Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:55 PM

bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The value of Ramming comes in knocking figures off perches and in getting through screens.
This is the big one. Using a combination of ramming and Headlong charge allow you to push two guys out of your way even if you can't kill them and then move four spaces. And then BAM your opponents cheerleader, ranged units ect. and facing down an attack of six or two attacks of four from an incredibly sturdy figure.

With that much offensive power, if your opponents are ignoring Augamo, you should be tearing through their ranks.

bobinchese is Otonashi...
in the Immortal Cave...
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Tomb Skeletons really too high, they suck HARD.

Whereas the other melee squads in this rank just suck but nothing scandalous. xD (Anubians Wolves, Gnids, DKoV).

If they were C+ they would be with the Deepwyrm Drow and I fell they suck more than the Deepwyrm Drows, the 4 move is just horrible, you have to pay 90 points to have a decent move for a melee squad.

Rest is okay.

@Greynarl: The LBSA is better than Ice Spikes, one attack that hits a lot of figures is better than different multiples attacks. I f you hit the 3 or skulls at a good moment you win on that turn, and if you miss, you still have the Greenscales to protect you, just play it safe.

To me in a Raelin+Greenscales+dragon, the range of the dragon is more important than the defense of the dragon.
So I'd put Quahon over Nilfheim just for this reason.

You say you must spread, haha that makes me laught, it's easy to say, but spread your with at least 3 spaces between them makes your movements really really difficults, and it denies so many synergies, it's auto-win against a lot of builds.
One some maps I would say it's impossible or you give Quahon the time to get a too much important point, where she have height and you will never be able to attack without taking an huge risk.
Also how make multiples attacks on Quahon with melee Squads while being spread out?
Also your opponent can not use Rae effectively whereas you can easily.
It's way easier to deny Zelrig for example and I can't believe how the hell Zelrig can be on the same rank than Quahon.

I would say, if you take her alone and compare the cards with the other dragons especially Nilf and Zelrig it's pretty the same. But the Greenscale+Rae+Quahon combo is huge and better than the Greenscales+Rae+Zelrig/Nilf one.

The Nilf/zelrig+GSW+Rae combo is only very good against melee whereas Quahon+GSW+Rae is also good against ranged squads (especially builds with Raelin) and even hodgepodges like Q9+Rae+Rats.

That's why Quahon is way more versatile than Nilfheim.

If you want to battle, let's do Quahon+Rae+GSW vs Nilfheim+GSW+Rae.
Please show me how well you spread your units then how you don't have any bonus left.

Last edited by Foudzing; June 23rd, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Who would you pick in the following fights?

Fight 1: Tomb Skeletons x7 + Warden (370) vs. M-43 x5 + Kira Jax + Otonashi (365)

Fight 2: Tomb Skeletons x4 + Raelin + Krav (340) vs. Stingers x5 + Guilty + Otonashi (340)
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:38 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Guilty is FAR better than a B+ with Dreadguls. MBS is an A-, and he only throws out one attack per turn. Guilty has one more range, meaning easier height, two attacks per turn, and costs 20 points less. He's also single-spaced, making it easier to protect him with Dreadguls. He should at LEAST be the same ranking as MBS, if not a flat A. He makes the Dreadguls so much better when played well.

EDIT: Dok, not that I disagree with you about the TSs not sucking, because I think they are okay, but why do they get to play at ideal price points and their opponents have to use filler?
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:47 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Guilty is FAR better than a B+ with Dreadguls. MBS is an A-, and he only throws out one attack per turn. Guilty has one more range, meaning easier height, two attacks per turn, and costs 20 points less. He's also single-spaced, making it easier to protect him with Dreadguls. He should at LEAST be the same ranking as MBS, if not a flat A. He makes the Dreadguls so much better when played well.
I don't really disagree about the head-to-head comparison, although MBS is faster and a bit harder to kill. But the real question when it comes to boosting Guilty is: are the best Guilty/Dreadgul builds as strong as the best MBS/Roman and MBS/Deathchaser builds? If so, then both Guilty AND the Dreadguls should go up. If not, then the Dreadguls keep Guilty down. That's how I approach the power rankings.

Quote:
EDIT: Dok, not that I disagree with you about the TSs not sucking, because I think they are okay, but why do they get to play at ideal price points and their opponents have to use filler?
Because their Fight 1 opponent is a flat "B" army, and their Fight 2 opponent is a flat "A" army. Even if I'm right that they're a B-, and even accounting for the help they get in the second fight, they are the ones fighting above their weight class in both cases.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:54 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Guilty pulls so much weight for Dreadguls though. He makes it nearly impossible to turtle against them, which is a big advantage for a 3 man melee squad.

I disagree that the M43 army is a flat B though. M43s are not bread and butter range; they are support. You saw how bad I did with spammed M43s, and I even had a small support hero in Nessing. Without ANY support af all, I think that's a bad build that needs more punch.

The second matchup is a bit lame. You got rid of Warden because you don't need him in this matchup, and added Krav because you do need them. You can't actually do that in a tournament.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Who would you pick in the following fights?

Fight 1: Tomb Skeletons x7 + Warden (370) vs. M-43 x5 + Kira Jax + Otonashi (365)

Fight 2: Tomb Skeletons x4 + Raelin + Krav (340) vs. Stingers x5 + Guilty + Otonashi (340)
Fight 1: The power of the M-43 is useless here, so there is no match of course. xD The M-43 suck too, in my opinion. Okay the TS beat the M-43 alone, you find the only squads the Tomb Skeletons have an avantage against congratz.

Fight 2: Lol, Rae+Kravs+something beats Stingers alone anyway, the Kravs+Rae give the win here.

Why not do 6xTomb Skeletons vs 4xStingers?
They're not supposed to counter range?

And against melee it's even worse.

Blade gruts alone > Tomb Skeletons I proved this to caps a few days ago.

Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
You can't actually do that in a tournament.
Depends on the tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Guilty pulls so much weight for Dreadguls though. He makes it nearly impossible to turtle against them, which is a big advantage for a 3 man melee squad.
I don't disagree that he's huge for a Dreadgul army (when played a certain way). I'm just saying that I can't rank him above the army itself without implicitly saying that Guilty alone, or Guilty in a non-Dreadgul build, is better than Guilty and Dreadguls. That's just how my rankings work (and pretty much how Jexik's work, too).

Quote:
I disagree that the M43 army is a flat B though. M43s are not bread and butter range; they are support. You saw how bad I did with spammed M43s, and I even had a small support hero in Nessing. Without ANY support af all, I think that's a bad build that needs more punch.
I basically agree that I wouldn't take M-43s alone, but I don't think it's unfair to match them against lower-tier competition that way. I don't think they'd do poorly against Ashigaru Yari or even Deepwyrm Drow on most maps without backup. If they are doing worse against Tomb Skeletons, that says something, right?

Quote:
The second comparison is cheesy too. You got rid of Warden because you don't need him in this matchup, and added Krav because you do need them. You can't actually do that in a tournament.
I disagree; these are perfectly realistic and reasonable builds. There are two ways I would consider playing Tomb Skeletons: as a screen along with Raelin and something ranged, or as a swarm with the Warden. I wouldn't put Raelin, Krav, and the Warden in the same build. It's one or the other.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Fight 2: Lol, Rae+Kravs+something beats Stingers alone anyway, the Kravs+Rae give the win here.
No way does Rae+Krav beat 15 stingers without a screen; the stingers will be gunning down Raelin or engaging the Krav in no time.

Quote:
Why not do 6xTomb Skeletons vs 4xStingers?
They're not supposed to counter range?
If your goal was to prove that Tomb Skeletons should be ranked below an A (the rank of the stingers) then yes, that's a fair test. But if you want them to be ranked below a B-, then no, that's a rather useless test.

But if you want, we can try that one on "Running Hot" and see what happens.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No way does Rae+Krav beat 15 stingers without a screen; the stingers will be gunning down Raelin or engaging the Krav in no time.
That's why I said +SOMETHING but you can basically take anything (any melle qsuad with decent defense I mean)as a screen and you'll win most of times against Stingers, with no Ralein, no long range support, nothing.

Lol running hot, your infamous map where range has no chance, it's like a reverse "hot heights".

Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:07 PM

Yeah, they are reasonable builds but they are ideal matchups. Even switch them around, with TS/Krav/Raelin vs. M43s and Stingers vs. TS/Warden, and the results are 2 losses for the Skeletons. It's just not a good comparison.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs