider it an Unresolved Issue. That's just my two cents.
I have no idea what you are referring to. But before you post more, know that any polls imported from the old site are irrelevant to the features of creating new polls on this site. What's done is done, what you can do in the present is what we need to know about. If it is a suggestion and not an error please post it in the Drop Box for Site Improvement thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
I'm having weird troubles getting my avatar to work. My computer says it's under 100K. When I FTP it to another server, it says it's 96.5K. But when I try to upload it here or even link to it here, I get: "Your file of 152.3 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 100.0 KB for this filetype."

Edit: It keeps getting worse. I tried shrinking the size of the avatar, got it below 90K on my computer. But Heroscapers now says it's 155K! I shrink it and HS says it's gotten bigger??

(I put up a temporary older avatar for now.)
Sounds like it could be a highly technical problem on how your computer versus other servers interprets the 010101s in your image file. Try saving the image with a different file name, smaller than 90K, empty your browser cache, close browser window, then upload it again with the new name. It may be the server/browser/your PC is having a difficult time noticing and re-writing the few bits that changed since your last save/ upload attempt.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.

Last edited by funrun; April 15th, 2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: updated issue statuses
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=14461&page=4

If a user has a really long location it makes the post go off the template.
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
Also, I seem to keep getting logged out. Is there a time limit on being logged in but inactive?
this my only issue as well. is there a way to change my timer for being logged out?
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit View Post

I noticed this too, or rather the inverse: in my browser the table cell containing the location was extra wide towards the center of the page, instead of extended outside the site border to the right.

Long user locations break the page layout: resolved Issue.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.

Last edited by funrun; April 14th, 2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: resolved issue
Old April 14th, 2008, 01:33 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I tried to edit my signature, which was three lines long. I changed it to only two lines. When I try to save the changes it tells me that a signature can only be 4 lines long. I am well under the limit, but I can't save it. It's a minor thing, but thought I would point it out.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; April 14th, 2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Because!
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit View Post

That's kinda what my posting problem looks like, except that the entire box is moved over; not just stretched.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online