Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 7th, 2019, 04:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Midnighter (Public Playtesting)

I second Margloth's concerns about the base attack. 5 base attack + auto skull is basically an attack of 7 (Superman level), plus you can reduce defense by 1 a bunch of the time too. That is all before we start talking about stat boosting him. Not as concerned about the 7 life due to his defense only being 4. The 50% shields is defiantly nice, but he's still capped out at 4 shields total and should roll a few skulls often enough that 3-4 skull attacks should get through and chip him down. So reducing the base attack by 1 would be my vote.
Old April 7th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Decided to rerun the game twice, once with lowered life, once with lowered attack. Again, 2 losses here, but the damage output is probably a lot more reasonable with the Fan 4 not losing Mr F fast and managing to stay out of engagement pretty well.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Midnighter
Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Midnighter (@6 Life), Puck, Captain America, Professor Zoom vs Mister Fantastic, Thing, Human Torch, Invisible Woman
Unit Summary
Damage: 3 wounds dealt with normal attack.
Abilities: Predictive Combat Rolls: 1-5 0, 6+ 3, 16+ 1, 21+ 1
Computed Response Damage: 1
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Midnighter (@4 Attack), Puck, Captain America, Professor Zoom vs Mister Fantastic, Thing, Human Torch, Invisible Woman
Unit Summary
Damage: 4 wounds dealt with normal attack.
Abilities: Predictive Combat Rolls: 1-5 0, 6+ 2, 16+ 0, 21+ 1
Computed Response Damage: 0
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: We definitely saw a better showing in game 1 with the lowered life. I think it is easy to feel some sway in his stats with the presence of Cap in these games, but I would lean slightly toward maybe keeping the attack up? I tried to record most of his rolls here for tracking purposes, but he’s still 0 for 3 against the Fantastic 4. He’s not got the synergy yet to shine, but can still do considerable damage with some lucky dice.

After these, I'm gonna say that if people want a change, I'm feeling life. Five plus one automatic is just one over Batman III. And given he's a superpowered Batman, I don't inherently have a problem with it, unless he's actually coming in above 280, which I don't feel like I'm seeing. But, I may be missing something that is bringing that feeling, and would love feedback on that. This design is definitely helping me learn more and more about designing!

EDIT: Probably the important point of clarity is that he's only adding one skull the majority of the time. 45% of the time he's subtracting IF the other person has moved, which is actually an issue more often than you might expect, which drops him to just 25% of the time. I was rarely hitting those numbers in my games, typically just getting the +1.

Last edited by LordVenoc; April 7th, 2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old April 7th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

The obvious difference to me is that Batman III can’t subtract defense dice or negate special powers. Obviously he’s not hitting those as consistently but the difference between the two is clearly a lot greater than 1 attack die.

I don’t have much preference either way. Both his life and attack are practically Superman levels so it seems like either could drop fairl easily without losing the theme.
Old April 7th, 2019, 08:02 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
The obvious difference to me is that Batman III can’t subtract defense dice or negate special powers. Obviously he’s not hitting those as consistently but the difference between the two is clearly a lot greater than 1 attack die.

I don’t have much preference either way. Both his life and attack are practically Superman levels so it seems like either could drop fairl easily without losing the theme.
Completely true, and I hope it didn't come off like I felt it needed to stay that way because of the comparison. His abilities are where the theme lies. If the stats need to drop to keep him at this range (which I find appropriate), its no problem for me.

I just don't want to be too reactionary when he's 2 for 7 right now.
Old April 7th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hmm, I think your comment on synergy rings loudest. It may be time to propose a cost and put this On Hold until Solar gets into testing.
Then we can tweak him up if need be once we see them in action.
Old April 7th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Book Wyrm

I'd be fine going On Hold now. I had originally planned to do that after a second tester, but this was obviously before I ran two more games. Would the heroes find it appropriate to go this route, or would we like to see one more tester before that?

I think with the recent work done in Public Design thread Apollo's early stages will go smoothly.

Also, side note, find it funny you gave the name of an old Valiant character there by mistake.
Old April 7th, 2019, 08:37 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I think its be smart to save it till after we have both.
Old April 7th, 2019, 08:44 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I think its be smart to save it till after we have both.
Does this mean save the test until Apollo is testing as well?

@Scapemage
@Ronin
@johnny139

It had been discussed before loosely, but would like an official ruling on this approach. I've got the points and think Apollo is in a solid place so he can hit the ground running. I'd like to propose putting this guy on hold, and when cleared by you guys, start Apollo.

If you all want to go a different route, feel free to say.
Old April 7th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

If we're going with the 'on hold' approach, he should be in editing before we do that.

Tests aren't linked in the OP, but it looks like we've only got two people (johnny in the initial and you in the public) with hands-on so far? I'd want another tester before I was comfortable moving him into editing.
Old April 7th, 2019, 09:09 PM
Book Wyrm

Tests are linked now. I wasn't sure if on hold was something to happen in testing or in editing, but I have no point to compare it to for that information.

If that is indeed the consensus, we can carry on at 6 life, which is updated in the SP.
Old April 7th, 2019, 09:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, one more test looks in order. Trying to jump the gun a bit.
Old April 7th, 2019, 10:13 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, one more set of tests to get some fresh eyes on it. Assuming there's no issues presented we should probably be good to go, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library