Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Christian 164 62.12%
Muslim 2 0.76%
Buddhist 3 1.14%
Hinduist 1 0.38%
Jewish 8 3.03%
Pagan 5 1.89%
Agnostic 25 9.47%
Atheist 28 10.61%
Other (please do tell) 23 8.71%
Super Atheist 5 1.89%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 19th, 2007, 09:32 AM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
What is your religion?

I think the search function is gone, so I couldn't find the other topic if there was one. Anyway, I'll bring it up again. I'm really curious to find out what others religious persuasions are (if any). I know there are a few hardcore Christians (not necessarily here) that condemn board games and such, as if they are evil incarnations of the devil himself (things like Dungeons and Dragons, and Pokemon come to mind first). I know most Christians aren't like that, but it just came to mind.

Anyway, I'm an atheist myself. I find all religions to be inherently silly, and I like to promote rational thought and education wherever I can. I'm young now (just turned 19), but I plan to get more involved in my atheism later. I've already studied up on religion, and probably know more about the Bible than most people who call themselves Christian do.

So anyway, I don't mean for this to turn into a flame war, but I'm sure people will get offended. My wish it to bring religion out of the taboo, and to let people talk about it. By doing so I hope we can get rid of all the violence and hate religion causes.
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
I don't think this is going to last long.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:37 AM

GIR has disabled reputation
I don't think this thread is appropiate.

Whatever, I'm other, Hindatholic.

I like waffles!
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Oh, please do be careful with this thread. This can be some very dangerous water to tread in.

Oh and by the way, I am a Taoic Agnostic Gnosticist,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:47 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Thread should be ok, as long as no one comments (good or bad) toward some one elses answer...

I guess I just believe what I believe.. a little of everything...
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Draconius,

I agree I just think it might be a bit much ask for this not to get .... testy.

Bannister

PS Atheist / Pastafarian

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:07 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Christian, but, theological contradictions be darned, devote pastafarian as well.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:08 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
Re: What is your religion?

Personally, I'm a Protestent Christian Nondenominational (I think I just denominated myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
I'm an atheist myself.
I don't hate or dislike you for your choice. Actually, I can understand why you've choosen your path in life. I can see where many ideas in the bible might have come from world misunderstanding and exageration. But I still have my faith in something more. I do believe in the universe being billions of years old, evolution, and a higher power directing it all. I haven't yet meet a true athiest (one who identifies himself as one). I am curious as to how you came to your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
I like to promote rational thought wherever I can. I'm young now, but I plan to get more involved in my atheism later.
My understanding is that atheism is the belief that religion isn't real, and there is nothing after death. I'm not sure how you can get more involved. Maybe I missed something. Please explain. I am truly curious and not out to condemn you in any way.

Also, don't try to convert me into atheism, and I won't try to convert you. Only a shared discussion about beliefs. Deal?

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Bach has disabled reputation
I'm buddhist, and I love the shaolin monks! It's awesome how they included my religion in heroscape!

I'm actually a Christian.

Edit: I added the letter "a" to make that statement make sense. Sorry for not being perfect, markwars.

Bach is Marcus... and has been paralyzed by the minions of Ne-gok-sa in the SIENNA CAVE...
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You need to edit your poll. Christian is not a religion....Christianity is. The same goes for Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Agnosticism, Atheism, and Paganism. And also, there is no such thing as a "Hinduist". I would suggest you check out a site like this...

http://www.omsakthi.org/religions.html

Whether you have religious beliefs of not you should educate yourself on the subject.

Old July 19th, 2007, 10:15 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I'll play.

I'm a Christian/Agnostic. Basically I'm all for the idea of a God. I just don't trust that the Bible is really the divine Word of God. I can so easily see it as a culmination of myths and legends that were somehow sanctified by men for whatever reasons they might have had. I can also see it as a way of fooling the masses into accepting the oppression they were suffering then by believing there was eternal bliss afterwards.

I vacillate between believing in an intelligent, caring God and not believing. There are times when I truly believe I feel His presence, or see His influence on my life or on the lives of others. Then there are times when my intellect rails against the concept.
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:16 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
markwars, grammartarian.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General