Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

View Poll Results: Which unit is better?
Laglor 10 66.67%
Gothlok 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 10th, 2020, 03:54 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate # 74 Laglor vs Gothlok

I ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the quality of the other Unit Debates and avoid confusion.

Laglor vs Gothlok
Vydar vs Valkrill Flagbearers

This Unit Debate was selected by @brandonwiker .

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl

NOTE: Debates can now acknowledge the existence and affect of VC Customs (C3V & SoV) on the units
Old January 11th, 2020, 03:18 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker
Re: Unit Debate # 74 Laglor vs Gothlok

I have never played with Gothlok, but he seems to easy to bring down for 130 points. He has no disengage, and not enough life to risk it, so after his first charge he is probably gonna be stuck in the water.

I imagine the best way to use him is either cleanup, or charging him in early at a high-priority hero, then using his despair ability as a sort of advantage aura for your main vanguard.

He would play very well with the death-chasers though... Hmmm. I dunno, I just see a figure like Valguard who serves a somewhat similar use for 20 points less at a low power ranking, and I wonder how this guy would possibly be a whole lot better. One defense die usually doesn't get you a whole lot anyways, and I would be skeptical to think that Gothlok would give a significant aura advantage.

Laglor, on the other hand, is game-changing with practically anything Vydar. Syvarris proves that 9 range on anything is insanely powerful, and Laglor gives that same advantage to probably most of your army. He is tough for a range unit, and you will have a hard time getting anywhere near him to even do the damage. His auto-load ability sort of... meh though. It isn't as good in gameplay is it is on paper. He usually just gets one attack, but still, a range special is useful against ninjas or rats.

As a support figure, Laglor is hands down better for his points. As an actual combat figure, I think Gothlok could do way more damage. I guess it really depends on what kind of army you are playing, but I would personally be more scared to go up against a laglor-boosted Vydar pod.

1. Gothlok
2. Laglor
3. Laglor
4. Gothlok
5. Laglor
6. Laglor
7. Gothlok

Laglor for the win.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units