Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 17th, 2020, 02:20 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest)

Also, once the Glyphs of infinity are equipped to the Gauntlet, the Gauntlet gains their special powers, and the Glyph of Infinity is destroyed, so whoever picks up his Gauntlet, post-snap when he can't re-equip it, gains all the powers of the gems.
Old January 17th, 2020, 02:23 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Huh, weird. We had a discussion about negating Batman a few weeks back and we determined that illegal game states make you immediately revert to legal, and Event Heroes can't hold glyphs so they would be dropped. I'll have to bring this back into the sanctum and look at it. I've been working on a design that allows negation, so we'd have to figure it out soon anyway.

I wasn't around for this guy being made, so I'm not sure how he was tested.
Interesting, I may have missed some discussion, but last I checked on that, I believe the consensus was that Batman being negated would cause him to lose all his equipment glyphs at once after he is wounded, and afterwhich, he may only equip one at a time.
Old January 17th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

That was my understanding as well, Toy.
Old January 17th, 2020, 02:28 PM
Casing the Corners

It was in this thread, a few pages back.

And I'm so sorry for double, if not triple posting. It seems like when I edit my posts, responses are usually for the way it was originally written. Probably due to whatever notification app many are using for this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Normally when a figure gets hit, they drop the Glyph they’re holding. So I think it makes sense for him to drop all 3 when wounded. That would be my interpretation of it sticking as close as possible to the current rules at least.
Old January 17th, 2020, 08:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

No worries on the multiple posts at least here in C3G land.
I actually prefer it as I will often miss an Edit if it occurs while I am looking at the original post.
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My record is probably like six in a row .... but, I mean, you've all seen my post count.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 29th, 2020, 08:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Huh, weird. We had a discussion about negating Batman a few weeks back and we determined that illegal game states make you immediately revert to legal, and Event Heroes can't hold glyphs so they would be dropped. I'll have to bring this back into the sanctum and look at it. I've been working on a design that allows negation, so we'd have to figure it out soon anyway.

I wasn't around for this guy being made, so I'm not sure how he was tested.
Interesting, I may have missed some discussion, but last I checked on that, I believe the consensus was that Batman being negated would cause him to lose all his equipment glyphs at once after he is wounded, and afterwhich, he may only equip one at a time.
As a heads up - we've officially updated the Equipment Glyph rules, and this is now the case - there's no longer anything specific in the rules about who can and can't be equipped with glyphs, so when Thanos uses his Snap, there's no "illegal game state" or anything to worry about. He'll drop the Gauntlet if wounded, and won't be able to pick it up, but is fine until that point.
Old December 1st, 2020, 08:47 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My group is planning on playing a Thanos Infinity Gauntlet scenario soon. I’d like to run our ideas by you all to get some feedback/suggestions/edits before we dive into the game.

The plan is to play a 3 v 1 game, or really a 3 v 2 game where the Thanos player(probably me) will also run a 2nd team and have a second set of order markers.

The 3 opponent players would field teams of 450 points. Thanos would be a team of 1 at 1200 points and he would have a partner team of somewhere between 300 and 450 points.

The turns would be 9 to 6 per round, so what we thought we would try to do would be to allow Thanos and his other army to use the x-markers as another turn that they could use at the end of a turn(but not both in the same turn). So a round would look something like this:

Turn 1: Team 1 - Thanos - Team 2 - Thanos Army - Team 3 - X-Marker Thanos Turn
Turn 2: Team 1 - Thanos - Team 2 - Thanos Army - Team 3
Turn 3: Team 1 - Thanos - Team 2 - Thanos Army - Team 3 - X-Marker Thanos Army Turn

So now its 9 turns to 8 each round. The issue would be X-marker powers, so a work around would be not draft those figures.

Please let know if you see some holes in our plan or if you think we need to adjust the point values of the teams.

Also. if you are playing against Thanos, would a viable strategy be to bring a figure like Moonknight, have him grab a gem and leave the board for most of the game to stop Thanos from acquiring all the gems? Should we have a rule in place to stop it?

Thanks in advance for an advice you may have to offer.
Old December 1st, 2020, 10:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Tagging @Lazy Orang since she has the most play experience here, I think. I haven't gotten a chance to play him yet myself.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 1st, 2020, 11:04 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Having a figure grab a gem a leave the board seems like a cheesy way to play since in the game Thanos has no way to get it, but in the comics he could easily find them.

I like the rest of what you have going on there.
Old December 1st, 2020, 07:06 PM
Casing the Corners

How did you arrive at the decision of 450? If it's a matter of being limited in the number of figures/cards available, I'd proxy in that case.

Thanos is 1200, so why not three teams of 600 vs Thanos + one team of 600? Or three 400pt armies vs Thanos?
I can almost guarantee that will result in a more fun, fair and balanced game.
Here's a link to the 600pt Draft Cards. Scrolling up takes you to the 400pt Draft Cards.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...00#post1436500

Adding extra rules doesn't make sense.

NAME = GLYPH OF INFINITY: TIME GEM
SUBTITLE = ADDITIONAL TURN
EQUIPMENT GLYPH

After revealing a numbered Order Marker and taking your turn, before any other player takes a turn, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of this figure and take an immediate turn with this figure.

With your rule, now there's less of a reason for you to pursue the Time Gem other than to deny your opponent the extra turn, add +1 to your die roll for losing the Gauntlet and allowing *SNAP*ing, yet there would be no change in reason for your opponent to have the Time Gem.
The opponent figure equipped with the Time Gem simultaneously with an X on their card becomes your biggest target. It's one of the most powerful Gems, tied with the Space Gem, IMO.
Without extra rules, its a cost/benefit to anyone who isn't Thanos, but pure benefit to Thanos. It's to your benefit not to change the rule there.

The only thing I'm uncertain of is, if you're playing two armies, can you be the "player to your left"? Does playing two armies make you two players?

INFINITY QUEST

At the start of the game all other players, starting with the player to your left and going clockwise, must place a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game on an empty space on the battlefield. Then, you may choose a Glyph of Infinity that is not in the game and equip it.

I'd argue that it would, a player is one set of order markers/one army.
Referring to Page 3 of the SotM rules regarding both using a Pre-Made army and Drafting in 3+ player games, everyone would have to roll the D20 to determine the order of placing figures/drafting, and I think that is the closest precedent.

I probably seem like I look for cheese in my theoryscaping, but really, it's because I like to follow the rules to a T, and if something is possible, I want to know how and why.

For example, in a Slasher vs Thanos game, Freddy Kruger could grab the Mind Gem and disappear off the board. That way, Thanos couldn't prevent Freddy from entering his dreams, while also preventing Thanos from getting all the Gems.
However, victory conditions are determined at the end of every player turn, so if Freddy was holding the Mind Gem in the dream world, but every other friendly figure was destroyed, Thanos wins anyway.
Old December 1st, 2020, 07:13 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If you have 3 players vs. 1 player, the 3 players are getting 9 turns per round, while the 1 player is only getting 3 turns per round. (Or 4, if Thanos has the Time Gem I guess) It’s pretty standard that if one side of the battle has more players, they get less points in their army.

EDIT: I see now that there’s a special turn structure in play. But still, Thanos is slightly outnumbered in turns, and the enemies will have a lot more figures to grab Infinity Glyphs with, so a point deficit makes sense.

Sometimes, making up your own silly rules can be fun! I mean, that’s basically what C3G is after all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library