Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2020, 08:44 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Release Schedule (Future Planning)

Here is a list I created a while ago about possible factions, and characters/monsters we might eventually want to make figures for:

Very Powerful
Good Valar Lords and Queens--Manwe, Varda, etc...
Evil Valar--Morgoth

Medium Powerful
Good Maiar--Osse, Uinen
Evil Maiar--Sauron, Balrogs
Istari--Gandalf, Saruman, Radagast, Alatar and Pallando

Great Spiders
Dragons
Werewolves
Nazgul
Great Eagles
Ents
Stone Giants
Huan (hound)

Main Races
Elves--Vanyar, Noldor, Teleri, Avari, and others
Dwarves

Men
Edain
Haladin
Numenoreans
Rohirrim
Dunedain
Black Numenoreans
Corsairs of Umbar
Dunlendings
Haradrim
Easterlings
Woses
Hobbits

Evil Humanoids
Trolls
Barrow wights
Wargs
Orcs + Uruk Hai
Goblins

Other
Goldberry, Tom Bombadil, Old Man Willow
Old June 2nd, 2020, 08:52 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In b4 Bill the Pony gets forgotten. Best character until he gets written out of the story
Old June 8th, 2020, 12:55 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Ok, here's my proposal:
We move Ugluk back into MS1 & add the squad of 'Uruk Scouts' to MS1. We just removed some figures, so there's some room. Then Lurtz (still in MS1) is just an 'addition' in the same way he was for the film.

Regarding abilities, I'd like to see Ugluk have some sort of movement boost for Uruks / orcs given how fast they ran across Rohan.
I notice we have both
Uruk-Hai (4)

and

Uruk-Hai Scouts (4)
What is the role of the former in comparison to the latter in terms of The Fellowship of the Ring? I have it in my head that we will do an Uruk Hai common squad for The Two Towers, but if we are doing it for the Master Set then we will need to do a draft sooner.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 8th, 2020, 01:25 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Ok, here's my proposal:
We move Ugluk back into MS1 & add the squad of 'Uruk Scouts' to MS1. We just removed some figures, so there's some room. Then Lurtz (still in MS1) is just an 'addition' in the same way he was for the film.

Regarding abilities, I'd like to see Ugluk have some sort of movement boost for Uruks / orcs given how fast they ran across Rohan.
I notice we have both
Uruk-Hai (4)

and

Uruk-Hai Scouts (4)
What is the role of the former in comparison to the latter in terms of The Fellowship of the Ring? I have it in my head that we will do an Uruk Hai common squad for The Two Towers, but if we are doing it for the Master Set then we will need to do a draft sooner.
"Uruk-Hai" can probably be moved.

I had it there before we had the notion of "Uruk-Hai Scouts" and haven't adjusted it yet.

I'll take another look at the individual sets and see how I can re-arrange it to move it to the "Rohan" expansion sets.
Old June 8th, 2020, 09:21 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could add the war drummer in.
Old June 8th, 2020, 10:02 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OP updated with those changes.

I don't love "Wave 2: Rohan" as-is becauase the 'Forces of Sauroman' pack has too much in it. I'm considering breaking Treebeard / Ents / Hurons into a new Large Expansion pack, but waiting til we finalize the squads & their sizes of Sauroman's forces before making that change.
Old June 8th, 2020, 10:46 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd support that, Treebeard is a personal favorite, I'd like the ent pack to feel special.
Old June 9th, 2020, 10:52 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For sure, we have to do some Justice to Treebeard. I'd like to see a really cool card for that guy, I've always liked the idea of moving a big forest figure like him around the board.
Old June 18th, 2020, 02:35 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My response is in red. Overall it's a mighty fine jumping off point.

Quote:
A thread to organize our plans to release these figures. This OP would be updated to include:
A) The name of a pack
B) It's intent (master set, large expansion, wave, etc.)
C) The names of each figure, linked to their working thread or final "Book of" thread.

Idea for sets:
Master Set 1: The Fellowship of the Ring
Gandalf
Aragorn
Legolas
Gimli
Boromir
Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippin
Elrond
Nazgul (no fell beast, Uncommon Hero)
Cave Troll
Orcs of Moria (4)
Orcs of Moria Archers (3)
Deep Drummer (Uncommon)
Orc of Moria Lieutenant (Uncommon)
Durin's Bane
Ugluk
Uruk-Hai Scouts (4)
Lurtz
(28 figures)

Other Then Uruk-Hai scouts (which I've already voiced my concern) I like it. It seems like a pretty unobjectionable pack

Wave 1: Path of the Fellowship

Pack 1: The Old Forest
Tom Bombadil
Goldberry
Barrow Wights [Unique Squad of 3]

I strongly feel these figures shouldn't take priority nor do I think we need to exactly follow the books chronically.

Pack 2: The Magic of Elves
Galadriel
Celeborn
Glorfindel
Cirdan
Haldir
Arwen

It I had it my way Arwen and Haldir wouldn't be a priority, but I'm probably in the minority. Gondor, Rohan, Isengard and Mordor are more important then these Elven Lords.

Pack 3: Riders & Orcs
Riders of Rohan (common squad, 3)
Orcs of Mordor (common squad, 4)

Looks good.

Pack 4: Heroes of the Wold
Legolas 2.0
Gimli 2.0
Eomer
Gandalf the White
Grishnakh

I don't like two versions of Legolas and Gimli. Maybe ditch Grishnakh?

Wave 2: Rohan

Pack 1: Invasion of Fanghorn
Sauroman
Treebeard
Ent (Uncommon)
Hurons (Common, 3)

Looks good.

Pack 2: Forces of Sauroman
Uruk-Hai Crossbowmen (3)
Dunlendings (3/4)
Uruk-Hai (4)

Looks good.

Pack 3: Defense of the Hornburg
Erkenbrand
Rohan Soldiers (Common, 3)
Rohan Archers (Common, 3)

Love me some Erkenbarnd.

Pack 4: Heroes of the Golden Hall
Theoden
Eowyn
Hama
Shadowfax
Grima Wormtonge

I'd nix Shadowfax, he's just a mount.

Wave 3: Gondor

Pack 1: The White Tree
Denathor
Beregond
Guards of the Citadel [Unique Squad, 4]

Switch Beregond for Ingold or Forlong, but I'd sooner hold off on the lot.

Pack 2: Men of Gondor
Soldiers of Minas Tirith
Knights of Dol Amroth

Looks good.

Pack 3: Archers of the Pelanor
Gondor Archers
Mordor Orc Archers

Looks good.

Pack 4: Heroes of the Pelanor Fields
Aragorn 2.0
Prince Imrahil
Witch King
Gothmog
Grimbold

Looks good.

Large Expansion 1: Beasts of the Pelanor Fields
Nazgul (Mounted on Fell Beast)
Oliphant
Olog-hai

Looks good.

Special Release: The Paths of the Dead

Pack 1: The Grey Company
Elladan
Elrohir
Halbarad
Rangers of the North [Unique Squad, 4]

Looks good.

Pack 2: The Tide Turns
Army of the Dead [common, 3/4]
Corsairs of Umbar [common, 3/4]

We can have a debate with what we want to do with the Army of the Dead when the time comes.

Wave 4: East of the Anduin

Pack 1: Travels Through Ithilien
Gollum
Faramir
Rangers of Gondor

Faramir should be a much higher priority.

Pack 2: Men of the South & East
Haradrim
Easterlings

Looks good.

Pack 3: The Black Gate Opens
The Mouth of Sauron
Gwarahir
Eagle [Uncommon Hero]

Looks good.

Pack 4: Heroes of Cirith Ungol
Shelob
Shagrat
Gorbag

Maybe ditch Shagrat and Gorbag? Either way there so far down the line that it doesn't matter at the moment.

Master Set 2: Journey to the Lonely Mountain
Bilbo
Thorin
Oin
Gloin
Dwalin
Balin
Bifur
Kili
Fili
Bofur
Dori
Bombur
Nori
Ori
Great Goblin
Wargs (Common Squad, 3)
Great Spider [Uncommon Hero]
Smaug
(20 figures)

I think we could come up with a better way then each Dwarf being a unique hero. It's kind of bloated, and they would be nigh on impossible to field all together.

Wave 6: The Battle of 5 Armies

Pack 1: Elves & Dwarves
Elves of Mirkwood (Common Squad, 3)
Dwarves of the Iron Hills (Common Squad, 4)

Looks good.

Pack 2: Men & Friend
Soldiers of Lake-town (Common Squad, 3)
Thrush

Is Thrush referring the the bird, or am I misremembering a character?

Pack 3: Untamed Beasts
Beorn
Bodyguard of Bolg (Unique Squad, 4)

Pack 4: Heroes of Long Lake
Thranduil
Dain
Bolg
Master of Lake-town

Change Master of Lake Town to Bard.
If my avatar and title didn't give it away my hearts in the legendarium. My I hope is that one day we are successful enough that I'll be able to play the entire Dagor Nirnaeth Arnoediad. Even if we finish everything Chris Perkins posted, we could still spend quite a bit of time "filling in the corners" as hobbits would say before we can even think of the legendarium.
Old June 18th, 2020, 08:30 AM

Thanks @infectedsloth for going through the whole list with feedback.

I made one change to the OP that was just a mistake initially:
- Switching Master of Lake-town to Bard (not sure how I missed that one initially)

A Quick answer:
- Yes, thrush was referring to the bird. I was envisioning it as a small, uncommon hero.

Higher level decisions / discussion points:
- As you mentioned, I had used 'Order of geographical progress' as my metric for creating the waves & packs. You seem more in favor of 'importance' than 'geographical progress' - would you interleave the two at all, or are just in favor of what we determine to be more important? What other metrics exist that we could use? This is probably the most relevant question for us to discuss first as a group.
- A fair amount of discussion on which secondary heroes from Gondor / Minas Morgul should be included. I didn't make changes here yet, but I agree that which heroes there get cards should be discussed more, probably after we finish with Master Set 1.
- I agree that having all 13 dwarves as unique heroes doesn't play great as a cohesive army. I'm not sure what the best solution there is at this point though so I'm leaving it as-is pending more discussion.
Old June 18th, 2020, 08:33 AM

I've already done personal work on the Dwarves as unique squads, was easy to list a "chunk" by name as they do come in chunks according to relation. It's how I memorized their names.
Old June 18th, 2020, 11:47 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of doing some of the 13 dwarves as unique squads and some as unique heroes.

For my part I think the order we work on things won't necessarily be the order we release them in. I'm sympathetic to doing "important" heroes sooner than we otherwise would, but I'm not sure I have an opinion yet either way.

A middle ground might be to do a "first pass" of important figures in order of geographical progress, and then go back to the beginning and do a second pass, maybe a third, etc

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs