Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 29th, 2015, 02:46 PM

TestofOne Woo who?
A new player's Custom

(For the record I am still very new to creating customs so if it is an atrocity let me know)

Dovahkiin

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 4

Unrelenting Force 9
Instead of rolling normal defense dice when defending with Dovahkiin, he may use Unrelenting Force.Roll the 20 sided dice if the roll is 9 or higher Dovahkiin may use this. When using unrelenting force, all characters adjacent to Dovahkiin move back four spaces in a straight line. If one of the adjacent characters' movement is blocked by an obstacle or elevation higher than it's own height, or another character, end it's movement. If Dovahkiin fails to roll a 9 or higher he rolls 2 less defense.
(I hope that made sense)
Whirlwind Sprint
After moving and before attacking, Dovahkiin may move to any empty spot adjacent to an enemy within four spaces of him. If Dovahkiin attacks after using Whirlwind Sprint, roll three less attack die.

And the third ability is one i am not sure I want to add but... for sake of adding one more ability

Dragon Born
After killing a dragon or another dragon born Dovahkiin is healed two life

And for all the League of Legends Fans out there

Nasus
Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 6

Syphoning Strikes

Every time Nasus kills a unit he permanently gains 1 attack and heals 1 wound. Nasus may only gain 6 bonus attack.

So ya, I was hoping someone would be able to help me come up with wording and point value for these lovely characters.
Old April 29th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Re: A new player's Custom

Welcome to the Scape community, TestOfOne!

Interesting Customs. There are a million things a Dragonborn could do, but I admire limiting his powers to 3 and I like the theme of using abilities by sacrificing attack and defense dice. Wording wise, for Unrelenting Force 9, you may want to say "before rolling defense dice" instead of "instead of rolling defense dice" since you do roll dice if you fail. If its succeeding cancels the attack, don't forget to mention that. He probably goes for around 140-170 if you ask me since his durability isn't great when his first ability fails.

Nasus: Why put a cap on Siphoning Strikes when the **** game doesn't . You could implement a marker system to help keep track of how many stacks he has. Otherwise, he's pretty hard to kill and he heals himself often, so he'd probably go for around 200+ points if you ask me. Scapers who are into Marvel Scape would probably know how to price him.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 29th, 2015, 10:58 PM

TestofOne Woo who?
Re: A new player's Custom

Thanks, I have so many custom figures in the works that I really have no idea how to price the various creations.

Another few designs are
(another league of legends) Pantheon the Artisan of War
Life 6
Movement 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 6

Heart Seeker Passive: Pantheon gains one attack for every injury his target has. (am I allowed to do passive/active?)
Active: Pantheon rolls two dice damaging all champions in a two block cone ahead of him this attacks twice. (roll defense separately)
Spartan’s Shield
For every four attack dice an enemy rolls Pantheon automatically rolls 1 defense
Grand Sky Fall
Pantheon jumps to a target location. Upon landing pantheon rolls the 20 sided dice divide the number by four and every enemy champion within a two space radius take that amount of wounds. Pantheon may use this once per game.
Yasuo (pattern here?)
Life 5
Movement 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
Critical hit chance
After attacking roll the 20 sided dice if the roll is 11 or higher the roll critically strikes and the number of skulls shown is doubled
Steel Tempest Special attack range 3 attack 2
Yasuo lunges forward striking all enemies in a straight line up to three spaces.
Steel tempest can critically strike if steel tempest deals a wound to the target enemy Yasuo may attack again with steal tempest
Wind Walker
Yasuo can travel up to 3 levels in elevation in one move Yasuo gains + 1 defense dice against ranged opponents. If Yasuo starts his movement not engaged and travels his full movement without becoming engaged he gains two defense dice for the remainder of the turn. Yasuo does not take damage from leaving engagements.

And lastly the Starcraft Ghost.
Ghost
Base Stats
Life 2
Movement 6
Range 10
Attack 3
Defense 3

Mk 9 Penetrater Round special attack
Range 10 Roll the attack dice if the roll is a skull the target character takes 1 unblockable damage this costs 1 energy

Cloak 9 Passive Ghost takes no damage from leaving an engagement. Upon being attacked Ghost may expend one energy token and roll the 20 sided dice if the roll is 9 or higher ghost takes no damage and move 4 spaces away. Ghost may expend additional tokens to add 2 to his roll.

Nuclear Strike Inbound SA
Range 20 Attack 12
Ghost expends 4 energy tokens on his card and rolls the 20 sided dice if the roll is 20 the nuclear bomb is launched at the target space. Enemies within 1 block radius of the target roll 12 attack dice. Enemies 2 spaces away roll 10 attack enemies 3 spaces roll 8 attack enemies 4 spaces away roll 4 attack enemies 5 spaces away roll 2 attack.

Energy Reserves
Ghost starts with four energy tokens on his card and regenerates one token per turn
Old April 30th, 2015, 11:43 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very cool customs! Thanks for sharing them! It's always great to see a new face putting themselves out there and sharing their work.

Dovakhin
Fus Ro Dah indeed! This a very cool hero. I like the interplay between choosing to roll the die to push or just rolling the defense against the attack normally. I presume pushing a figure back will negate its attack against you if it is no longer within range. It otherwise would only really help against swarming squads (to prevent the attacks from other squad members) or in circumstances where placement or terrain are more important. Whirlwind Sprint was a shout that I always loved to use in the game and gives a nice option to quickly bring him into engagement and even in a good position to shot the enemy away. Dragon Born also seems pretty spot on. All said this guy is a monster against melee figures if the Force Shout stops an attack but is otherwise quite vulnerable to ranged attackers between his low life and defense.

Nasus
League of Legends is not something I know as well but Nasus seems a real fiend to face. He can hold up well to most assaults between his high life and defense which is only further exaggerated by his ability to heal while his attack climbs higher and higher. Only having the ability to kill one figure a turn could be a problem against squads but that limitation isn't as severe given that survivability. When charged up, he will be death incarnate to those he attacks.

Pantheon the Artisan of War
This is an interesting hero although I'm having a little trouble understanding the intent on the different powers. It also seems like league of legends is chalk full of some very tough heroes. Active and passive abilities are absolutely a thing in Heroscape, although they aren't exactly worded as such. Passive abilities typically carry some trigger language (i.e. When attacking with Pantheon the Artisan of War, he receives 1 extra attack die for each wound marker on the defending figure's Army Card), while active abilities will either be done through special attacks (which have their own rules), replacement effects (i.e. Instead of moving...), or take place during a certain point of the turn (i.e. After moving and before attacking...). Powers like this are split into two separate powers. The active one here would likely be a Special Attack, although it is unclear if you intend the Heartseeker Passive to apply to this attack as well.

Spartan's Shield is also a little ambiguous in that I don't know how rounding works or if it applies only to one attack. For instance, if I was attacked 4 times with 1 attack die, would defend normally or would I get the extra defense on the 4th attack. I take it to mean that I only get an extra die if I am being attacked by a single attack of 4 (rolling 7 defense instead of 6). Your use of "automatically" implies that you may mean that he gets an automatic shield instead of an extra defense die so I am unsure about this one.

For Grand Sky Fall, when during your turn can you use this ability. Can you move, jump, and then attack all in the same turn? Is there any limit on how far or high you can jump as well? The damage again is a little ambiguous on rounding, and by "champion" do you mean simply enemy figures or only heroes would be affected? It is a very potent ability in any case.

Yasuo
This is another pretty cool and speedy hero. He is perhaps a little more vulnerable than the other two League of Legends heroes you have created, but substantially better against range and even has the potential to attack multiple enemies. The intent on the various powers is all straightforward enough although I am a little uncertain on Wind Walker. Full movement is a little ambiguous since I believe I can technically do my "full movement" while just moving back and forth between two spaces. The three levels of elevation in one move also gives me pause but I assume you mean that he ignores up to 3 levels of elevation during movement and is not incapable of climbing higher. All said he looks like a fun hero. I could see maneuvering him around the enemy to set up Steel Tempest from afar while still maintaining the defensive bonuses.

Ghost
This is an interesting hero. I like the balance of energy tokens to try to keep him alive. His attack is high enough that you could probably get away with out relying on his except against particularly defensive opponents. For the Cloak 9, can you use additional tokens after you see the roll? It is a powerful ability but I like the cost of burning through energy reserves to keep alive. Nuclear Strike is potentially extremely powerful but is probably not worth it the majority of the time. You expend all of your energy and then roll the 20 sided die, giving you a 5% chance that blowing through all of your resources will actually do anything. It is earth shattering if it does but otherwise feels like a real hail marry. Do not get me wrong, however. An ability of this power should be costly and hard to pull off. I just wonder if it should only cost the 4 energy if the roll is successful to make it something worth pursuing from time to time (you'll still lose your attack in the attempt). A very cool hero in any case.

Thanks again for sharing!
Old May 2nd, 2015, 12:02 AM

TestofOne Woo who?

Hey thanks Ixe for the feed back. I really appreciate the opportunity to learn more about making customs and how other people feel about them.
With my 40+ characters in the works I would love to hear more about how to phrase/create interesting characters for the game. I have characters ranging from Bard the Bow Man (hobbit) to the Hyperion (starcraft) to ancient Rome so any feed back I can get would be great
Old May 3rd, 2015, 10:21 PM

TestofOne Woo who?

Protoss Immortal (Starcraft)
Life 6
Movement 5
Range 6
Attack 5
Defense 5
150 (?)
Hardened Shields
If Immortal has shield tokens on his card the most tokens he removes in combat is 1
Protoss Shields
Immortal starts with four shield tokens on his card. These tokens act as life. So when Immortal takes a wound instead of placing a wound marker remove a shield token. Immortal regenerates one shield token every turn.

Protoss Zealot (Starcraft)
Life 4
Movement 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3
100 (?)
Zealot Charge
If zealot ends his movement within three spaces of an enemy he may immediately move three spaces toward the enemy ignoring elevations less than three and rolls one more attack. Zealot may not use this if he has not traveled his full movement without becoming engaged.
Psi Blades
Zealot attacks twice rolling four (five with Zealot Charge) for the first attack and 2 for the second.
Protoss Shields
Zealot starts with two shield tokens on his card. These tokens act as life. So when zealot takes a wound instead of placing a wound marker remove a shield token. Zealot regenerates one shield token every turn.

Xereth (League of Lengends)
Life 5
Movement 5
Range 10
Attack 3
Defense 3
300 (?)
Arcanopulse SA
Range 15
Xereth fires a bolt of energy at target line dealing damage to all enemies in the target line. Enemies within 2 spaces of Xerath roll 5 dice enemies between 3 and 7 spaces roll 4 attack enemies between 8 and 15 roll 3 attack Cost 1 mana
Eye of Destruction SA
Range 10 attack 4
Xereth fires a bolt of energy at a target enemy roll 4 attack for the target and 2 for all enemies adjacent to the target. The target character has his movement lowered by 2 for the next turn. Cost 1 man
Rite of the Arcane SA
Attack: 6 range: 30 Xereth ascends into his true form and fires a bolt of living artillery at a target hero. Roll 6 attack for the target enemy and 2 for all enemies adjacent. Cost 4 mana
Mana Surge Xereth’s abilities cost mana. Xereth starts with four mana tokens on his card. When Xereth uses his abilities remove mana equal to the cost of the ability. Xereth may have a max of four tokens on his card. Xereth gains every time he deals a wound with his normal attack.

Thresh (League of Legends)
Life 6
Movement 5
Range 4
Attack 3
Defense 6
260 (?)
Soul Collector
All enemies who die within six spaces of thresh give thresh a soul, these souls grant 1 defense (max defense bonus 4) Thresh may continue to collect souls after he reaches the defense bonus limit. When Thresh dies roll the 20 sided dice for every soul that remains on Thresh’ card. 16 or higher the character returns to the battle.
Dark Passage Special
Range 6 Thresh may use this instead of attacking to pull an allied hero to a space next to thresh. the target character gains 2 defense for the remainder of the turn, thresh gains 1 defense for the remainder of the turn. The target does not take damage from leaving engagements. Thresh may use a soul to increase the range of this ability by two. If thresh expends a soul remove the soul from Thresh’ card
Death Sentence Special
Range 6 Attack 2 Thresh uses this to pull a target enemy within clear line of sight 4 spaces towards himself. The target does take damage from leaving engagements and from falling.
Flay
Thresh may expend a soul to increase his attack by 2. he may expend another soul to increase it again by 1

Durza (Eragon Inheritance books)
Life 5
Movement 6
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 4
190 (?)
Mind Dominance
After killing a unit with Durza. You may move the unit and attack with it. After moving and attacking with the character the unit is destroyed.
Shade
Upon taking lethal damage roll a 3 dice if all three rolls are skulls Durza is destroyed. If at least one dice is a shield or a blank Durza is removed from the board for one turn. After removing Durza from the board you may replace him on the map adjacent to an ally hero, if there is no ally hero durza may not return to the battlefield.
Elvish Speed
Humans roll 1 less defense against Durza

Arno (Assassins Creed)
Life 4
Movement 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
150 (?)
Climb
When counting spaces for Arno’s movement ignore elevations less then 10 . Arno takes no damage from moving down elevations.
Assassination
If Arno has a height advantage or any part of his figure is concealed by a ruin, elevation, or vegetation instead of attacking Arno may use this. If the target is a squad figure remove it from the board, if the target is a hero roll the 20 sided dice if the roll is 16 or higher the target is killed and Arno takes the place of the target character. If the target is not killed Arno rolls two less attack, but rolls 2 automatic akulls.
Phantom Blade
Range 5 Attack 2 if the target takes a wound from Phantom Blade all enemies adjacent are attacked equal to the target’s attack value of phantom blade’s target.
Counter
When Arno is attacked roll one normal dice, if the roll is a shield or a blank Arno takes no damage and moves 2 spaces. Arno takes no Damage from leaving engagements

Gloin (Hobbit)
Life 4
Movement 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
110 (?)
Devastating Blow SA
Range 1 Attack 2 Devastating blow deals damage to all targets adjacent to the target character.
My Wee Lad Gimli
If Gimli and Gloin are both on the field and controlled by the same owner they gain 1 attack and defense, Gimili is also really embarrassed and you may not take a turn with him

Glorfindel (Lord of the Rings Books)
Life 4
Movement 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
Rivendell healing
After moving and before attacking Glorfindel may use this instead of attacking to heal a wound on an allied character. roll the 20 sided dice, if the roll is 16 or higher the target is healed one wound, add two to the roll if the target is an elf. If you also control Elrond add 4 to the roll.
Flurry of Blows SA
Range 1 Attack 6 Glorfindel may make 3 attacks of 2 dice
True Sight
Glorfindel is unaffected by stealth of any kind.

Talion (Shadow Of Mordor)
Life 5
Movement 6
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 5
190 (?)
Elvish Arrow Special attack
Range 10 Attack 4 After using this ability he may move to a space next to the target enemy of the target is a squad figure kill it and do not refresh execution. If the target is a hero roll 2 attack dice and refresh execution Talion may not use this ability again until he kills a unit without using a special attack.
Blade Frenzy
Special attack range 1 attack 2
Talion attacks 4 times with 2 attack. Refresh Execution. Talion may not use this again until he kills a unit without using a special attack.
Execution
Every three attacks with Talion, Talion rolls one automatic skull his normal attack
Counter
When Talion is attacked roll one normal dice, if the roll is a shield or a blank Talion takes no damage and moves 2 spaces. Talion Takes no Damage from leaving engagements

Frodo (Lord of the Rings)
Life 5
Movement 4
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3
110 (?)
The Light of Eärendil
Before moving Frodo may use this ability. Roll the 20 sided dice if the roll is 16 or higher all enemies within 4 spaces move 4 spaces away from Frodo. Against Orcs, Goblins, Uruk’hai, Spiders and Wraiths add 5 to the roll. Orcs, Goblins and Spiders flee 6 spaces away.
Ring Bearer
Frodo starts with the ring on his card
My Dear Sam
If there are no other friendly Heros within 5 spaces of Frodo and Sam and Sam is adjacent to Frodo add 1 to both characters movement and defense.
(Note: Hobbits have an ability to heal 1 wound every turn)

Sam Wise (Lord of the Rings)
Life 5
Movement 4
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3
100 (?)
Elvish Rope (possible glyph)
Sam does not take damage from descending elevations and when counting spaces for movement ignore elevations
Resist Temptation
In order for an enemy to take a turn with Sam they must roll a 20 sided dice, if the roll is 20 they must roll again and must get a 20 in order to take a turn with Sam.
Come With Me Mr. Frodo
After revealing an order marker on Sam you may move Frodo but not attack.

Eragon Shadeslayer (Eragon inheritance books)
Life 6
Movement 8
Range 1
Attack 4
Defence 5
Cost 280 (?)
Riders Blade
Targets roll 1 less defense against Eragon With units less than three defense instead roll 1 extra attack dice
Brisengr special attack
Range 5 attack 4
Eragon casts a ball of fire at a target enemy. All enemies adjacent roll 2 dice. After rolling for base attack all enemies that take a wound roll one dice for fire damage. If the enemy takes another wound keep rolling until the character is dead or he blocks fire damage. Defender rolls 1 defense for the first and Adds 1 defense until he dies or blocks the attack damage.
Riders Bond
If both Eragon and Saphira are in play after revealing an order marker on either Hero you may take a turn with both saphira and Eragon. Saphira and Eragon must be on the same team.
Riders Mind
Eragon is immune to mind control and body swaps (phrasing?)

Arminium (My own Creation)
Life 4
Movement 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 6
200 (?)
Before rolling for initiative and after placing order markers determine what stance Arminium takes for this turn.
Stance: Forced March
Arminum gains 4 movement but in this stance his attack is lowered by 2 and defense by 1
Stance: Defensive Tustudo
Arminium gains 4 defense but he cannot move and rolls 3 less attack
Stance: Offencive Tustudo
Arminium gains 2 defense against ranged opponents and lowers his movement by 2
Stance: General
After revealing an order marker on Arminium you may take a turn with any two heros or 1 squad within 8 spaces of Arminium. However this character must remain in 6 spaces of Arminum to attack.

Bard the Bowmen (Hobbi)
Life 3
Movement 6
Range 9
Attack 4
Defense 4
150 (?)
Black Arrow
Range 12 attack 2
For every 2 spaces between Bard and his target add 1 dice to the attack. If the target is a unique hero roll 1 dice if the roll is a skull the target takes 1 unblock able damage if the roll is a shield the targets defense against Black Arrow is lowered by 1. Bard starts with the Black Arrow glyph on his card when Bard uses this ability it is transferred to the board next to the target Character.
Double Attack

King Dain (Hobbit/Battle for Middle Earth 2)
Life 4
Movement 4
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
150 (?)
Iron Foot
All Dwarves adjacent to King Dain gain 2 attack and defense while units smaller the 3 gain 1 attack and defense
Mithrill Coat
King Dain automatically rolls 1 shield during combat and may block leaving engagements and other unblock able attack.
Dwarven Skill
King Dain automatically rolls 1 skull during combat
Throwing Axe
Special Range 4 Attack 4
(Dwarven skill does not apply) King Dain may only use this twice in one game)

Goreth (My own creation)
Life 4
Movement 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
Juggernaut
Every time Goreth kills an enemy he heals himself 1 wound gains 1 health and 1 defense (max bonus is 8 health and defense) once Goreth reaches his cap for health and defense he instead heals himself 2 wounds for every kill
Contempt for the Weak
Goreth rolls two attack dice against squads and units that have lower the 2 health. If an allied character adjacent to Goreth fails to roll at least 1 skull in combat if it is a squad figure destroy it. If it is a hero roll the 20 sided dice if the roll is 16 or higher the hero takes one unblock able wound.

Haywire (my own creation)
Life 5
Movement 5
Range 4
Attack 6
Defense 4

Power Transfer
Special attack 4 range 6
If Haywire inflicts one or more wounds with this ability he gains 1 defense equal to the amount of wounds inflicted for one turn. The target character has all energy removed and haywire gains 1 defense per energy removed.
Glitch 11
If Haywire is attacked by any enemy ability roll the 20 sided dice if the roll is 11 or higher the enemy character takes the wounds that would have been given to Haywire. If it is a not attack special ability Haywire is unaffected and the target takes 1 wound

WW1 Machine Gun Squad (my own creation)
Life 1
Movement 5
Range 6
Attack 2
Defense 2
Abilities
Entrench if WW1 battalion does not move during a turn they gain 1 defense against ranged attack this can happen up to three times before reaching a cap (total defense 5)
Triple attack this unit attacks three times

Nautilus
Base Stats
Life 10
Movement 4
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 6
Abilities
Dredge Line after moving and before attacking Nautilus can use this to travel up to three spaces ignoring terrain. After using this Nautilus forfeits his attack but gains 2 defense until the next turn.
Titan of the Depths
after moving and before attacking roll the 20 sided dice if the roll is 1-5 nothing happens if the roll is 6-10 Nautilus gains 1 defense until next turn if the roll is 11-15 Nautilus gains 1 attack and 3 defense until the next turn if the roll is 16-20 he gains 4 defense and 2 attack and deals area of affect damage to all characters near him.
Endless March
Nautilius may move through water without stopping his movement
Old May 23rd, 2015, 12:56 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Very cool concepts, I myself loved skyrim, and think your idea for the dragonborn is cool. I also thought about making starcraft mini cards, question though, what are you using for those figures? I was not aware of any minis for those. I was going to just sculpt them myself. I noticed Eragon on your list, I'm not sure if you are aware of Heroes of Fiction, they have made an Eragon Card. Also noticed some Assasin's creed going on up there. They also made an Ezio Auditore that is pretty fun to play. Here's some pics in the spoiler tab.
Spoiler Alert!

Good luck with your customs.
These guys do some good work, I just joined their group. Here is a link to all their cards they have made.
Heroes of Fiction Display thread

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:23 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Durza seems like a fiend to take down. Regenerating shades? No way I want to deal with that. Nice work with Durza.

Protoss immortal is well, a moving tank. 5 defense with shields will be as tough as nails while regenerating shields. Let's see if Krug can bring down this bad boy!

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards