Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 30th, 2007, 12:08 AM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Heroscape Videos: Episode Five Up.

There is a new episode up, but due to my camera disliking me, it's audio-only.

People have noted that it's hard to understand what I say, so I will get a text version up here soon.

Here is Episode Five.

~~~~
Alright, I've been told on several occasions (by truth and others over on YouTube) to make a thread here about my videos, and haven't due to wanting to remain somewhat annoymous. But, as I keep getting messages on my YouTube account to make more videos, and I figure that at least some of them come from users here, I thought this would be a good mass message.

(For those of you who haven't seen them, and are interested in doing so, I'll save you the trouble of searching. Here is the 1st, there are four, (which I like to think get better as you go, as I get used to doing it) These videos are mostly for newer players, so older players, or rule-whips, please, leave me alone about it.)

A lot has been going on these past few months, making it close to impossible for me to even play, let alone make videos. But, tonight marks my first game in months, so sometime in early 2008 (January, I believe!) I should have a few more to upload, even if it takes a month to upload them, being on dial-up now.

Thank you for the interest, I hope to be back in business soon!
^-^
~Neko

(I appologise if this is currently in the wrong forum, I thought General seemed like the best place for it. ^-^)

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old November 30th, 2007, 10:42 AM

tt612hs has disabled reputation
I remember seeing these a few months ago, they were very good and I hope you make more
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:08 AM

aerofool Woo who?
The little "tables" in the piza boxes are to keep the middle of the box from collapsing and crushing the pizza during delivery. Just so you know.

Ok, on to the videos themselves...
Great idea. Some of the things featured here are some good ideas. You may want to come here on the forums and toss a few ideas around before producing a video to make sure you can get the topic covered thoroughly. For example, on the waterfalls episode, I like to use strips of paper taped to the edge of the water tile to create an actual view obstruction which would do away with any house rules for overhangs.

Also, to make them more interesting to watch you need to do more than juist static shots with an occasional hand in there. Get a tripod and start the show off with a view of the narrator actually looking at the viewers. Then do some minor tape cuts to your close-ups, which are nice btw. It helps to see who you're listening to to help keep interest.

Great work so far!

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:16 PM

jaydog05 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
the pizza things r not so the box doesent crush the pizza its so the chess doesent stick to the box.
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Neko I love your videos there the best and the bunkers there so cool you know from ep.4 i made 1 huge 1 but i dont have a castle set so i just put only 2 1 hexes so i still had a window and it was still hard to hit me.
Old November 30th, 2007, 05:13 PM

Yeah, I've been told countless times now about the box, but as I cannot edit the video... *sigh* Thanks though. ^-^

aerofool: Thank you for the thoughts. ^-^ I wasn't originally going to do more than one video, so I didn't bother to be very thorough with the water fall one, and I think I got slighlty more thorough as I went.
Thank you also for the video tips, I'll keep them in mind. ^-^

Jay: Thank you, but really credit for the bunkers has to go to tmacdagreat, who originally posted the idea on this site.

Old November 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Dude I've been watching your videos and they are very good. I haven't ever seen you post before though. Anyways, please make more, if you don't mind, and it's nice to know another scaper!
Old November 30th, 2007, 05:33 PM

Yeah, you wouldn't have seen me post much, I posted a lot during late '06, and early '07, 'till about the summer, when I got very busy. ^-^

Old November 30th, 2007, 07:34 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker
you sound like a friend of mine. creeping i was iming her and watching you vidoe it was weird. but great work
Old December 1st, 2007, 01:19 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
Dude I've been watching your videos and they are very good. I haven't ever seen you post before though. Anyways, please make more, if you don't mind, and it's nice to know another scaper!

psssst...she's a girl not a dude
Old December 1st, 2007, 01:18 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
psst..."dude" is genderless on teh intarwebz!

Haha.

Cool videos! The "rough" feel to them would normally be seen as low quality, but the content of your videos is what is important. Because of that, I think the style gives them a personal, down-to-earth kind of feel. I like them a lot, and I sent them to my baby sister to watch (she's babysitting my collection until Christmas break, haha). Can't wait for another video!
Old December 1st, 2007, 01:34 PM

dude you have to keep up the good work on the videos there so good.and plz show us ur face on the videos.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion