Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Dark Phoenix

The Book of Dark Phoenix

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 21
ASHES TO ASHES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel 10th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #021 / Dark Phoenix.

Character Bio - Born as a Mutant Telepath with telekinetic and telepathic powers, Jean Grey is a magnet for the cosmic Phoenix Force which has resurrected her from death several times, but has also put her friends in harms way due to the unstable nature of the Phoenix Force. She is an original member of the X-men, and has a long history with them, especially her husband Scott Summers and her mentor Professor X. Jean Grey is a loving and compassionate person with the curse of being marked by the Phoenix Force entity that chooses to manifest itself at will in the telepath of its own choosing. Jean Grey struggles daily to suppress the Phoenix Force, but eventually, it takes over and drives her mad, usually after a traumatic event or upon her own death. When this happens, Jean Grey becomes the unleashed and infamous Dark Phoenix. In this form, there is no mercy or compassion, only burning rage for all who stand in her path.

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Dark Phoenix may be drafted into the same army as an Unstable Jean Grey, due to her From the Ashes special power, and placed on the battlefield after your other Jean Grey is destroyed. Current Unstable Jean Grey figures: Phoenix.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:41 PM. Reason: png
Old May 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Dark Phoenix - Designing

NAME = DARK PHOENIX
SECRET IDENTITY = JEAN GREY

SPECIES = ENTITY
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 9

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 490

FROM THE ASHES
You may draft a Jean Grey figure with the Unstable personality. If you do, Dark Phoenix does not start the game on the battlefield. When your Unstable Jean Grey is destroyed, switch her with Dark Phoenix.

PSIONIC WAVE
After moving and before attacking, you must roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure within 2 spaces of Dark Phoenix, one at a time. If a figure receives a wound, you may place it on any empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement.

PHOENIX FIRE
Anytime Dark Phoenix receives one or more wounds or is destroyed, you must immediately roll 1 unblockable attack die against each adjacent figure, one at a time.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 4th, 2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old May 27th, 2012, 11:35 AM

HOW TO PAINT THE PHOENIX FIGURE:

With fingernail clippers, clip off some of the Skrull's chin.
Paint the entire figure burgundy, except the face and hair.
Paint the gloves, leggings, and sash white.
Paint the gloves, leggings, and sash yellow.
Put a thin bright red wash over the entire figure, except for the face and hair.
Dry brush some yellow over the gloves, leggings, and sash.
Paint the face with a flesh color.
Put a thin bright red wash over the hair.
Paint two black almond shapes for the eyes.
Paint two burgundy arches for eyebrows.
Paint a tall white rectangle, then a thick black line through it, then outline the whole thing in dark red for a mouth.
Paint a white triangle on the chest so that it points down and goes from shoulder to shoulder and down to the middle of her chest.
Paint the white triangle yellow.
Outline the yellow triangle black.
Paint two small black triangles on each side of the yellow triangle, so that they are pointing inward.
Using black and yellow paint, touch up the symbol on the chest to look like the phoenix symbol.
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:25 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Any interest in keeping her secret from the public? It would be cool to surprise them with the last stage of the evolution, especially since it seems there was some disappointment in the power scale of Phoenix.

I think it would be a ton of fun for them to be like Ohhhhhh, that's what they were thinking!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:50 PM

Yeah sure, as long as I can get some Sanctum Playtesting support. So does that mean you like the design?
Old May 27th, 2012, 01:18 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seems like a good natural extension of Phoenix. I can definitely help with Playtesting.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 27th, 2012, 01:22 PM

Cool, thanks.

The Phoenix Force Entity Event Hero is after this one.
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

The figures say Ms. Marvel, but the tutorial starts with a Skrull.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Should
Quote:
FROM THE ASHES
You may draft Phoenix. If you do, Dark Phoenix does not start the game on the battlefield. When your Phoenix is destroyed, switch her with Dark Phoenix.
start with this:

You may draft a Jean Grey figure with the Unstable personality.

to be symmetric with Phoenix?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 27th, 2012, 05:07 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I see no issues with design. Although apart from being an extension to Phoenix, it doesn't scream "play me I am lots of fun". It's more like "play me & I will annoy the **** out of your opponent".
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
The figures say Ms. Marvel, but the tutorial starts with a Skrull.
Because that Ms. Marvel figure is actually the Skrull version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Should
Quote:
FROM THE ASHES
You may draft Phoenix. If you do, Dark Phoenix does not start the game on the battlefield. When your Phoenix is destroyed, switch her with Dark Phoenix.
start with this:

You may draft a Jean Grey figure with the Unstable personality.

to be symmetric with Phoenix?
Good idea, along with the new wording for Phoenix Fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I see no issues with design. Although apart from being an extension to Phoenix, it doesn't scream "play me I am lots of fun". It's more like "play me & I will annoy the **** out of your opponent".
That is concerning. I think it looks like a lot of fun to play. Do you have any ideas to make it more fun, or is this an example where our playstyles/likes are really different?

I am kinda shocked that this doesn't look fun to you. She can evolve from Phoenix who can evolve from Jean Grey, and she can send out waves of Psi energy to throw multiple figures and deal them damage as she also uses Phoenix Fire to punish anyone who harms her (which allows her to challenge the X-men). To me, that sounds like a blast.
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:12 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Now that I see you are trying to make it so the evolution can happen in the one game I think you need to state that you can draft Jean Grey as well.

As per the point I made about it not looking like a jump out fun unit, it might be just our differing playing styles. I can see the theme it all you have done here it's just the unblockable wounds get annoying & she has 2 powers that do just that . Don't get me wrong though, I still think it's a solid & viable design, it just doesn't say "play me I am lots of fun" to me & I won't block it at any phase, but if you think you can do something a bit more with her then don't hold back .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library