Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old November 26th, 2020, 09:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 3, Hawkeye + Iceman 10/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Invisible Woman
Very clean take, feels right for the character. I do wish the range on her normal attack and on her defensive power lined up. Maybe meet in the middle at 3 if you don't want to beef the defensive range all the way to 4? I like it when those sorts of numbers line up - makes a card easier to play, and makes the range on the defensive aura feel less gamey.
See, I'm the opposite, I like the tension. "I can shoot that guy from over here, but I also really need to be over there to protect Johnny's dumb ass..." Nothing wrong with a little attention to detail when positioning.
I hear that, but I do have a hard time keeping track of it all when the range differences feel arbitrary. And in Sue's case, I think you've got it a bit backwards; it doesn't track for me that she can protect her teammate from 2 spaces away, but she'll use the same power to go the extra mile to hit someone 4 spaces away. I'd expect the reverse, if there had to be a difference.

Quote:
Quote:
Daredevil
Feels very Daredevil, though I do question "Hear Them Coming" as a name for a power that's more about Daredevil on offense. Full-on multi-attack against Criminals/Crime Lords also might push him a bit into counter-draft territory, being a pretty significant boost in effectiveness.
Point taken on Hear Them Coming; again, all ears for suggestions. I hear you on the Criminal/Crime Lord thing, too. There are some things I like better than the previous version, but I'm not sure he's quite there yet.
I'd actually steal one of the other power titles on the card and give it to Hear Them Coming. Hear Them Coming is trading pretty heavily on his blindness/radar sense. Then retitle whichever power you stole from.

Quote:
Quote:
Thor
Dig Thor as a counter-point to Loki, and really like their d20 powers lining up at 14. The wording on the SA reads a little weird at the start to me, might need a slight tweak there.
The 14 thing wasn't even intentional, but I can pretend it was. I've messed with the wording for Mjolnir Throw probably one time too many. I think it should go back to:

All adjacent figures are affected by Mjolnir Throw. Choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces to be affected as well. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Thor can use Mjolnir Throw only once per round.
Yeah, that ought to work.

Quote:
Quote:
Magneto
Is the crushing damage roll optional? I'm guessing not based on the fact that only some figures you control (Mutant Outcasts) are exempted, but it doesn't have a 'must'.

Master of Magnetism feels a little fiddly to me in general, with two different d20 targets and the way DOs sort of weave in and out of the power. Took me a couple reads to get a full picture of how the power works. Not too bad to parse at the end of the day, but less elegant than most of what you're doing with these cards.
Everything is optional unless there's a "must". Saves a lot of writing "may this, may that". Certainly can't argue it isn't one of the more complex powers. Not sure if it can be reworded in any way, though, without losing something.
Could you simplify the beginning of the sentence that starts with "After moving" down to "After moving a figure or choosing a Destructible Object, ..."? If crushing damage is optional, I don't see why he needs to be unable to roll against your other Brotherhood figures. You're presumably just not gonna choose to do that anyway.

-----

Congrats on getting that first 50 out!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations