Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 19th, 2007, 09:13 AM

cfursa has disabled reputation
What's up with Hasbro or the stores

I'll start out stating that I know that everyone is having this problem. Last week I went around to my local stores to see if they have wave 7 and of course not, no big surprise. But, all the stores were out of all the waves. So last night I was around town and figured to see if they have received any in and guess what they all did but all the stores received wave 5. My question is why is Hasbro holding back on them? So as of last week I put my first order into House Mouse Games for wave 7 and received them within 5 days. So it looks like I'll be buying guys on line for now. To bad for the local stores since they are losing out on money because by the time they recieve wave 7, wave 10 will be out.
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:23 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It's not really Hasbro holding back. It's the Big Boys(WalMart-Target-TRU) that are hording the goods. I don't think they distinguish between Wave 5 and Wave 7. To them it's all the same product. They aren't gonna put the new stuff our until the old product sells. It's been this way since I started playing, around Wave 3 release. Online is the way to go if you ask me. You can order what you want, and you don't have to drive around wasting time and gas looking for something that may or may not even be there.
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:27 AM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
So I have a queston about your last post, where is the best place to buy online?

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:32 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
www.housemousegames.com if you pre-order early will likely get you the product faster than anyone else on your block will get them.

If you wait for Hasbro's ToyShop to list new figures you may be waiting a few months after the initial release, but using promo codes you could pay much less than housemousegames if a GOOD promo code is in effect.

SO, it depends which of theses sides win in your brain: "gotta have product fast" versus "gotta have cash, can wait on product"

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:33 AM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94920
So I have a queston about your last post, where is the best place to buy online?
Several places -

HasbroToyShop.com
HouseMouseGames
FunagainGames
Toys-R-Us
Amazon
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:34 AM

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I buy in bulk from http://www.housemousegames.com/
It's the most efficient for me and the service is top notch.

I've also purchased Scape from these online places with good success
http://www.funagain.com/control/main
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=746

Those are my 3 main places to buy, although I haven't bought anything from Funagain since Raknar's and the Tundra were released.

Hasbro Toy Shop always has some good deals going on so you might wanna check them out from time to time.
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:37 AM

Tiak has disabled reputation
Re: What's up with Hasbro or the stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfursa
I'll start out stating that I know that everyone is having this problem. Last week I went around to my local stores to see if they have wave 7 and of course not, no big surprise. But, all the stores were out of all the waves. So last night I was around town and figured to see if they have received any in and guess what they all did but all the stores received wave 5. My question is why is Hasbro holding back on them? So as of last week I put my first order into House Mouse Games for wave 7 and received them within 5 days. So it looks like I'll be buying guys on line for now. To bad for the local stores since they are losing out on money because by the time they recieve wave 7, wave 10 will be out.
That is the Only REAl problem I have ever had with Hasbro and Heroscape. It takes forever to get the Sets after they are announced and released. It's a lot of work and shouldn't be that hard. You are right. Local toy and hobby stores and Toy R Us are getting hosed as far as profits goes.
Even with Heroclix Minor flaws it is readily available.

"That's a dumb planet! If Someone tries to kill you, You try to kill em right back."
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:39 AM

I was very pleased with House Mouse Games. I sent an e-mail to them to make sure that they had all of wave 7 first before ordering. The only reason I did this is becauser your order won't ship until it is completely filled. They responded back to me by the next day to confirm the had all of wave 7. So as of right now House Mouse is where I'll be ordering. I know you pay more but customer service is important to me also.
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I was very pleased with House Mouse Games. I sent an e-mail to them to make sure that they had all of wave 7 first before ordering. The only reason I did this is becauser your order won't ship until it is completely filled. They responded back to me by the next day to confirm the had all of wave 7. So as of right now House Mouse is where I'll be ordering. I know you pay more but customer service is important to me also.
Exactly. The top rate customer service and fact that you're getting scape delivered to your door like a hot pizza out weighs the fact that I might have to spend a little more. I'll take that over dealing with some brain-dead store associate who clearly exemplifies **** poor customer service.
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Tiak has disabled reputation
Quote:
I'll be giving them a try. I have had no luck with the local stores who carry heroscape. And Christmas is just around the corner.

"That's a dumb planet! If Someone tries to kill you, You try to kill em right back."
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:08 AM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
With house mouse when they have a deal the price is worth it, but 18.00 for an expansion is not on my top buy list.

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:12 AM

My last purchase with House Mouse I was able to get all of Wave 7 for $15 per/pack. Which is only about $3 more per/pack and after figuring all the time I spend driving and looking for them around town I save by buying on line

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion