Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old September 27th, 2018, 12:47 PM

Jamminguitar Woo who?
Re: HeroSpace Project Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I've got a good sized collection of X-Wing Miniatures ships, so I'm interested!

However, I can't help but feel that this might end up being less interesting than normal Heroscape since there is no height advantage. That one simple rule is a major, major part of Heroscape strategy. Imagine drafting Heroscape armies and playing on a large empty grass field with no height. Boring!

So I think we'd need to come up with some way to add strategic depth to the game.

How did you handle LOS? A ship can shoot anywhere 360 degrees like we do in Heroscape?
I think Bats hit on something really cool with the idea of higher move/lower range than your normal HS figure. If it's not too complicated having them only be able to shoot in front of them would be cool. It would add a lot of strategy in flanking and things like that, especially if turning around was harder than just rotating the mini.
That's a very interesting idea! I'm probably going to use that "only shooting from front" mechanic when I can finally play, and probably for now at least make you able to turn 60 degrees(look one 6-sided tile to the left) for every hex you move up. In addition, I'm gonna try a low-to-the-ground dogfight for my game where the fighters can go low to the ground and fly through canyons and such to fight, but the bigger ships wouldn't be able to be used. Then when it's on a flat map with just debris to block LOS, I would bring back the star destroyers and have probably a single ship resemble a whole squadron to make an excuse for why the ships are larger than a whole destroyer boi
Old September 27th, 2018, 12:59 PM

Jamminguitar Woo who?

Lol I just thought of how aggravating it might be to only shoot forwards, so probably it'll be able to shoot a range of forward that many spaces, a side to the left its range, and a side to the right its range, and everything between those extremes. Ships like the Falcon and the Star Destroyer would probably have range in almost if not all sides of it, and maybe the corvettes could be able to shoot everywhere except for the front as it has side cannons and can shoot behind itself in A New Hope. One final note, I'm probably going to make every ship a double-base Heroscape figure equivalent except for the large cruisers, which would take up three spaces in a straight line. That's for both scale and adjusting for how large my ships are
I THINK that's everything now!
Old September 27th, 2018, 01:56 PM

WatchmanWatcher is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamminguitar View Post
Lol I just thought of how aggravating it might be to only shoot forwards, so probably it'll be able to shoot a range of forward that many spaces, a side to the left its range, and a side to the right its range, and everything between those extremes. Ships like the Falcon and the Star Destroyer would probably have range in almost if not all sides of it, and maybe the corvettes could be able to shoot everywhere except for the front as it has side cannons and can shoot behind itself in A New Hope. One final note, I'm probably going to make every ship a double-base Heroscape figure equivalent except for the large cruisers, which would take up three spaces in a straight line. That's for both scale and adjusting for how large my ships are
I THINK that's everything now!
I'm just playing heroscape normally, except for height. The reason height doesn't matter in this game is because of how little sense it makes when direction is relative in space. It may as well be whoever is closest to the north!
Old September 27th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If you really wanted to mess with height you would need adjustable flight bases.
Old September 27th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the idea of ships in space having extreme height advantage over units on the planet.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 27th, 2018, 08:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am not sure how easy it would be to focus on a ground level target from space.
From orbit, maybe not too bad, but zinging around in space, maybe more difficult.
Not really solid on the physics but I feel like there are a lot of moving parts moving at extremely high speeds and attacking at extreme distances.

Interacting space and planetary figures could be a hurdle.
My mind races to the original Battlestar Galatica where they encounter a planet based ray gun. It was not easy for the gun to hit the Galatica and impossible for the Galatica to attack the ray gun.
Old September 27th, 2018, 08:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, maybe having a middle "orbit" area of the map is the way to go.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 28th, 2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, maybe having a middle "orbit" area of the map is the way to go.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe orbit if is you're adjacent to the planet?
Old September 28th, 2018, 11:57 AM

Probably depends on the map size. I think the idea would be to have a map with lighter midnight bluish colored spaces for "orbit" so you could potentially go two/three spaces out.

I might be overthinking it, though. Adjacent to the planet might be sufficient.

Definitely the rules would have to be that planetary figures and figures in orbit couldn't be engaged, though.

Old October 2nd, 2018, 12:13 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Ship facing might be the strategic hook we need. Suppose a ship, when moving into a new hex, must maintain the same facing as the last movement direction it made. Once it stops moving and prepares to attack, it can only attack in the forward 180° of its field of view; no flipping around like normal Heroscape. This maintains some flavor of space based ship maneuvering while not making it too complicated. Combine this with Batman's idea for large move, low range and I think we might have a game!
Old October 3rd, 2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Ship facing might be the strategic hook we need. Suppose a ship, when moving into a new hex, must maintain the same facing as the last movement direction it made. Once it stops moving and prepares to attack, it can only attack in the forward 180° of its field of view; no flipping around like normal Heroscape. This maintains some flavor of space based ship maneuvering while not making it too complicated. Combine this with Batman's idea for large move, low range and I think we might have a game!
I think that fighters should be able to ignore this restriction though
Old October 4th, 2018, 03:09 PM

Interesting call. I like the idea of faster, less powerful, more maneuverable ships. Good idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum