Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old April 19th, 2016, 07:04 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker
Blood & Plunder

I am getting excited for this. just started
Love the battle/initiative system, the ships, the minis, all of it. it's all true

Last edited by Jim; May 16th, 2016 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Cleaned up sublect line.
Old April 19th, 2016, 08:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Blood & Plunder

@Cyber Controler , I just checked this out today, Unfortunately I am not sold on it like I am sold on
. Rum and Bones second tide. Way, Way more stuff in the box and seems like its not as action packed as Rum and bones as well. I did almost back it. The stretch goals didn't seem to give out as much stuff as R&B 2nd tide either.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 19th, 2016, 11:14 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

I basically had to decide between these two and R&B was a little to much fantasy/cartoony(says someone that plays heroscape) and I like the historical accuracy of B&P(although it will end up costing me a hell of a lot more) Although I will probably end up getting R&B from Amazon on a later date, I notice you can get the first set for a good price.
Old April 19th, 2016, 11:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: <span class="th_cat2"></span>Blood & Plunder

That looks incredible. But I'd want a bunch of ships and playmats for it to be worthwhile, and then you're getting into $500+ territory. I can get a looot of other games for that much scratch.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 16th, 2016, 06:59 PM

Re: <span class="th_cat2"></span>Blood & Plunder

kickstarter ends soon. anyone else getting in on this?
Old May 23rd, 2017, 06:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I saw this at Adepticon a few months ago in Schaumberg, IL. The game looks awesome for sure, but as Bats mentioned, it will be expensive. The picture is the demo for the sea portion of the game, they also had a small table for the land portion. Beasts of War recently had a really neat table set up for this a week or so ago, where they had a massive 4x6 sea and land setup.

I'm already into some miniatures games that I've spent a lot on, as well as time in painting the minis and terrain. Halo Ground Command, Frostgrave, Sergeants Miniatures Game and I just backed The Drowned Earth. So as much as I'd like another cool game, I really can't justify it, and am running out of room to store what I already have

If you do get it Cyber Controller, I look forward to hearing about it and seeing plenty of pictures.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 24th, 2017, 08:32 PM

we did end up getting it. have played a dozen or so land battles haven't ventured into the sea at all. the minis are beautiful and fun to paint. the game system is simple enough but still deep enough with out being gamesworkshopy. I'll try to gather some photos and post them.
Old May 24th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Awesome!

Seems like it did well on kickstarter, so that's a good thing.

Old May 25th, 2017, 06:23 PM

their next kickstarter starts on the 21st of June! new units, ships, and awesomeness.
you can get a pretty great deal on the starter sets. http://www.firelockgames.com/
also Miniature Market carries it. if you have the budget and at least one other person to play with I'd get two of the starter sets which should get you pretty far.
Old June 21st, 2017, 07:42 PM

New kickstarter!
Old June 21st, 2017, 07:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

I so want to get into this system, but really can't now. They have a series about it on Beasts of War and I've been keeping an eye out for other things to watch about it.

Main issue for me now is that I've spent a lot of time and money on Frostgrave and will get my 5th game of it this coming Saturday, so that's good. I have 3 games in with one of my daughters and will have had one 3 player and will have a 2 player with my buddy Chris.

I've also gotten into Guild Ball, and still need to paint those and get that to the table. Hopefully Saturday after Frostgrave I'll get my first real game in of it.

A lot of money and time put into Halo Ground Command, with more figures yet to paint and need to get it played more.

Have The Drowned Earth coming in next spring/summer and want to get into that.

That said, The Drowned Earth is jungle type setting, and the upcoming spinoff of Frostgrave is set in tropical settings as well. So I will be starting to collect some tropical terrain for those systems, as well as perhaps a neoprene water mat. That will make it easier at some point to get into Blood and Plunder, as the terrain is half the battle.

Perhaps next year, if I can drum up some interest from my gaming buddies, I can take the plunge and at least get a couple of the 25 (I believe) soldier factions and the rulebook etc.

The other downside now, is that my buddy Jeff is getting his Sword and Sorcery kickstarter in soon (maybe this week) and asked me if I can paint some, at least 20, of the minis for it. Then, he plans on buying into the Fallout Wasteland Warfare minis system when it comes out and wants me to paint stuff for that.

Oye! I wish I were retired and had all the time I want to do all the things I want/need to do

Old June 21st, 2017, 08:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

This is a great video of gameplay

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures