Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2020, 01:14 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Diplomacy

Another request, everyone gets randomly assigned a country.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 01:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'd rather leave minor deadlines as 24 hours with press. When Calhamer wrote those rules, I expect it was with the idea that minor phase communication in a face-to-face game would slow everything down too much. In PBEM, which is essentially what this is, I don't think it slows down the game.

I do very much like the idea of random power assignment, though. Thoughts on that?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 3rd, 2020, 01:51 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like no press and random powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 3rd, 2020, 01:57 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

No press and Random here.

Old November 3rd, 2020, 03:24 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Having not played before, I will go with whatever the consensus is. Really looking forward to playing. I bought the latest version off eBay for $20 new with shipping, broke it open and set it up to learn the rules. At the end of the rules for this version, there is a 4 turn tutorial (obviously no negotiating) which has been very helpful in learning the mechanics and the map. It's set up on the dining room table now, but I cleaned up a dedicated space with a table in the basement "war room" so it can stay out during our game.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 04:06 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I will abstain from power selection. I prefer random, but I'm sympathetic to new players learning about and wanting an 'easier' play nation.

I don't feel strongly about the press during retreats/builds. I have found that for myself a lot of discussion goes on during that time, and the more I think about it I don't know if it makes it better that I have to cram that discussion into the seasonal discussions if we eliminate it. I suspect most people will just gloss over it the build possibilities.

Besides it being in the original rules, what would the main reason for doing this be?
Old November 3rd, 2020, 04:08 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Feel free to ask me questions about the rules or whatever. You will see, if you haven't seen already, that the game mechanics are quite simple. The game is abstract, in that there are no randomizing elements.

Speaking of abstract games, Diplomacy is like chess: It is, as the old proverb goes, "a sea in which a gnat may drink and an elephant may bathe." You may find some interest in this Library of Openings. Or not. Up to you. There is a *lot* out there to digest, for the interested reader.

= =
Old November 3rd, 2020, 04:09 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

. . . still waiting on the check-in from @Ranior .

= =
Old November 3rd, 2020, 04:27 PM

Ill respond later with reasonings.

Old November 3rd, 2020, 04:29 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Feel free to ask me questions about the rules or whatever. You will see, if you haven't seen already, that the game mechanics are quite simple. The game is abstract, in that there are no randomizing elements.

Speaking of abstract games, Diplomacy is like chess: It is, as the old proverb goes, "a sea in which a gnat may drink and an elephant may bathe." You may find some interest in this Library of Openings. Or not. Up to you. There is a *lot* out there to digest, for the interested reader.
Great, thanks DS. Will definitely check these out.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 04:40 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Besides it being in the original rules, what would the main reason for doing this be?
Besides it moving things along faster, it allows mistakes to be made and alliances to break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 3rd, 2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Besides it moving things along faster, it allows mistakes to be made and alliances to break.
Great reason!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games