Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old December 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
Heroscapers that are published authors

Well, It's come to my attention that we don't have a thread for this, and in the current dearth of news I thought it might be neat to have a thread for those of us here who are published authors... just in case some of our fellow members want to read our stuff or just for networking purposes.

Those of you in the industry know that "published" can be a touchy word. So, if your work is available to the public, post it here, but I'll keep this first page updated with ISBN-applied, available from major booksellers books here.

Please post links to your works, be they scholarly works, journal articles, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, Lulu.com, ebooks, or sermons. I'll try to keep the first post updated when I can.

General Fiction/Non-Fiction:

RageAngel (aka Paul Nowak)
The Way of the Christian Samurai (or read it free here)
Guerrilla Apologetics for Catholics
Guerrilla Apologetics for Life Issues
The Inconvenient Adventures of Uncle Chestnut

Mossman (aka David Wood)
Dourado
Cibola

Pumpkin King (aka Peter King)
The Stranger (short fiction)

ewabbie's wife (aka Barbara Littner David)
Cincinnati Trips with Kids (with photos by ewabbie)

Technical, Academic, and Specialized Writers:

Ryougabot
Foundations 3 (textbook)
Foundations 4 (textbook)

Ollie (aka M.A. Ollis)
Some cyclic solutions to the three table
Oberwolfach problem
(PDF, Academic Paper)

loborocket
Autodesk Manuals & Tutorials
Contributor to Mastering Revit Architecture 2010

Riggler (aka Todd Twilley)
Various News Reports

SuperflyTNT
Technical papers and Whitepapers

jbbnsmith
Various articles on biochemical engineering

Last edited by RageAngel; June 10th, 2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old December 4th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscapers that are published authors

In 2001 I co-authored a paper that was in
Bulk Solids Handling

I authored a chapter in Foundations 3 - The practical Resource for total Dust and Material Control
ISBN 0-9717121-0-7

I then was one of the 5 main authors of the Foundations 4
book
ISBN 978-0-9717121-1-9
Both Foundations books are textbooks used in the bulk solids industry

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old December 4th, 2008, 09:37 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Cool! I didn't know we had a few authors here! I'm going to have to recommend Mossman's book to my mom, as she loves the Dirk Pitt novels.

And I was looking over the reviews on your Christian Samurai book, Rage, and you got some idiots leaving reviews! I wanted to report him for not knowing what a samurai, or a Christian was, but I don't have an account....

Good stuff, guys!
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

If by "published author" you mean, "an amateur fiction writer who scribbled something that just so happened to make its way onto a small online horror publication, where he got paid five dollars for it," then yes, I'm a published author.

Here's a link to the small bit of fiction I wrote. Keep in mind this is basically my copy of the story, but online; it's not officially "on the website" quite yet.
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Not the most exciting piece of work, but you asked for scholarly contributions. Among my papers, this one has the advantages of being available online and needing probably the fewest prerequisites to read: an undergrad course in graph theory or combinatorics should be plenty; one in discrete math might do if you happened to hit the right topics. And, like most authors, I'm willing to talk (and talk and talk) about it if you have questions.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:07 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

My work does not have an ISBN number or anyhting, but I do work as a "writer" professionally. I work on the team that writes tutorials and help files for Autodesk AEC software products. The manuals I have contributed mostly to are Revit Architecture 2009 Tutorials, Revit Architecture 2009 Help files, Revit Architecture Families Guide.

Since others have posted download links here is mine:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...12&id=11091739

Though you really would have no reason to look at this stuff unless you are trying to learn how to use Revit Architecture.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo

Last edited by loborocket; January 5th, 2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

The heroscapers.com Collected Works, is shaping up to be quite a varied read! I'm sure we can get a publisher interested...
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I have an array of Technical Bulletins and proprietary guides that I wrote while working for Alpha Metals as well as some white papers that may be available at Alpha Metals' website. Most of them have to do with paste realease and stencil guidelines as it relates to their UP78 and LR725 products, but I did design their 'Horizons' stencil software just before leaving the company.

Woodie Hoo.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old January 6th, 2009, 11:12 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Thousands of my articles have been published in daily newspapers as I was a reporrter for almost 10 years. Some articles are not availalbe via the web as some sites require subscriptions to view, one newspaper folded recently (the first one I worked at), and electronic archives were not ported over when the sites updated their formats. But if you google "By Todd Twilley" you will find a sampling -- mostly of articles posted on sites other than the newspapers where they were originally published.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My new book is titled Cibola. Here's a bit about it:

1539- In a remote Spanish outpost, one man holds the secret to the greatest treasure and deadliest secret in human history. Utah, Present Day Cave paintings in a newly-discovered Indian site provide evidence that Christ visited the New World. Or do they? Dane Maddock returns in another unforgettable adventure! When Dane rescues beautiful archaeologist Jade Ihara , he joins her on asearch for the legendary Seven Cities of Cibola. Cibola takes the reader on a journey across the American southwest, where the ruins of the mysterious Anasazi hide deadly secrets, and foes lurk around every corner. Dane and his partner "Bones" Bonebrake must decipher clues from the fabled Copper Scroll, outwit their enemies, and be the first to unlock the secret of Cibola.

"Ancient cave paintings? Cities of gold? Secret scrolls? Sign me up! Cibola is a twisty tale of adventure and intrigue that never lets up and never lets go!"
Robert Masello, author of Blood and Ice, Vigil, and Bestiary

"Cibola by David Wood is a page-turning yarn blending high action, Biblical speculation, ancient secrets, and nasty creatures. Indiana Jones better watch his back!"
Jeremy Robinson, author of KRONOS and ANTARKTOS RISING

"With the thoroughly enjoyable way David Wood has mixed speculative history with our modern day pursuit of truth, he has created a story that thrills and makes one think beyond the boundaries of mere fiction and enter the world of 'why not'? Cibola is a worthy tale!"
David Lynn Golemon, Author of Event--Legend--Ancients and Leviathan

"In Cibola, David Wood creates a tale evoking James Bond and Indiana Jones, bursting with action and intrigue. History is turned on its head in this gripping tale of sects, secrets and double-crosses. With mesmerising treasures in beautiful locations, beautiful women and rugged heroes, mysticism and mystery, Wood spins a yarn that keeps the pages turning."
Alan Baxter, Author of RealmShift,and MageSign

Official release date is Tuesday, March 17, though Amazon has already made it available for sale.

Old March 11th, 2009, 11:23 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

SSSSSSSSSSWEEEEEEEEEEEET! WE HAVE PROFESSIONAL AUTHORS ON HEROSCAPERS! ( *huff*... *hack*... *wheeze*...)
Old March 12th, 2009, 01:01 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been published a few times in Biochemical Engineering journals. The most significant article was based on my masters thesis and was entitled "Simultaneous Control of Dissolved Oxygen and Dissolved Carbon Dioxide at Constant Shear in a Plant Cel Bioreactor." Riveting stuff. I don't have the reference handy right now, but the publication is "Biotechnology & Bioengineering" and it was published around 1989-1990.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books