Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 5th, 2007, 10:09 PM

DaveyNY has disabled reputation
Wally-World Online Shopping... Free Shipping...

Wally-World is starting up a new shipping program at their online site....

They will ship your online purchases to your local store for free!!! :banana:

Course there's a catch......

..."Customers of select stores in Texas, NW Arkansas, the Mississippi Gulf Coast or Northern California can use our Free Shipping: Site to Store(SM) Program at checkout. Thousands of Walmart.com items can be purchased online and shipped for free to local stores. Delivery takes about 7-10 business days after the order is processed, and you'll pay no shipping fees"!...

(But supposedly they will be expanding to other parts of the country in the future...)

nope, not holdin MY breath... nope, nope, nope
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hey! I live in NorCal!

~Aldin, who intends to check out if this actually applies to Martinez' WallyWorld later

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:42 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
Direct ship order processing

I wouldn't suggest holding your breath either Davey, but I predict this will expand very rapidly. We've been doing it at Dollar Tree for about a year now and it has been wildly successful. Between our ten distribution centers we ship out hundreds of pieces a day. But a word of caution: our program had a somewhat bumpy start. It depends on truck drivers, stock recievers, and a bunch of other people to know what to do and when to do it. These are folks that have never had to keep up with specific pieces of freight going to the right place before. Expect your orders in the initial start up period to get lost. Add in the fact that Wal-Mart's logistic chain is about 10 times more complicated than Dollar Tree's and you can definately expect some growing pains.

Never the less, this will be successful and you're going to love it! No more waiting for wave 6 to make it to your area (which it still hasn't in my case). Give it up to a year to go nation wide. We had our program up and running from ten DCs to 3,000+ stores in about 3 months. But look for the same growing pains in each new market.

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old March 8th, 2007, 02:42 AM

DaveyNY has disabled reputation
Thanks SB....

I think Home Depot or Lowes has been doing it for a while too or maybe it was JC Penny...(I can't remember which, but I remember getting something like this a couple of years ago.)

I used to work for Montgomery Wards (14 years), & I know they did it with their phone order's after the Catalog part moved out of the individual stores.

Can't wait for Wally-World to start doing it, I hate paying those jacked-up S&H charges.
Old March 8th, 2007, 09:23 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
The only problem is that they only have the MS, Castle, RTTFF and Orm's Return. Hopefully they will put all their HS product up. That'd be great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion