Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 26th, 2012, 02:34 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Comedian ~~ Design Phase

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apathy

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nihilist?s=t

I think nihilist is the much better choice after some research. He's not devoid of emotion, he fits perfectly the philosophy section of nihilist.
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think Nihilist works better here. Nihilism is the sort of... active belief in nothingness. Apathy is more passive. Doctor Manhattan is apathetic - he doesn't care either way.

My problem with the third power is that frankly it just won't come into play often. He's already a great clean-up figure and nine times out of ten you'll just leave him in your start zone until you have to use him.
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:10 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
My problem with the third power is that frankly it just won't come into play often. He's already a great clean-up figure and nine times out of ten you'll just leave him in your start zone until you have to use him.
I'm perfectly fine with that. It adds the theme that I want in there, plus he has a huge target on his head, so it might come into play slightly more than anticipated. Testing will show.
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:12 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Nihilist .

Again with the 5 Life?? Buffy is a stretch but this guy is a no!

I agree with spidey that his attack should be only 4.

& I agree with Griff that the 3rd power is an unwarranted power & not clear as a theme.
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the theme of the third power and it comes across for me clearly, even before I read any of the comments here. So put me in the "yea" column on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think Nihilist works better here. Nihilism is the sort of... active belief in nothingness. Apathy is more passive. Doctor Manhattan is apathetic - he doesn't care either way.

Nihilist

I think if we drop his life to 4 - which definitely should happen - it'll make that power trigger more often.

I think if we don't have the third power here, he's basically just another version of Punisher, which doesn't get to the soul of the character. The Shotgun power and the Flame Thrower power by themselves don't do this guy justice, and I wouldn't vote to pass him without something else to really represent what he means to the Watchmen story (which, personally, I think the third power does well).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

4 life - yes (Beware of power creep)
Nihilist - yes
3rd power - yes

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 26th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Theme is sometimes very difficult to translate, and from each perspective, mechanics in the game represent different things from person to person or player to player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I'm just not understanding what's not to get. How would an initiative reduction be more thematic? What I have has Comedian's beliefs/philosophy and once he dies, someone else on his team understands also that nothing matters, and they lose the will to fight.
That explanation makes more sense to me now. Though it is up to you to decide if it is something that the design needs, or something that you just want. Either way, the writeup makes sense to me now, so I'd be up for playing with it.
Old July 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
...has moist legs

Like Bats said, without a thematic power, he feels like a watered down Punisher. In my opinion, at least, he needs a theme power to set him apart.
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Like Bats said, without a thematic power, he feels like a watered down Punisher. In my opinion, at least, he needs a theme power to set him apart.
I totally agree, but the theme behind It's All A Joke is lost on me. I mean he thinks it a joke, dies, & one of your heroes rolls 1 less attack & defense . I don't get it.
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:40 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Here's my question: In the comic or movie, do you really feel he is able to pass this belief on? IMO, no. He dies suddenly and without interaction with the other characters, except in flashbacks. If anything, his death motivates Rorschach to get involved. I lie the idea of capturing his nihilism (which I totally agree with!) but I am not sure this is the best way to go about it. I think making him suffer as his friends die around him makes more sense.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:41 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
I totally agree, but the theme behind It's All A Joke is lost on me. I mean he thinks it a joke, dies, & one of your heroes rolls 1 less attack & defense . I don't get it.
I just explained it to Griff a few posts up.
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:43 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Here's my question: In the comic or movie, do you really feel he is able to pass this belief on? IMO, no. He dies suddenly and without interaction with the other characters, except in flashbacks. If anything, his death motivates Rorschach to get involved. I lie the idea of capturing his nihilism (which I totally agree with!) but I am not sure this is the best way to go about it. I think making him suffer as his friends die around him makes more sense.
Are you talking about the Minutemen? There's no indication that he cared at all when they started disbanding/dying. He broke apart when he uncovered the conspiracy and realized that everything was pointless. Once he died, and at the end of the story, Nite Owl understands what Blake was getting at when he said it's all a joke.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library