Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old June 23rd, 2019, 11:25 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Recall - Pod 0 - Testing

That looks good to me.
Old June 26th, 2019, 04:12 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Recall - Pod 0 - Edit?

Now that we have a pro editor, do we want to send this editing just in case?

If we do, I vote Yes to Editing, preemptively.

@Astroking112; All Your Pie; capsocrates; Pumkin King; Necroblade;

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 26th, 2019, 04:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Question about these glyphs:

Why are they regular power glyphs? Because of the different coloration and pattern on the back, they can't be used as a random glyph in all applications that normal power glyphs can be used.

Additionally, in Heroscape so far, all different colors of Glyphs (red, yellow, and gold) act differently.

I wonder if these black glyphs could be area of effect glyphs. You wouldn't even have to change this glyph at all to make that happen.
Old June 26th, 2019, 06:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Question about these glyphs:

Why are they regular power glyphs? Because of the different coloration and pattern on the back, they can't be used as a random glyph in all applications that normal power glyphs can be used.

Additionally, in Heroscape so far, all different colors of Glyphs (red, yellow, and gold) act differently.

I wonder if these black glyphs could be area of effect glyphs. You wouldn't even have to change this glyph at all to make that happen.
I believe we wanted to allow the glyphs to be usable like the normal red glyphs for simplicity’s sake. While you can’t shuffle them in with Wannok or whatever, you can still shuffle them together for a respectable glyph pool. In theory, 5 out of 6 glyphs would probably be fine for a tournement anyway (attack obviously being the only OP one).

Now, for my own opinion... I’m okayish with AoE glyphs, but I’m not exactly rooting for the concept either. AoE glyphs would open up new mapping techniques, which is a bonus, but could make some glyphs unthematic or would need to be redone (like Healing). I wouldn’t count this as a hard “no” vote however.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 26th, 2019, 07:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

If you guys have decided to go a certain way, I'm obviously not going to try to stop you. Just for argument's sake, though, here's what the glyphs could look like if you this direction:

Aura Glyphs (this is a dumb name but this is all off the top of my head)

In general, these glyphs act like regular Glyphs, but their effect only applies to figures within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying the Aura Glyph.

Glyph of Power: All figures you control within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph add 1 to their Attack.

Glyph of Toughness: All figures you control within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph add 1 to their Defense.

Glyph of Movement: All figures you control who start their movement within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph add 2 to their Move.

Glyph of Healing: At the end of every round, choose a figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1, the figure receives one wound. If you roll a 2 or higher, remove a wound marker from the chosen figure's Army Card.

Glyph of Knowledge: At the beginning of every round, after rolling for initiative, you may choose an opponent's figure within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph. Look at any one random Order Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card.

Glyph of Recall: When a squad figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces of the figure occupying this glyph would receive one or more wounds, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, place that figure adjacent to the figure occupying this glyph to ignore any wounds.

Again, if you think this is dumb and they should just be treated like red glyphs, I completely understand. Just pointing it out since I thought of it earlier today.
Old June 26th, 2019, 10:04 PM
I could go

I don’t think it’s a dumb idea at all, and it certainly has merit. My personal opinion hasn’t been swayed to aura glyphs, but again I’m not going to drop a hard no to it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 27th, 2019, 07:34 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

The idea of making a new type of glyph rather than more Power Glyphs is certainly something to consider, and it's relevant to more than just this glyph. Let's continue the discussion over in Pod 0's Main Thread.
Old August 17th, 2019, 11:51 PM
I could go

Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Recall - Testing

During a couple of playtests of the C3V's Acolytes of Vsomething and the Birdskull Demon, we used the glyph of recall in conjuction with healing.

Notably, it was nice to get the squad figure back, but it wasn't a big deal in either game. Comically, the side that got the glyph ended up losing.

A question came into my head, but I didn't bother bringing it up though. If you recall a figure before activating all of a squad's figures could you activate the recalled figure?

Right now, I'm tempted to lean that we should not allow newly placed figures to move and or attack this turn a la Zombies of Morindan. Even if there are no rules issues with it, I'd like to keep this glyph down as a weaker bonus rather than a stronger one.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 18th, 2019, 10:40 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I agree (though I don't necessarily think it's too powerful the other way), since it triggers as soon as the figure lands on it. We could either add the bit about "not activating that figure this turn" or change the timing of the glyph, but I prefer the former since the latter would be a new timing for glyphs.

Also, just realized I'd love to play this glyph with the B-11s.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 18th, 2019, 11:14 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

If we wanted to make it very clear, then we could change the timing to be "after taking a turn with them" or "at the end of the round" or the like. I'm not a fan of this, though, because that adds more room for problematic interactions by changing the timing from other glyphs. If we want to stop the revived figure from being activated, I think that we should add some text to the power specifying so.
Old August 20th, 2019, 09:32 PM
I could go

Quote:
Temporary Glyph
Figures may only stop on this Glyph if there are any previously destroyed Squad figures. When one of your figures stops here, you must choose a previously destroyed Squad figure and place it adjacent to your figure. Newly placed figures cannot move or attack this turn. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.
Will this work, gentlemen?

P.S. I cribbed the wording from the zombies.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 20th, 2019, 10:23 PM

I have no qualms with that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs