Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 27th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker
The Knights

Untill recent waves, knights off all kinds have been in the dump. I picked them up originally because most of my friends chose the big annihalator units, and Sir Denrick took care of them easily. Even with the installment of the Templars and Sir Dupuis, true medieval chivalry has been lacking strength. But after consecutive lost battles, I realized that I could not win with the knights, because they are lacking one thing: range.

It could be real simple, a hero and a squad or two. They could even be mods of the Roman Archers, with better defense and all. The Knights have every other base covered: squads, heroes, kyrie (kinda), even calvary. But no range. Just a thought.
Old August 27th, 2008, 08:57 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: The Knights

For a themed army sure the knights could use a ranged squad, but then again they wouldn't be knights, they'd be archers.

The combo of a few squads of knights along with Sir Gilbert is very good IMO. Gilbert adds precious movement to the Knights miserable 4 and his attack aura can be outright nasty if you play it right.

Just add a couple squads of Aubriens or Stingers and your in business (or you could go with a big nasty dragon like Braxas or Nilfheim to take care of your range).

EDIT: This also could have gone in The Book of Knights of Weston instead of making a new thread.

-insert signature here-
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:06 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

I wonder how long it will take my good friend Matthias Maccabeus to find this. He is the Knight extrodinaire.

I also like knights. I would have to say they are a force to be reconed with. With Gilbert they can actually take the field fast. Yet you need multiple squads of the Knights. (NoW)

DeadEye
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:10 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Knights with crossbows would be just about all we need to finish the army. Jandar needs anybody right now with a bow and arrow.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Pickledpie,

The Knights of Weston are far from being in the dump. Spider Poison rates them as A units. Knights + Gilbert make excellent ranged counters when used correctly. The Templars with 8 move can be great against ranged units, too...just don't get shot at first.

The knights are the best bonding squad in the game, and are very, VERY tough to beat when used correctly, ask anybody who plays against me.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:48 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Matthias has spoken and therefore cannot be questioned.

-insert signature here-
Old August 27th, 2008, 11:23 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

see, I said it was just a matter of minutes before he would speak

But still the Knights are awesome! I just hope if they receive any longbowmen or crossbowmen that they do not have bonding. Because I will just refuse to play Matthias then with his knights. He is bad enough with taking full knights without Range.

DeadEye
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:17 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
Untill recent waves, knights off all kinds have been in the dump. I picked them up originally because most of my friends chose the big annihalator units, and Sir Denrick took care of them easily. Even with the installment of the Templars and Sir Dupuis, true medieval chivalry has been lacking strength. But after consecutive lost battles, I realized that I could not win with the knights, because they are lacking one thing: range.

It could be real simple, a hero and a squad or two. They could even be mods of the Roman Archers, with better defense and all. The Knights have every other base covered: squads, heroes, kyrie (kinda), even calvary. But no range. Just a thought.
Sounds like someone needs a Sir Gilbert. Jandar's dispatch does a decent job of making up for the knights' lack of range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:29 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Without any range unit, knights may find difficult time to pull out a victory. Together with a range unit, knights with their champions are one of the best melee units out there.
Try this army out and you'll see:
Knights x3, Thorgrim, Finn, Elgrim, Krav Maga for 500 points.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

One of my favorite 500pt (ok, it is 495pts) armies:
2x Knights of Weston
2x 4th Mass
1x Sir Gilbert
1x Eldrim
and either Finn or Thorgrim

This is all valiant, the 4th Mass get their extra defense, Knights bond with Sir Gilbert and any of the Vikings. You can use Sir Gilbert's Jandars Dispatch to move the 4th Mass without them losing their wait then fire bonus or use Jandars Dispatch to speed up the Knights.
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

You beat me to it. That army does amazing things...but as Matthais said, I've seen knights run the whole board. And I'm talking just KoW with Gilbert; no Denrick, no vikings, no Dupius. And that was in my hands, and by the sounds of it around here, Matthias would do it many times better than I could.
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
Without any range unit, knights may find difficult time to pull out a victory.
I disagree witht his statement very much! I think the only time that knights NEED a ranged unit to pull out a victory is when they are up against the WoA, unless you brought Hawthorne with you. Also when facing another melee squad backed up with some sort of defensive boost like Raelin, Nerak, etc, a ranged squad/hero will come in handy when shooting over the top of the front line at the defensive booster. Other than that the knights by themselves (well with their champions) can hold their own against anything people throw at them when played correctly.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion