Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old December 28th, 2009, 05:18 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Dungeons and Dragons Preview Week 3!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I played a game with the new figs last night (DnD minis versions.) The heroes are very interdependant and not very strong against squads. The dice were against them, but they didn't get very many attacks per order marker and it hurt them badly. I suspect they would have been better against a hero heavy army though.
Do you mean you tried the "adventurers," the Dragon/Troll/Drow, or both against squads?
Tandros, Ana, Erevan, Troll and a squad of sentinals against 1x Anubians, 1x Badrus, Khosumet, Q10, and a squad of Templar. I'm uploading images so I can do a battle report.

Edit: Battle report is up with pictures. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=28169

Last edited by Hogg; December 28th, 2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:44 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Dungeons and Dragons Preview Week 3!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
I do like the idea of a squad of trolls with multiple lives. That's pretty cool. I'm just not sure how you would execute it. Frankly, I'm a little surprised to see the uncommon hero trolls, because I never thought they would add that level of accounting to Heroscape. I'm glad, I just didn't think it would happen. So maybe there's a solution to the multi-life squad member that would work. I'm going to spend some time thinking about it.

As far as uncommon squads (drafting multiples of the same squad that track losses on one card), I don't see any reason that would be a good idea. Commons have a distinct advantage, in that you get a full order marker's worth of activations even with damaged squads. Commons maintain effectiveness even with losses; uncommon squads would have an inherent liability.

But on the topic of uncommon squads - what about a workaround using heroes? Sort of a limited bonding thing, like you see with gladiatrons and blastatrons. 'After you take a turn with one [uncommon widget], you may move up to two additional [uncommon widgets].' By limiting them to moving, as opposed to taking a turn, you eliminate chain bonding, and still get something like squad behavior out of a team of heroes.
I'm pretty sure we won't get uncommon squads. In the glossary of the new rulebook under Squads, only Common and Unique are listed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News