Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 19th, 2019, 10:21 AM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart
Where do you guys find people to play

First off, OMG does it feel weird to be back here.

But more importantly, I recently moved and came across my Heroscape stuff and was like man these were the days. I had moved on and started playing Warhammer to get my miniatures fix but somehow Heroscape would always come up in tabletop discussion. Its had to have almost 10 years since I've touched this beautiful game and long to play it again. My only question is how do you find people to play, I know that online thing exists but it just doesn't scratch that itch enough. Anybody around the Ft Wayne, IN area that plays?

Alderaan shot first
Old March 19th, 2019, 10:28 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Where do you guys find people to play

I'd say check the Meet Other Scapers Tab. Seems like a good start. See if your area has other players. Next I would check the Events tab to see if anything is going on nearby.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Last edited by itsbuzzi; March 19th, 2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old March 20th, 2019, 11:33 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

There's a tournament coming up in a couple of weekends in Dayton, Ohio. I've got a group driving in from Ann Arbor which is 3 hours away. You're only 2 hours away in Fort Wayne. Hop in the car and join us!

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55148
Old March 21st, 2019, 12:10 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Join the cult that is competitive play.

You’ll never want to leave Scape again.

But seriously, it will be fun! Plus, a couple Clevelanders will be there!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 21st, 2019, 11:08 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
There's a tournament coming up in a couple of weekends in Dayton, Ohio. I've got a group driving in from Ann Arbor which is 3 hours away. You're only 2 hours away in Fort Wayne. Hop in the car and join us!

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55148
Yup. That's not a bad drive at all. Do this! And welcome back!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 27th, 2019, 09:36 AM

I wouldn't even know where to beign with a tournament lol. I know you all have custom models now that you all agree as legal that i know nothing about lol

Alderaan shot first
Old March 27th, 2019, 09:53 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They fit right in with the ones you have. That’s no reason to stay away. The new ones aren’t better than yours; they’re just different. Anyway, the point is to go and play and be with people. Right?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 27th, 2019, 10:01 AM

Sounds good, how often are events done out in ohio? Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make this one.

Alderaan shot first
Old March 27th, 2019, 05:54 PM

Big Oldprankster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archkyrie11 View Post
Sounds good, how often are events done out in ohio? Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make this one.
They try to schedule something once a month. A lot of the group here went to the Ann Harbor tournament a few weeks back and had an excellent time. Both areas put on a very nice event!
Old March 28th, 2019, 07:06 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archkyrie11 View Post
First off, OMG does it feel weird to be back here.

But more importantly, I recently moved and came across my Heroscape stuff and was like man these were the days. I had moved on and started playing Warhammer to get my miniatures fix but somehow Heroscape would always come up in tabletop discussion. Its had to have almost 10 years since I've touched this beautiful game and long to play it again. My only question is how do you find people to play, I know that online thing exists but it just doesn't scratch that itch enough. Anybody around the Ft Wayne, IN area that plays?
I was in the same boat as you my friend! Last summer I got back into HS again after like 12 years! I too feared that I would have nobody to play it with but I thought, wth.. I'll just start collecting all the pieces that I sold off again and hope for the best. Fast forward 8 months later, and we're now hosting local tournaments with good turnouts! This site is amazing. Start by posting adds in the "Meet Other Scapers" section. Also, try posting at boardgamegeek.com and dare I say... Craigslist. Oh, there's also a great HS facebook page. I've found a few local players and beyond through that page alone. Good luck on your quest. Btw, I live Dayton, OH. and our next tournament is Sat April 6th! Be cool if you can make the drive.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion