Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 15th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Sorry.........................

Anyways, I have played the Hulks a couple more time. They may not have great survivability, and their Rise Again power may not work well when large/huge figures don't come into play. But I don't think that they deserve their rank because they are not as worth as much as another squad of zombies. They can deal the damage necessary to bring down heroes that zombies can't bring down with out losing the height that is difficult for them to get in the first place. Their bonding does have its setback, but a clever player can usually play intelligently enough to make it so that you don't get screwed. They may be B+ worthy, although some more playing is necessary to make sure that is certain. They fill a different niche than the ZoM, one that complements the ZoM's playstyle.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old October 20th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
If anyone else has results from the C3V/SoV figures in a competitive setting, I'd like to see them. The only other use I'm familiar with is the Zombie Hulks that were used in the Michigan Monster Mash event, but they were played as pseudo-commons with full bonding, so I can't really count those results.
Did anyone play this last weekend for NHSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 20th, 2011, 06:55 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We played a bunch of C3V stuff at our last game day. It was supposed to be a tournament but it devolved into a regular game day.

I played the following army:

Omegacron 180
3x Repulsors 300
Cyprien 450
Sonya 495

Not enough games/competitive enough of an atmosphere to really say anything, but Omegacron with a mobile screen is pretty decent. Nothing to throw a parade over, but it's a solid B, maybe B+ if played well.

Other people played Omegacron with 1 squad of snipers and a mess of repulsors. There was decent success with that. The player with that army said they really liked having only 1 squad of Snipers, as he thought more would be overkill when you've got a screen.

Varkaans also did well, but not overly. They're good against melee but expensive against range. And range is good against melee and even with range, so you I don't know how competitive the Varkaans can be.

If I'd like to see any of the C3V units really explored competitively, it's definitely Omegacron. He has the most potential.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old November 6th, 2011, 03:27 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yesterday I went to the Portland NHDS and brought the 4x mariedians and 2x of each wyrmling plus otonashi. Another guy brought omegacron with 2x snipers 3x repulsors and filler. It was a doubled edged sword format so a lot of the units were B rated with a little bit of A units. I went 5-2 and beat my army twice and lost to it twice. The omegacron army did well I think but I didn't watch his games that much. I think the mariedians are good were they are and are a solid B unit.
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:07 AM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

Nice list. I definitely have to put myself in the group that hasn't figured out how to use the Gnids.

Their greatest flexibility comes with the Marro Hive in play - and that isn't that often.

Without the Hive, they are simply a 4-squad two-attack melee unit. I'd rather spend the 50 points on another Divider or Drone squad.

(I wonder what the probability of kills is for four attacks of two dice vs three attacks of three)

As well, given that you have to have a successful attack AND then kill one of them to make cling work (which means you take engagement away), I just don't see them as a B+ unit.

In fact, I'd rank 'em a C

The future of scape is players like us who support a community like this - with new maps, scenarios and events. Playing scape. Not buying scape...

Quick-Set-Up Map Thread The Principles of War
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:45 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Trust me, the Gnids are definately a "B" unit. You have to swarm with them even without the hive, they get thier points worth...maybe not with kills per se...but making that much easier to for the rest of the Army to kill figures that have been *infected*.
Yes you may lose the engagement when you cling, but your oppnent loses Defense and Movement...and the loss of both makes the Gnids very formidable in every game I've played with them.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 21st, 2011, 10:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Does Van Nessing justify an increase of the Werewolf Lord to a rank of B? Drafting both of these heroes is a 245 point investment (with decent stats, if not limited attacks), but it bestows a 50% chance of your WL OM's getting a free turn with Van Nessing. Of course, the flip side is that your WL-wielding opponent could also get a turn with Van Nessing, but having 2 opponents with Werewolves seems a bit rare in the competitive scene.
KC's results clinched it; I bumped the WL to a B. I even considered B+ but B still feels right for now. (If you can beat Robber's 10th, I'll take it to B+. )

I've also added the Zettian Infantry, although the book probably won't go up until we have the new card from the C3V art department. I was pretty aggressive in their initial placement - I put them at B+ and bumped their bonding heroes to B. I think most of the SoV judges would have gone a notch or two lower on both counts. We'll see how they do when they get played at events.

Last edited by dok; December 21st, 2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Well... 7k isn't a B.
Old February 1st, 2012, 05:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Tyrian added.
Old February 12th, 2012, 01:08 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Of the official figures I think Cyprien value has dropped by a pretty good amount in the era of fan scape. With both the Zettian Infantry and Omegacron allowing more viable soulborg army cores it makes it that much harder for me to take Cyprien to a tournament. If you are going to a tournament that allows C3V-SoV there is a heightened chance of facing one of those builds, because people will obviously want to try out the new units. I also assume Vulcanmech Incendiborgs are soulborgs which will also hurt Cyprien worth. I'm not sure if all that justify a drop in grade, I'm just saying that I would not even think of bringing Cyprien to a tournament were C3V and SoV are allowed, just to risky. In reality time will only tell how the new units affect the meta game and it's affect on official figures.

Last edited by infectedsloth; February 12th, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old April 1st, 2012, 12:16 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played a team drafting tournament yesterday and had a good experience just using Nicholas by himself as an assassin. I made several mistakes with him in one of the two games I played. Instead of attacking Q9 I attacked a 2 life Marro Hive which could have been taken out by my teammate. Eventually Nicholas died and my mezzodemons got killed by Q9.

In my other game he took out a ton of Aubrien Archers and a 3 wyrmlings earning his points easily. At the end of the game he was still at full life. He is definitely worth his points just by himself without the Thralls.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:13 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Zettian Infantry ... I put them at B+ and bumped their bonding heroes to B. I think most of the SoV judges would have gone a notch or two lower on both counts.
I tried out Zettian Infantry along with DW8K, DW9K, and Warden this weekend vs. a dwarf/M-43 army. While the ZI definitely give a boost to the DW heroes, I found the M-43 thinned their ranks out enough while the Axegrinders advanced to knock out the DW's. I'd definitely rank the M-43 above the ZI.
Old May 10th, 2012, 02:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Shouldn't this be stickied?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs