Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:53 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by doe138 View Post
Yeah, the photo I got of that unit had green all over the buckles. I tried them as all brown and all blue, but neither looked nice. That was my compromise that you see there. I'll be using the first card I made (in the OP) but there had been some people asking for an alternate Atlaga card. And there it is!
I spent the evening repainting an Atlaga into a Tyrian. I'll take a high-resolution macro photo in the morning (when I can shoot in natural light) and send it your way, Doe, if you wouldn't mind popping it into your awesome Tyrian card.

Or should I perhaps send it to whoever does the official C3V cards, in case the C3V would like to give the official stamp of approval to repainting Atlaga?
Old March 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Reasons to repaint a Defender figure:
  • It is the official one SoV picked out.
  • You are more likely to play Tyrian with Atlaga then a defender and therefore easier to distinguish.
  • He is easier to paint (shirtless).

Reasons to repaint Atlaga:
  • He is cheaper and more easier to find
  • You are not wasting a whole squad for one figure.
  • All kyrie heroes have shirts.
Tough choice, but item one on each list is the deciding factor for me.
Old March 15th, 2012, 01:22 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Reasons to repaint Atlaga:
  • All kyrie heroes have shirts.
True... but only if you consider Taelord as the reigning champion of Kyrie Wrestling Federation and not a unique hero from Heroscape.

Looks like it's 3-2 in favor of painting a Protector as Tyrian.
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Here's my Tyrian, repainted from a spare Atlaga.

I'm no painter: can't do washes or drybrushing at all. Doubtless most of you could do a better job here than I have. But that said..... I still think he looks awesome.

I converted his green clothes to blue. But also converted many of his brown and bronze accouterments (greaves, boots, helmet, bracelets, studs, etc.) to silver.

If Doe or anybody else would like to produce a new card using any of these images, please go ahead. I shot them high-res hoping somebody might be able to take advantage of them.

Any chance the C3V itself might consider giving the official thumbs-up to Tyrians made from Atlagas?

Old March 15th, 2012, 05:12 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I think I've said this before...but it was approved with a protector. But that does not preclude you using a repainted Atlaga as proxy...and as a TD I'd accept that as Tyrian in any tournament I'm running.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; March 15th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
I think I've said this before...but it was approved with a protector. But that does not preclude you using a repainted Atlaga as proxy...and as a TD I'd accept that as Tyrian in ant tournament I'm running.
Heh heh, poor ZB.

I know he was approved using a Protector. I guess I'm asking: is it possible to change/expand the list of approval?

After all, is only the specific Protector appearing on the card approved? Or any Protector? Because if the latter, then a certain defined proxying is already built into the official stamp of approval.

As I understand it, the upcoming squad using Confrontation Scorpions figures will allow that four-man squad to be composed of any mix of 26 different sculpts (out of 8 Clones, 8 Crossbowmen, 6 Sentinels, 4 Skorize).

Saying that "Tyrian may be repainted from any of the following four sculpts: any of the Protectors, or Atlaga" would be exactly analogous.

EDIT: Hmm, rereading this, I fear I'm being pushy. Somebody slap me if I am.

Last edited by Typhon2222; March 15th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:12 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

I want to thank those took the effort to include the pdf for the card recently. You saved me some ink in more blotched attempts at resizing. All the work done is much appreciated for both SOV and C3V.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
I think I've said this before...but it was approved with a protector. But that does not preclude you using a repainted Atlaga as proxy...and as a TD I'd accept that as Tyrian in ant tournament I'm running.
Heh heh, poor ZB.

I know he was approved using a Protector. I guess I'm asking: is it possible to change/expand the list of approval?

After all, is only the specific Protector appearing on the card approved? Or any Protector? Because if the latter, then a certain defined proxying is already built into the official stamp of approval.

As I understand it, the upcoming squad using Confrontation Scorpions figures will allow that four-man squad to be composed of any mix of 26 different sculpts (out of 8 Clones, 8 Crossbowmen, 6 Sentinels, 4 Skorize).

Saying that "Tyrian may be repainted from any of the following four sculpts: any of the Protectors, or Atlaga" would be exactly analogous.

EDIT: Hmm, rereading this, I fear I'm being pushy. Somebody slap me if I am.
I'm not sure I understand the question, Typhon. "Approved" for what purpose? I would freely allow the substitution of an Atlaga for a Protector at an event of mine, but I can't & don't make rules for your house or your events.

I suppose you're asking for us to do something we haven't done yet in FanScape, which is to build flexibility into the mini selection. What we've done in the past is basically what you see here; we have a mini, and then we point out that others may choose to substitute Mini X for it, instead. In the House Rules link in my signature block I reference the Varkaanan Blade Dancers alternative mini, because those VBDs are not easy to find.

But that doesn't change what's on the VBD's card.

It's something we've avoided doing when dealing with other harder to find minis, if that's what you're asking for, and I'd just as soon not start down that road.

Consult your friendly neighborhood tournament director, as Zaphod suggests.

@ Longy418 ~ Thank you for enjoying what we've done.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; April 2nd, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:01 PM

Thanks for clarifying, D_S. You've helped me see that it's a non-issue.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:00 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Does anyone have the official mini they would be willing to paint up and send to me for a decent price? I suck at painting and I'm a stickler for have the exact mini that is on the card but I don't want to sacrifice a Protecter for it.
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I was thinking about Tyrian today, and I think that he'd be awesome in this army.

KoW x3 210
Finn 290
Thorgrim 370
Eldgrim 400
Tyrian 510

Lead with the Knights and Vikings, clean up with Tyrian. Tyrian would be wicked with 7 Range 6 Move 4 Attack and two attacks per turn, likely with 5 dice because of height that he'll get from flying. He's the perfect clean-up hero for that army. I want to run it, but I don't have any Protectors, let alone ones I could spare to repaint.

Last edited by vegietarian18; June 25th, 2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: also, it's 100% jandar
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

The knights really need Gilbert since they are so slow though, replacing Thorgrim and Eldgrim would work at 515. Tyrian wouldn't need too much defense as a clean-up figure, providing your knights kill most enemies. That does sound fun!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs