Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 20th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

It does seem like a simple first Doctor might be the way to start. He could have regenerative healing powers but you could save the actual changing into another Doctor for second Doctor and after.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 20th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It does seem like a simple first Doctor might be the way to start. He could have regenerative healing powers but you could save the actual changing into another Doctor for second Doctor and after.
Yeah, I'm not familiar really, but I had the same thought. Design Doctor 1 sans regeneration, then later Doctors can handle the regeneration thing.
Old August 20th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I'm not familiar really, but I had the same thought. Design Doctor 1 sans regeneration, then later Doctors can handle the regeneration thing.
Yup, I'd DEFINITELY do Gen 1 first and then it doesn't particularly matter much after that, except for the 13th gen IMHO.

"War" would be a fun one to design I think...
Old August 20th, 2018, 12:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't know any of these Doctors so I can't comment. I'm probably just being grumpy towards Doctor's in general because I just had one of those men "after 40" checkups and the random lottery of which doctor ended up with me having a female doctor that seemed to enjoy the exam a bit more than I'd appreciate...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 20th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Tenth Doctor is my favorite. Favorite companion? Craig.
Clearly a fake fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
...No one will top the 4th Doctor ever.
My favorite Companion is Dido, who was the first addition to the 1st Doctor...
I don't want to put words in your mouth, but is that a vote for starting with the 4th Doctor?

I don't think I've ever heard somebody say Dodo is their favorite. I do think she's underrated, it seems like a lot of fans just write her off as replacement Susan.
Quote:
I'd be okay with that, but a 1st Doctor is going to look pretty different power-wise. No Sonic, not really much of a runner, etc.

I do have some questions about posting my designs for DW in here. I have my own thread for DW customs that I'm working on, and basically everything I'll be posting here would be the same as there. These are my takes on how these characters should work. I understand C3G is a collaborative process and whatever the end product is may not be my vision, so I kind of want to have a place where I can keep control of how I think these characters should be presented, if possible. I just want to understand if it's kosher for me to continue posting very similar designs in both places, and if it's okay for me to take advice from this thread and apply it to my personal designs (such as changing Spanner because you guys say it's OP.)
Old August 20th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't have a problem with it so long as you don't mind our taking ideas brainstormed here and running them as C3G designs if you decide not to.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 20th, 2018, 12:41 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Tenth Doctor is my favorite. Favorite companion? Craig.
Clearly a fake fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
...No one will top the 4th Doctor ever.
My favorite Companion is Dido, who was the first addition to the 1st Doctor...
I don't want to put words in your mouth, but is that a vote for starting with the 4th Doctor?

I don't think I've ever heard somebody say Dodo is their favorite. I do think she's underrated, it seems like a lot of fans just write her off as replacement Susan.
Quote:
I'd be okay with that, but a 1st Doctor is going to look pretty different power-wise. No Sonic, not really much of a runner, etc.

I do have some questions about posting my designs for DW in here. I have my own thread for DW customs that I'm working on, and basically everything I'll be posting here would be the same as there. These are my takes on how these characters should work. I understand C3G is a collaborative process and whatever the end product is may not be my vision, so I kind of want to have a place where I can keep control of how I think these characters should be presented, if possible. I just want to understand if it's kosher for me to continue posting very similar designs in both places, and if it's okay for me to take advice from this thread and apply it to my personal designs (such as changing Spanner because you guys say it's OP.)
Designs for C3G would likely get changed and modified some. In the past we only ever asked that if you LD a figure for C3G you just take down the figure in your thread unless it's different.

What we do frown on is you workshopping a design in here for your personal customs...we'd like this area to be for use in creating C3G cards.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 20th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Also, you can pick a post here and have it linked to the OP and then just update it when a new design is added.

P.S. my current favorite doctor is either 9 or 12 and favorite companion is a toss up between Rose and Oswald (admittedly I only got to watch a few episodes of classic who before Netflix dropped it).
Old August 20th, 2018, 01:02 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I don't have a problem with it so long as you don't mind our taking ideas brainstormed here and running them as C3G designs if you decide not to.
No problem with you taking my ideas at all! I want C3G to be able to create the best possible designs and I'm honored if my ideas are part of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Designs for C3G would likely get changed and modified some. In the past we only ever asked that if you LD a figure for C3G you just take down the figure in your thread unless it's different.

What we do frown on is you workshopping a design in here for your personal customs...we'd like this area to be for use in creating C3G cards.
Okay, so I guess I'll continue doing what I'm doing for now and reassess if I one day end up LDing one of these. If anyone sees me doing anything that's considered out of line, please let me know.

One worry I have is that advice and adjustments given here are naturally going to be stuck in my mind when I work on my versions, but my intent is absolutely not to just grift off this thread for my own purposes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Also, you can pick a post here and have it linked to the OP and then just update it when a new design is added.
I do have a link in the OP to a post where I keep all my designs. I need to go in and update it with the Doctor and Sonic Screwdriver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
P.S. my current favorite doctor is either 9 or 12 and favorite companion is a toss up between Rose and Oswald (admittedly I only got to watch a few episodes of classic who before Netflix dropped it).
You're really missing out man. It's a shame the Twitch stream ended, that was a really fun free way for people to watch Classic Who. Has anyone here ever listened to the Big Finish audio dramas?
Old August 20th, 2018, 01:04 PM
A Man of Taste

@MrNobody

If you are in good faith workshopping these with the intent of creating C3G versions then you shouldn't have any issues.

Old August 20th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Yup. The key is really just to differentiate the designs. Back when I became a part of C3G it was a requirement to have your own design thread before you could actually design here and I really just wanted to design here so I used it to sort of fine tune my ideas and then eventually dropped it, but I did take some of my ideas from there and run with them here, it was just noted that I needed to differentiate the designs in some manner.
Old August 20th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Just A Head

So if we were to start with 1 Doctor (or at least 2 as Tornado pointed out), which ones? More popular ones like Three, Four, and the New Who ones, or start with One and work that way? I will say that I like the idea of having the more "lunchbox" versions of the Doctor show up first, and then have the rest of them follow. When people think of Doctor Who, they think of a guy running around waving a sonic screwdriver around and spitting quips, and that's not what a 1st Doctor design should be like.
EDIT: I think it's also important to factor in minis. The Warlord Games collections I linked way back contains One, Four, Five, Ten, Eleven, and Twelve. That seems to be the best bet at 30mm, but I haven't been able to find where to buy them or the price.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy