Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 26th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Nite Owl ~~ Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
You did it with [redacted].

Would we have problems with changing it to bonding with Robin, then? Who takes the turn first, etc?
No we didn't. Separating a specific movement power =/= separating the attack phase or part of the attack phase.

I'm not sure what you're asking with your second question.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 10th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:59 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I mean do you take the turn with Nite Owl's partner first and then Robin? The other way around, or would you choose? I thought I had any bonding problems covered but if we don't like that, does it cause after-turn problems?
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:22 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You'd choose which went first, since they'd occur at the same time.

I think I have a solution for what's bothering me here, though, which works thematically as well. Your mention of [redacted] made me think of it.

The thing about [redacted], and a unit like the Hired Guns, is that they're only isolating certain phases on their cards. And, with the Hired Guns for instance, there are no powers on their card that cause clarity issues as to whether they trigger (no pun intended) or not. But with this guy (and the age old Colossus argument) the problem was that you were isolating the attack phase from an entire set of figures, including unknown future figures.

So my proposed solution is rather than having this power trigger when you reveal an OM on Nite-Owl, have it trigger when you reveal an OM on a different figure, and give Nite-Owl the bonus attack, separating his attack phase instead of Vigilantes in general. I don't believe there are any problems on his card that would cause trouble with FAQs or anything.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 10th, 2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:39 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

That could definitely work. Lemme see...

Original:
Quote:
VIGILANTE TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and attacking a figure with Nite Owl, you may attack the same figure with any other Vigilante you control, rolling 1 additional attack die.
Edit:
Quote:
VIGILANTE TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Vigilante card you control and attacking a figure with that Vigilante, you may attack the same figure with Nite Owl, rolling 1 additional attack die.
Or, if we still want to keep the bonus on the other figure...
Quote:
VIGILANTE TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Vigilante card you control, if Nite Owl is adjacent to an opponent's figure which the Vigilante is also adjacent to, you may add 1 to that Vigilante's attack and then immediately attack the same figure with Nite Owl.

I suck at wording, but hopefully ya'll get the picture.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:48 PM

To make this as uncomplicated as possible, how about ....

VIGILANTE TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Vigilante card you control and taking a turn with that Vigilante, you may attack any enemy figure adjacent to that Vigilante with Nite Owl, rolling 1 additional attack die.

Old July 26th, 2012, 12:50 PM
...has moist legs

I like keeping the restriction on attacking the same figure. When I made the power I had the end of the story in mind where Nite Owl and Rorschach are tag teaming the guy.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I like keeping the restriction on attacking the same figure. When I made the power I had the end of the story in mind where Nite Owl and Rorschach are tag teaming the guy.
We're not roleplaying here, though. I like it with a bit more tactical flexibility. You'd still end up tag teaming the same guy plenty, but I don't see where it'd be thematically or mechanically bad to open it up a bit more (and the wording is cleaner).

Old July 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
We're not roleplaying here, though. I like it with a bit more tactical flexibility. You'd still end up tag teaming the same guy plenty, but I don't see where it'd be thematically or mechanically bad to open it up a bit more (and the wording is cleaner).
Alrighty, sounds good.
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM

Sweet.

Now you just have to debate the other guys on the whole drop vs. grapple bit.

Old July 26th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I prefer the Grapple for simplicity but have never read the book nor seen the movie, so I'm not much help here.
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:32 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Dude, this direction for Vigilante Team-up is way better! I have always seen him as more of a timid version of Batman. Where Batman leads naturally, he is more of a follower. Attacking to help others works way better, IMO! Good job!!!

BTW, if you havent read the new Before Watchmen stuff, a big part of Dan taking over for Nightowl I was his development of Archie. I really think a Drop/ re-Drop power is the way to go because who else would it work for? (In other words, its cool, its thematic, and its different; whats not to like?)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:36 PM

It'd work for [redacted].

It already works for [redacted].

No shortage of places to put that type of power if it doesn't end up here.

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 10th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library