Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old August 29th, 2006, 06:02 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
From the Mouth of Jormi - August 28th Scaping

Well we had 5 Scapers on Monday: my dad, Slade from St. Paul, Luke, Rali and I. My first game was played against Rali on Forsaken Waters while my dad played a game vs. Slade on Wolf Swamp Road, because Luke had yet to arrive. We were practicing for the Tree Town Open, so the maps had been modified some. Forsaken Water and the Meat Grinder had a few extra tiles added to the deployment zones and there were trees on all the maps with the Tree Town Tree Defense rule in effect (any figure adjacent to a tree may roll one additional defense die when being attacked by a non adjacent figure).

My army was:
3x Roman Legionnaires
1x Marcus
1x Me Burq Sa
1x Ne Gok Sa
1x Krav Maga

Rali’s army was:
1x Spartacus
1x Crixus
1x Retarius
1x Me Burq Sa
1x Marro Warriors

I advanced with Me Burq Sa, Romans and the Krav, The Krav had two order markers on them though, and went straight to work laying the wounds down with a massive attack they were able to remove the opposing Me Burq Sa. Matt advanced had advanced with his Me Burq Sa and Marro Warriors. My Krav were able to take the Glyph of Ravening and Astrid on the first round. Unfortunately the Ravening was pretty useless since he didn’t have any flyers.

The second round saw another advance with MBS and the Romans, but again two of the markers went to the Krav, who were able to start tearing apart the Marro Warriors, as the Marro brought the assault to the Krav. One of my Krav was out of the firefight for this round, as she sat on the Glyph of Astrid to give my Krav the boost. Things were looking real tough for Rali with my Krav on height with the Glyph of Astrid. 5 attack with a range of 7 isn’t pretty.

During the third round I kept with my same strategy and started putting the hurt on the gladiators, although I had to move my Krav off of their high position to do it, and I put Me Burq Sa into a rather vulnerable position and he was killed because of it. He sent Crixis over to take out MBS while sending Retarius over to take out my female agent on the glyph.

Round four saw the destruction of Crixis and retarius was picked off just before he could make it to my poor female Krav agent.

This left just the clean up of Spartacus for the 5th round, which occurred without a hitch.

Looking back on the match, the keys to my victory were some lopsided dice rolls at the very beginning and being able to take and hold the Glyph of Astrid. I also think that Spartacus, although wielding high cool factor is not justified with a point cost of 200. I think this may be alleviated at some point with the advent of a gladiator squad that could bond or something, or maybe just some more gladiator heroes.

Luke showed up at about the time Rali and I finished our game, and my dad and Charles were still only about halfway through, so we decided to play a three person battle on the castle map. Luke chose to defend the castle while Rali and I sieged it. We all brought 490 point armies. I just kept the same army that I played previously, as I didn’t feel like picking out anything new at the time, and since Luke was going to defend with the same amount of points as what we were each attacking with, I felt that an army not especially suited to sieging a castle would help level the field a bit.

Luke’s Army was:
1x Major Q9
1x Raelin
2x Knights
1x Sir Hawthorne

Rali’s Army was:
2x Sentinels
1x Concan
1x Krug
1x Aubrien Archers

During the first few rounds I used my Krav to take the Glyph of Valda and to start taking shots at the folks on the ramparts, but between Raelin’s Aura and the double height their armor was impenetrable. I also advanced my Romans down the road to the door while Me Burq Sa would attempt a paralyzing stare on someone on the ramparts. If successful, he would bypass their mega defense and take them out. If he was not successful, he would shoot at the door and hopefully get one or two wounds if really lucky. This was going to take a while.

At this time Rali was advancing Krug towards the door and his sentinels with Concan to the ramparts. Krug was unable to damage the door with his measly two attack, so my Romans decided to help a troll out and attacked him a couple of times to give him a few wounds and to spur his attack. After this, the door took a lot of wounds.

On the ramparts, Q-9 was issuing forth a spattering of bullets from his queglix gun, felling Romans and eventually Krug as well. At one point he decided to move some of his knights, so he bonded with Hawthorne and moved him only to be stabbed in the back and give us an infiltrator into the castle. Luke gave Rali control of Hawthorne and moved his knights into engagement.

During the final rounds the sentinels along with Hawthornes started whittling away on the defenders of the ramparts and Me Burq Sa was able to destroy the castle door, which opened the flood gates for the Romans and Krav to storm the castle. Eventually all but one knight and Q9 were all that were left, but Q9 still would not go down, and took out all but one sentinel and countless Romans. Finally fate caught up to him and he was felled by a Roman and on the next turn the remaining sentinel was able to pull down the flag to win the game.

It was a very good game, and ended up being fairly evenly matched despite the points disadvantage. Between the castle and a good defensive army, it was very hard to take the castle.

My final game was vs. Luke on the Meatgrinder. Luke and I both played the same armies.

The game was another pretty quick one with a lot of carnage. I got a lucky shot with Me Burq Sa on Q9 where I rolled 3 skulls and Luke blanked with his 7 + 2 defense dice for Raelin. That pretty much spelled doom for his army, as Q9 fell shortly after that. Luke did however destroy many of my units before finally succumbing to the Roman swarm.

It would be a lot of fun to try this match again, as I think that Luke chose a very strong army that under most circumstances would be very tough to beat. I also held the Glyph of Dagmar for most of the game which led to a few sucker punches due to the winning of initiative.

As always it was a very fun night. I am loving this game more than ever, and am looking forward to another Heroscape night on Monday 11. I know Slade is planning on coming again. I wish I would have got a game in with him, so maybe next time we can work it out, but I am glad he got a couple of games in with my dad and seemed to have a lot of fun as well.
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:28 AM

Slade has disabled reputation
Battle reports

I still cannot summarize how much fun it was to be sitting there fighting Codeman and hearing the eternal, fearful groan when the Hawthorne switched sides from inside the gates. Way to go Hawthorne!

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:07 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battle reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
I still cannot summarize how much fun it was to be sitting there fighting Codeman and hearing the eternal, fearful groan when the Hawthorne switched sides from inside the gates. Way to go Hawthorne!
Yeah, it was pretty funny. He definitely made our lives easier in doing so.
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:21 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks again Jormi_boced for hosting Monday Night Game Night at your house (especially when HS is the event of the night). I had a good time as well as I assume everyone did. When you have HS featured on your game night I will be up ( when the snow starts to fly I may have to miss a few ) it is well worth the drive for 3 or 4 hours of doing battle.

Thanks again.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Thanks again Jormi_boced for hosting Monday Night Game Night at your house (especially when HS is the event of the night). I had a good time as well as I assume everyone did. When you have HS featured on your game night I will be up ( when the snow starts to fly I may have to miss a few ) it is well worth the drive for 3 or 4 hours of doing battle.

Thanks again.
I am thinking we will be doing this again on Monday the 11th.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports