Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 29th, 2015, 05:53 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Xualtiaca Fire Ants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Your C3V Rules Team has suggested the following Ruling(s) and Clarification(s) for this unit:

Quote:
Q: Can a Xualtiacan Fire Ant that moved via Swarming attack that turn?
A: Yes.
Note, however, that any Fire Ants that moved normally are already activated and must be chosen during the attack phase. If less than four Fire Ants moved normally, the remaining attacks may come from any Fire Ants you control, including ones moved by Swarming.
The "must be chosen" part seems confusing (actually incorrect) to me, since I'm not forced to attack with all the ants that moved normally. Can I assume this is really just trying to say an ant that moved (only) via Swarming is not considered a "full-fledged mover" for the purpose of having attack priority? Meaning, it does not get to "claim a spot" among the four available attackers at the expense of one that actually moved normally? If so, I'd like to suggest a tweak to the wording that doesn't say every ant that moved "must be chosen" for the attack.
A: Yes. Note, however, that any Fire Ants that moved normally are already activated as potential attackers. If four Fire Ants moved normally, only those four may attack. If fewer than four Fire Ants moved normally, the remaining attacks may come from any Fire Ants you control, including ones moved by Swarming.
Does this capture the intent, @Xotli ?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old October 1st, 2015, 04:03 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
The "must be chosen" part seems confusing (actually incorrect) to me, since I'm not forced to attack with all the ants that moved normally. Can I assume this is really just trying to say an ant that moved (only) via Swarming is not considered a "full-fledged mover" for the purpose of having attack priority? Meaning, it does not get to "claim a spot" among the four available attackers at the expense of one that actually moved normally? If so, I'd like to suggest a tweak to the wording that doesn't say every ant that moved "must be chosen" for the attack.
A: Yes. Note, however, that any Fire Ants that moved normally are already activated as potential attackers. If four Fire Ants moved normally, only those four may attack. If fewer than four Fire Ants moved normally, the remaining attacks may come from any Fire Ants you control, including ones moved by Swarming.
Does this capture the intent, @Xotli ?
I wouldn't call it incorrect. To me, this is no different from referring to the movement phase but still allowing for the possibility of the figure not actually physically moving. If you don't want to attack with one of the ants that moved, that's fine; you just can't attack with anyone else instead either.

But your rewording seems fine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 1st, 2015, 11:29 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why would you ever use Swarming to move and attack with an Ant when you could just move that Ant normally though? I don't think it'd prevent something like Engagement Strike. Just kind of seems like a waste of 3 Move.

~TAF, confused

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 1st, 2015, 11:36 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Why would you ever use Swarming to move and attack with an Ant when you could just move that Ant normally though? I don't think it'd prevent something like Engagement Strike. Just kind of seems like a waste of 3 Move.

~TAF, confused
By using swarming to move, and not activating figures using movement, you can choose any ant you control to attack with, instead of being restricted to the ants that moved. That flexibility can be valuable.

You could have a situation where there are many potential targets to attack, but one is higher priority to kill, so you want to be able to attack that one a bunch of times, but move on to attack others if it dies quickly. Or you could be facing goblin cutters and you want to be able to attack with any ant instead of allowing your opponent to scurry away from the active ants.

I'm not saying it would come up all the time, but there are definitely times when I would forgo regular movement to gain activation flexibility when attacking.
Old October 1st, 2015, 04:11 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That makes sense I guess. Sort of a mini Horde Attack.

~TAF, clarified

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 20th, 2019, 01:59 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

can every ant choose what to do? one does the sting and another one attacks normally in the same turn. or do i have to do the special or normal attack with all of them?
Old March 20th, 2019, 02:02 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

It's all or nothing. You can attack with 3 Ants, or Sting with all the Ants.

So if you have a crapton of them engaged, stinging is a great idea (and Swarming sets that up well).
Old March 20th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Forgive me asking what might be a silly question:

According to Swarm Sting, you roll the d-20 for each enemy figure adjacent to an ant you control, and you have to roll an 18 or higher - simple enough. But if you have only one ant engaged to a figure, do you need to roll a 17 or an 18 to put a wound on that figure? I'm assuming that because of how the power is written, you would only need a 17 because then you add 1 to make 18. Am I understanding correctly?

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 20th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post

According to Swarm Sting, you roll the d-20 for each enemy figure adjacent to an ant you control, and you have to roll an 18 or higher - simple enough. But if you have only one ant engaged to a figure, do you need to roll a 17 or an 18 to put a wound on that figure? I'm assuming that because of how the power is written, you would only need a 17 because then you add 1 to make 18. Am I understanding correctly?
That is correct, you only need a 17, since the sole ant would give you +1.
Old March 20th, 2019, 02:51 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Just realizes these are perfect counter to rats - as long as he Rats don't scatter all away.

Also, I assume yes, but does SWARM STING 18 work indefinitely as long as you keep rolling for it (similar to how Frenzy works) or kill all figures, or just one time.
Old March 20th, 2019, 02:52 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post

That is correct, you only need a 17, since the sole ant would give you +1.
Thanks!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 20th, 2019, 02:53 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

i thought i roll once for every ant not for every enemy figure

Last edited by Airballshooter; March 20th, 2019 at 03:01 PM. Reason: i cant read

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs