Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 18th, 2008, 07:37 PM

KaBoomboomBoom has disabled reputation
Best Gen-con Moment

Post your best moment of the weekend.

Mine occurred while facing off with Momo the Monkey in round two of the Heat of Battle. We were both running 7x Warriors of Ashra, Lil' Rae rae, and Kyntela Gwynn. We sat down and both shook hands. Knowing that the match was going to be nothing less than a ridiculous dice bonanza we both decided to roll a D-20. So we picked up our die and threw. I looked down and mine said a 9, I thought oh snap. I looked over at his dice and saw a 7. We filled out the sheet, said good game, and shook hands again.

Last edited by KaBoomboomBoom; August 19th, 2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Tyops
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:57 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
Re: Best Gen-con Moment

That's hilarious. That army is the exact same army I took to lonewolf's pre-Gencon tune-up gameday. I thought it would be an excruciating game if someone brought the same army (no one did). What a great way to resolve it quickly!

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome sportsmanship on both your parts. Kudos to you and Momo.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

After posting a 3-2 record in the Friday championship round I had to leave the play area a little sooner than I expected. I was pretty satisfied with my day but knew that Saturday belonged to the players with 4-1 and better. I also thought there were two players with 3-1-1. What I didn't know was that both of my losses where to two of our 5-0's (Spider Poison and Kaharma).

Around 8pm I was taking my son to look at the foam sword building and wdgrant passed me in the hall. He said something to the effect of congratulations. To which I said. "Great, thanks. For what?"

I think it is going to take making it into the Final Four someday to top the story of how I found out I made it to the this year's final round.
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't know about my best moment this year, I'll have to think a bit more. I did have a draw with Clarrisimus which was an excellent game of on and off high and low tension in the Championship, but that game screwed us both and did not give us any points for winning points and strength of opponent points so that both made us out for day 2. . Same thing happened to spider and NWO last year but I think they were already ot for day 2. I'll have to think a little bit more about my absolute favorite moment this year.
Old August 18th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Not sure if this is MY best moment but is certainly the most annoying and unforgettable.

On Sunday's Unique hero tournament in the second matchup I faced a Cyprien army with my Raelin, Krug, Kaemon, Q10 and Guilty. First round he sends Cyp over and rolls chilling touch, 19+2 from Sonya kills Rae instantly, Cyp then floats over to Kaemon, natural 20, kills Kae instantly. Second round Cyp floats over to Krug, another 19, puts the big K at 2 life and Cyp attacks, basically killing him instantly. I ask my opponent jokingly if his dice was loaded, it was an Ullar flagbearer d20 so obviously not but on his next turn I ask him to use mine for S&Gs, he obliges after floating over to Guilty and gets an 18 which was just excessive overkill on the cowboy. My Q10 was finally able to kill Cyp but didn't really matter much at that point, of course had Q10 not been a soulborg he'd have died to chilling touch as well I'm certain. I got destroyed by ridiculous luck at a 3.75% chance of that happening. Easily the worst defeat I've ever suffered. Still at least I didn't lose to any 8 year olds.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 19th, 2008, 12:11 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Still at least I didn't lose to any 8 year olds.

R~
Ouch, that hurt!!
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Mine was in a championship game where I rolled a 20 and lost Marcu for the turn. My opponent put him in molten lava, but he survived with a 20! Only to die the next turn at the hands of Q9, but still.

Old August 19th, 2008, 05:29 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Unfortunately I cannot post mine due to it would cause you to lose all respect for some of your favorite Scapers.
Old August 19th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Still at least I didn't lose to any 8 year olds.

R~
Ouch, that hurt!!
Don't feel too bad. My son that beat you is 9.
Old August 19th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Unfortunately I cannot post mine due to it would cause you to lose all respect for some of your favorite Scapers.
I have no shame...share away brother!

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 19th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My best moment involved Isamu. After a decent start where my AE and 2x Micro took out Raelin, my opponent sent over Q9 and his Stingers. His crew took down Cyprien and pretty much neutered my army relatively easily, and soon I just had Isamu.

Isamu proceeded to take out Q9, a squad of stingers and was doing some fancy maneuvering before his inevitable death at the hands of a d20.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con