Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 19th, 2021, 04:08 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of War Machine (Avengers)

The Book of War Machine (Avengers)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 43
EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Invincible Iron Man set.
Its model number and name are #029b / War Machine.

Character Bio - James "Rhodey" Rhodes is Tony Stark's personal pilot and one of the playboy's oldest friends. Rhodes also known as Rhodey has often donned the Iron Man mantle when the burden has been too much for his friend, but has also established his own identity as the War Machine and Iron Patriot. He has gone on to be a reliable member of several incarnations of the Avengers. -Comic Vine

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q - How do you determine if a friendly figure with an Avenger Marker on its card can attack normally, for the purpose of adding to War Machine's Avengers Attack Plan special power?
  • A - Each figure would follow the normal process and rules to determine if they are able to add to his attack dice. This includes accounting for their Range number, engagement, clear sight, and any additional opposing special power qualifications as they would normally face if it were them attacking the defending figure with a normal attack.

Examples:
    (1) If they aren't engaged with the defending figure and they are engaged with a different figure, then they would not be able to attack the defending figure unless they specifically have a special power that allows them to do so, thus they would not add to War Machine's attack.

(2) If they are unengaged but only have a Range number of 1, and no special powers that can add to their Range number, they would not be able to attack the defending figure, thus they would not add to War Machine's attack.

(3) They are engaged with the defending figure but they are also engaged with a figure that has Daring Decoy, which would prevent them from attacking the defending figure, they would not be able to attack the defending figure, thus they would not add to War Machine's attack.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • War Machine's Assembled Avenger Attack and Armored Allies has synergy with figures with an Avenger Marker and figures named Iron Man.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; February 11th, 2022 at 03:53 PM.
Old September 19th, 2021, 04:09 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of War Machine (Avengers) (Breathing)

NAME = WAR MACHINE
SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES RHODES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 260

ASSEMBLED AVENGER ATTACK
At the start of the game, place a white Avenger Marker on the card of a friendly Unique Hero. When attacking normally, you may roll one additional attack die for each friendly figure with an Avenger Marker on its card or that is named Iron Man, that could also attack the defending figure with a normal attack, to a maximum of +4.

ARMORED ALLIES
Before War Machine or a friendly figure named Iron Man takes a turn, you may move the other up to 4 spaces.

AIR ASSAULT 12
After moving War Machine, you may choose up to 2 figures he passed over. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure. If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.

POWER ARMOR: CLOAKING
If there are 2 or fewer Wound Markers on this card, War Machine is never attacked when leaving an engagement and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by Arkham; September 25th, 2021 at 12:28 AM.
Old September 19th, 2021, 04:25 PM

I'll likely alter the Cloaking to "two or fewer Wound Markers", as fewer than 2 wounds is pretty strict there to keep that power working.
Old September 19th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Seems reasonable.
Old September 19th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Looks good! I really like Armored Avengers. It'll be nice to have a War Machine that's a good Iron Man partner.
Old September 19th, 2021, 05:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The nice part is most Iron Man units are fairly long ranged, so he'll naturally be a decent pairing for Avengers Attack Plan.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 19th, 2021, 08:33 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

"a figure named Iron Man" in the second power. Also to work with other players I think it would need to be like "Before Warmachine or a friendly figure named Iron Man takes a turn" or something technically? You're not taking a turn with your teammate's Iron Man, but the current wording makes it seem dependent on you taking the turn.

--

"for each friendly figure with an Avenger Marker on its card that could also attack the defending figure." Seems pretty vague/potentially problematic to me.

Like what exactly does that mean? They obviously can't attack during his turn. So I guess it means something like each friendly dude that has that person in their range? I guess also including their special attack range if it's supposed to go with Iron Man.

Is it also factoring in engagement / clear sight? Things like daring decoy?
What about something that can potentially stop someone from attacking but isn't automatic?

What about attacks that have area effects? Does a Fireline style attack count even though the friendly couldn't normally hit the target without hitting a bunch of other dudes? What about a friendly that could only attack that figure by targeting an explosion style attack against someone next to that figure?

What about a figure that has a ranged attack they can only use once a round/game?

I hope you're ready for a bunch of R&Cs / to field plenty of Toyhandle questions.

Also you might want to put a cap on it (like +5) or something. Not really an issue in most games, but it could be a bit much in bigger point games / I don't think we really want to encourage people to find weird exploits with a bunch of filler dudes?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 19th, 2021, 09:06 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah I wondered about a cap too though getting Avenger markers on all those fillers is at least another hoop to jump through.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 19th, 2021, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
"a figure named Iron Man" in the second power. Also to work with other players I think it would need to be like "Before Warmachine or a friendly figure named Iron Man takes a turn" or something technically? You're not taking a turn with your teammate's Iron Man, but the current wording makes it seem dependent on you taking the turn.

I hope you're ready for a bunch of R&Cs / to field plenty of Toyhandle questions.

Also you might want to put a cap on it (like +5) or something. Not really an issue in most games, but it could be a bit much in bigger point games / I don't think we really want to encourage people to find weird exploits with a bunch of filler dudes?
Don't think I need to worry about toyhandle when you're already on top of it with these questions. So good job there.

I don't think a cap is necessary, as it's already once per round, dependent on if they could attack(accounts for range, engagement, and clear sight etc.), and if they have an Avenger Marker(which relies on having the markers, the amount of figures, and excludes Common filler spam). If you somehow manage to pull off a +8 or something, cool, you've given yourself an attack of 12 for that one attack this round. I see that as an achievement rather than an issue.

No issue on my end clarifying some wording on those 2 instances you brought up.
Quote:
ARMORED AVENGERS
Before War Machine or a friendly figure named Iron Man takes a turn, you may move the other up to 4 spaces.
That should solve that one.

As for all the clarifications/questions on Avengers Attack Plan:
Quote:
Like what exactly does that mean?
Beyond the "they can't attack on his turn" aspect, the simplest answer is the correct one. If it were their turn, would they be able to attack that figure?
Quote:
Is it also factoring in engagement / clear sight?
Yes, they would need to account for that to determine if they could attack.
Quote:
Things like daring decoy?
Yes, they would need to account for that to determine if they could attack.
Quote:
What about something that can potentially stop someone from attacking but isn't automatic?
Yes, if it's something the opponent could do to block the attack, that could and should be accounted for.
Quote:
What about attacks that have area effects? Does a Fireline style attack count even though the friendly couldn't normally hit the target without hitting a bunch of other dudes?

What about a friendly that could only attack that figure by targeting an explosion style attack against someone next to that figure?

What about a figure that has a ranged attack they can only use once a round/game?
This is where a little bit of extra clarification could come in handy. I think just adding a "attack normally" qualifier would help avoid a lot of these extra odd cases.
Quote:
AVENGERS ATTACK PLAN
At the start of the game, place a white Avenger Marker on the card of a friendly Unique Hero. Once per round, when War Machine attacks normally, you may roll one additional attack die for each friendly figure with an Avenger Marker on its card that could also attack the defending figure normally.
This would make it clearer on who can vs. who can't. Range, Engagement, Clear Sight being the main factors outside of your uncommon defensive specials that might disqualify them.
Old September 19th, 2021, 10:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I feel like a cap is needed (even if it is something like +5-6) there for no other reason than testing logistics and team games. With the "friendly" tag in there it will be substantially easier to get more bonuses in a team game than in a regular 1v1 game. So it may feel pretty stacked in a team game for his points than in non team games. And the avenger (as with JL) are so fun and geared with team games as a conscience idea.

Other than that minor thing I think this looks like a cool design and more active than War Machine 1

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; September 19th, 2021 at 10:29 PM.
Old September 19th, 2021, 10:26 PM

Old September 19th, 2021, 10:28 PM

Just for my own clarification, "attack the defending figure normally" means "attack the defending figure with a normal attack," right?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library