Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 26th, 2012, 12:26 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
The Book of Nite Owl

The Book of Nite Owl

C3G DC WAVE 18
CULTURE CLASH

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Watchmen Crimebusters Fast Forces set.
ts model number and name are #003 / Nite Owl.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Watchmen Collector Set set.
ts model number and name are #003 / Nite Owl.
Character Bio - Daniel Dreiberg was fascinated by birds, and especially the predatory owl. When the superhero team known as the Minutemen were active, Dan saw one member, Hollis Mason, the Nite Owl, as his personal hero. Eventually he was taught by Mason, and when Mason retired, he took over the cowl becoming the new Nite Owl. He teamed up many times with fellow hero Rorschach, up until Nixon passed the Keene Act, which outlawed costumed vigilantes. Dan then gave up the cowl, even though it embittered his and Rorschach's friendship.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Nite Owl may take a turn after any other Vigilante Hero you control, with his Vigilante Team-Up special power. Current Vigilantes.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
BenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; July 25th, 2022 at 12:02 AM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:26 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nite Owl ~~ Design Phase

NAME = NITE OWL
SECRET IDENTITY = DANIEL DREIBERG

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 130

VIGILANTE TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Vigilante card you control and taking a turn with that Vigilante, you may take an immediate turn with Nite Owl. During this turn, Nite Owl can only attack figures engaged with that Vigilante and adds 1 additional attack die against an adjacent figure. After using this special power, you may not take a turn with any other figures.

OWL VISION
When Nite Owl attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile or adjacent to a Jungle Piece, the defending figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile or Jungle Piece.

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 2nd, 2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:35 AM
...has moist legs

Mini wise, we have three choices (Excluding his snow gear mini)

http://trollandtoad.com/p299929.html

http://trollandtoad.com/p299908.html

http://trollandtoad.com/p299926.html

I have the two double figures, and they both look fairly decent. His head is tiny which is the main problem, but all of them have it, so...

Old July 26th, 2012, 12:50 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I really think he should have a Drop Power like the Airborne Elite, its really iconic. I'd lose the Vigilante Team-up. I know the movie made it seem he does, but the comics don't. I also think he needs Ruthless Counterstrike or maybe Martial Artist?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:54 AM
...has moist legs

He teams up all the same times in the comics as he does in the movie. The film didn't add anything, and I'm pretty sure there was even more teaming up in the comic. He basically has never worked alone. First he worked with Rorschach, and did one mission with Comedian. And then in the span of the actual comic he worked with Rorschach again and then Silk Spectre as his partner then lover. I think it's thematic.
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:25 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

He only teamed with Rorschach though, except at the end. I would argue that Silk Spectre should be an Adventurer over a Vigilante so there is that too. He and Comedian are just in the same place at the same time, they weren't partners. Not like Comedian and Dr. Manhattan were during Vietnam War anyway. But I digress.

While the Grapple gun seems likely, I recall Rorschach actually using one more than Niteowl. Maybe copy [redacted] from [redacted] instead of Grapple Gun.

I love the Owl Vision power though! Stats seem great too!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 10th, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:35 AM
...has moist legs

Nite Owl built Rorscach's grapple gun, so I carried it over here, too. Griff suggested the Glide power, but I don't remember him ever actually gliding, while we know he has the grapple tech.

Silk Spectre is just the same as Nite Owl and Rorschach. She never "adventured," just fought crime and killed bad guys like the other guys.

A drop power could work. I've just never been a fan of drop powers, I dunno, hah!
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:23 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I have only seen the movie so I can't comment too much of the character & therefore cannot categorically say that Vigilante Team-Up isn't a good fit but from the movie I got the same feeling as what Spidey is saying that he really only teamed up with Rorshcach & was more a tag-along with the others. And that some sort of Drop power might be appropriate also.

Again Human life = 4.
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Agreed with Human Life 4.

I'd actually prefer avoiding a Drop power here as well. As I recall, he rode in the Owl a lot, but he didn't often "drop" from it, whereas he rarely worked completely solo in the book or the movie.

Silk Spectre as a Vigilante makes a lot of sense to me. She's too dark and edgy to be a fun-loving Adventurer.

Vigilante Team Up has mechanical interpretation issues, though, IMO:

VIGILANTE TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and attacking a figure with Nite Owl, you may attack the same figure with any other Vigilante you control, rolling 1 additional attack die.

What happens with before attacking, while attacking, and after attacking powers on the second Vigilante's card? What triggers and what doesn't? I've fought against powers like this that isolate a bonding figure's attack phase in the past because they're setting us up for a nightmarish level of FAQs.

I'd rather see something more like this:

VIGILANTE TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Nite Owl, you may take a turn with another Vigilante you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Nite Owl. The second Vigilante may only attack a figure engaged with Nite Owl during this turn.

Or something along those lines.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old July 26th, 2012, 11:45 AM
...has moist legs

I didn't want it to be straight up bonding, even with the attack restriction. That said my wording was off, must have copied from the wrong place.

VIGILANTE TEAM-UP

After revealing an Order Marker on this card and attacking a figure with Nite Owl, you may attack the same figure with a single normal attack with any other Vigilante you control who is adjacent to the attacked figure, rolling 1 additional attack die.

Is that a little clearer (Aside from being a run on sentence ). It basically gives Nite Owl 2 attacks, except one of the attacks comes from someone else. Wanted to add the single line in there to prevent Punisher from killing everything.
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
VIGILANTE TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and attacking a figure with Nite Owl, you may attack the same figure with a single normal attack with any other Vigilante you control who is adjacent to the attacked figure, rolling 1 additional attack die.

Is that a little clearer (Aside from being a run on sentence ). It basically gives Nite Owl 2 attacks, except one of the attacks comes from someone else. Wanted to add the single line in there to prevent Punisher from killing everything.
My issue wasn't a clarity issue, it was an FAQ/mechanics issue based on before attacking/while attacking/after attacking powers on other Vigilante cards. Does that make sense?

I'd rather see straight up bonding that specifically prevents that figure from moving or attacking non-adjacent figures.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old July 26th, 2012, 11:55 AM
...has moist legs

You did it with [redacted].

Would we have problems with changing it to bonding with Robin, then? Who takes the turn first, etc?

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 10th, 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library