Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old May 31st, 2011, 11:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Gencon 2011 Main Event Fantasy Contest

TO MAKE AN ENTRY, PM BROWNSFAN82. Your entry is not official until Brownsfan82 confirms it.

Hey all,

Since the championship has already sold out, I figure we may as well start hashing out who's playing and what their points values should be.

We will have prize support.

To allow for the grade inflation that naturally happens during the pre-pick discussion, I've raised the points allowed from 70 to 80. Other than that, I've kept the rules the same:
Spoiler Alert!

The main point of having his up right now is to try to get the players list right, and to discuss/refine/trashtalk the points values for the players.

Here's what I have right now. I've included everyone in the "who's going" thread, plus anyone else I know for sure is going. Points are carryovers from 2010, or 2009 for those who weren't there in 2010.
  1. Arcus 15
  2. Bamoguy 5
  3. brownsfan82 25
  4. Carter (Ninja Dust's friend) 5
  5. Charr21 5
  6. Clarissimus 30
  7. Cleon 25
  8. CornPuff 15
  9. CrazyAngel 5
  10. Deroche 15
  11. Djnayr 10
  12. dok 40
  13. Drumline3469 5
  14. fomox 20
  15. Grishnakh 5
  16. haplo 5
  17. Hendal 20
  18. Heroscaper314 10
  19. jacob_j_p 20
  20. jdtenor 10
  21. Jexik 30
  22. Jim 5
  23. Johngee 5
  24. jschild 15
  25. Juniour 5
  26. JUSTChris (fka Chris M) 10
  27. Kaboomboomboom 15
  28. kildawabit 15
  29. killergoat72 5
  30. lefton4ya 10
  31. Lonewolf 25
  32. Lord Trask 5
  33. ManTrainChooChoo 35
  34. Matthew (Harlax's Son) 5
  35. Matthias Maccabeus 35
  36. MattserTruckRally 35
  37. MegaSilver 15
  38. Mezrath 5
  39. Moxilla 15
  40. Mr Infidel 5
  41. Mr Migraine 10
  42. MrWookiee 5
  43. NecroBlade 20
  44. Newt 5
  45. Nicktheant 10
  46. Ninja Dust 5
  47. No, David, No 10
  48. Peteparkerh 5
  49. phrost 5
  50. Pickle4192 20
  51. Raider30 10
  52. Retlaw's son 5
  53. RollItOnTop 5
  54. R˙chean 30
  55. Scaper_Dude 20
  56. Schulzy 5
  57. Son of Grishnakh 5
  58. Son of Worldsenemy 5
  59. Son of Xaqery (David) 5
  60. Son of Xaqery (James) 5
  61. southwest ninja 20
  62. spider_poison 35
  63. Spidysox 15
  64. stay_golden_PONYBOY 10
  65. stubobj 10
  66. The Orange Mailman 5
  67. The lorax 10
  68. TheMind 5
  69. Tiny Timmy 25
  70. tom 20
  71. Tornado 10
  72. twotongues 10
  73. vminer 5
  74. Vydar's Warlord 5
  75. wdgrant 15
  76. weesel99 20
  77. WeeBaer 5
  78. Worldsenemy 5
  79. Worldturtle 15
  80. Xaqery (Dwight) 5
So, start at it. Useful posts include:

"Player X is not playing the main event; take him off the list"
"Player Y is playing the main event; add him/her to the list"
"Player Z should cost ### points"

Last edited by dok; August 2nd, 2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: score additions/updates
Old June 1st, 2011, 10:36 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Gencon 2011 Main Event Fantasy Contest

Assuming points totals remain the same, I'll take:

Matthias 35
fomox 20
brownsfan82 20
wdgrant 5
Necroblade

Old June 1st, 2011, 10:41 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am pretty sure that the first sentence of Dok's post reads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
ENTRIES ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED YET.
Old June 1st, 2011, 10:48 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
I am pretty sure that the first sentence of Dok's post reads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
ENTRIES ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED YET.
This word "reads" that you speak of...

Old June 1st, 2011, 11:17 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

To get the ball rolling, here's some thoughts:

Arcus 5->15
Arrow Grut 10
Cornpuff 20
DrLivingston 20
Necroblade 20
Peterparkerh 15
Tiny Timmy 15->20
wdgrant 5->20
Worldturtle 10->15
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd agree with the changes to wdgrant and Tiny Timmy. Both have excellent tournament skills and were Day 2 participants, as well as regular powerhouses in the local scene. IMHO tom should not be priced the same as Eternalthanos86. One has a looooong history of success and the other a very short one. To be priced the same means one is overpriced or the other is underpriced. I'd hope for the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:33 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'm a good player, as jschild, Deroche, Brownsfan, and NecroBlade can say.

I think I should be worth 10-15 pts, if I can make the points for myself.

Again, you can ask jschild, Deroche, Brownsfan and NecroBlade to come up for points for me.
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:45 AM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

That guy who won last year probably raised his stock 5-10 pts.

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar keep on giving.
I recommend everyone try Darth Vader's Massivescape suggestions.

Last edited by mrkurtb; June 1st, 2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Since we're accounting for inflation, I'm going with adding 10 pts.
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

See I'm not sure the point system will work as well this time. There's no way the army I'm bringing is worth 35 points. I'm taking this reverse the whip thing seriously and if I make day 2 with the army I'm bringing I want to own the house, so my day 1 army isn't going to be near as powerful as it could be. The way I'm looking at it is man if I make day 2 the championship is mine, and if I don't that's totally cool with me anyway because there's a dragon dice event I really want to play in Saturday morning.

And I know a few of the Nebraska Scapers have the same mind set.

Also JUSTchris and Raider30 are playing in the main event.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; June 1st, 2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Or I could be totally bluffing...
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:02 PM

I am planning the same way, Matthias, and I'm sure others are as well. However, the big points are for doing well on day 2, not for going 5-0 and losing in the first round on day 2. So I don't think this really misrepresents things. Some people are going to either go 2-3, or make a deep run on day 2. It's high risk, high reward, and that's fine.

Reverse The Whip normalizes for army strength, but the skills of the players still matter.

At any rate, if nobody thinks anyone is worth 30+ in this format, then we'll find that out and the prices of the most decorated players will go down.

I assume JUSTchris is Chris M, and therefore worth at least 15?

Last edited by dok; June 1st, 2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:22 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Hey dok, I'm not playing in the Main Event...so you can take me off the list.

-ZB, working this year instead of playing

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 1st, 2011, 02:44 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

These guys are not playing in the main event:

chaoschild
DrinkMoreGuiness
DrLivingston
grungebob
retlaw

DrL isn't even going. I'm looking over the list some more.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; June 1st, 2011 at 03:50 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games