Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 12th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Puppet Master - VOTE for ERB

yea

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Yea

I am updating now.
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:43 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Puppet Master passes to playtesting.
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Sorry I missed this one, gang. I've been preparing for our youth soccer league's 25th anniversary season (and my last as President - a decade I've been doing this )

2-hour coaches' meeting this morning (I've been up since 3 am getting ready to hand out 60 rosters for 700+ players) and the 5-hour referee recertification clinic this afternoon - no wonder I'm a little tired.

Will try and be a little more timely.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 15th, 2010, 02:32 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Sorry I missed this one, gang. I've been preparing for our youth soccer league's 25th anniversary season (and my last as President - a decade I've been doing this )

2-hour coaches' meeting this morning (I've been up since 3 am getting ready to hand out 60 rosters for 700+ players) and the 5-hour referee recertification clinic this afternoon - no wonder I'm a little tired.

Will try and be a little more timely.
That's just not good enough, You're sacked!!!

Nah mate, it's all good. That's why we have the 48hr time limit so votes don't get held up by the double life we lead. Also there are a few voting chances along the way so really missing one or 2 in each really isn't an issue as long as you are happy with where it's at, at that point when you do vote.

Cheers
Old August 15th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I didn't know what "sacked" meant in that context until Harry Potter came out.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I didn't know what "sacked" meant in that context until Harry Potter came out.
Must be an English/Australian thing.
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:10 PM

The Heroclix figure used for this unit is #085 Puppet Master from the Universe set.
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
The Heroclix figure used for this unit is #085, 086, or 087 Puppet Master from the Universe set. OR #061, 062, or 063 Puppet Master from the Infinity Challenge set.
Fixed.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 15th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Puppet Master - Playtesting Phase

First page updated with figure info.
Also, I hope you guys don't mind, but after the Gorilla Grodd conversation, I updated the first page with what I considered a highly needed Order Marker restriction on String Pull 14.
Everything's looking good here. In my playtest I found I absolutely stacked Order Markers on him and used him to try to control everyone else. So I really didn't have the issues Aldin was concerned about in my own play with this guy.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2010, 11:24 PM

Nothing to see here.
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Playtest from Johnny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT PUPPET MASTER

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS (Oh MAN Pass; love this guy's powers.)

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS (There's a potential loop [Puppet Master takes control of Puppet Master, and at the end of that turn he takes control of Puppet Master], but it's not an eternal loops and would be really unlikely.)

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS (I was a bit wary about putting him with Red Skull, but it worked out just fine, so, yeah.)

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS (YES! So much fun!)

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

- Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero/ Does it pass? PASS. (Even alone against a single figure, he does pretty well. I'd call him successful.)
Spoiler Alert!

- Squad / Does it pass? PASS. (Holy crap! I expected this to be a massive failure, since his String Pull only works on heroes, but he actually WON. Never in a playtest has a hero beat squads. VERY impressive.)
Map: Fossil
Units: Puppet Master vs. 4th Massachusetts Line x2
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass? PASS. (Again, he's not that bad, but he doesn't accomplish much at all. I don't want to call him useless, but he's not that good... to be fair, though, he was stuck to Blob, and thus not at his full potential.)
Units: Puppet Master, Captain America, Flash (600 Points) vs. Mystique, Blob, Venom, Pyro (600 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass? PASS. ()
Units: Puppet Master, Red Skull, Captain America, Mystique, Plastic Man, Spider-Man (1010 Points) vs. Magneto, Blob, Toad, Pyro, Silver Surfer (1010 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

FINAL THOUGHTS: A minor question/change - first of all, can he target the same figure twice with String Pull? I ruled yes, and I'm pretty sure that how it goes. May want to add something, to make it absolutely clear. And also in String Pull, do you really need to mention that you can't target figures with Mental Shield? They already can't be taken control of - so it makes sense for Reactive Mind Control, since you don't take control of anyone, but with String Pull, it's already in the power.

As for my thoughts on the figure, he's REALLY good. Better than I expected. But he doesn't feel too unbalanced. It might be a good idea to bump him up to 140, or even 150, pending other playtests. He's got good strategy - either messing with your opponent or acting as a weak, less certain Red Skull. Lots of fun, either way - great job on this design.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library