Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 6th, 2018, 01:31 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Hey ghosts and ghouls! It's me!

So, regarding my disappearance. All my friends moved away, I didn't have anyone to play Heroscape with. On top of that, the last year has been insane politically, and I'm a political science major, so you know I'm keeping up with that. I drifted so far left that I'm now an anarchist, so that's cool. (side note, don't forget to vote tomorrow, my fellow adult Americans).

Also, since all of my friends left the state, I picked up Magic as an excuse to get out of the house for something other than work. Youtube randomly recommended a video about it, and I thought it looked cool. I played Yugioh as a kid, so I thought I'd try it. I got hooked. Long story short, I got distracted from my first love, Heroscape. Obviously, my absence has been felt, so I'll have to do more to make my presence known. Also, I'm a girl now, but I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with my disappearance, lol!

I'm still very interested in LD'ing Constantine. He and Static are the two designs I'm most attached to, so if we're still doing public design nominations then put him up and I'll be here every single day trying to get you all to vote for him. If it's not, then I'll just get the last 4 points I need to run him myself.

Either way, I'll probably be trying to show up more and putting my thoughts in on the interesting things going on here. I want to see Constantine designed, but like. If it's my design, I'd rather be the one to run it. No offense @MrNobody , but I put a lot of work into him. You're gonna have to seriously butter me up to pry him away. I like the suggestions though. Also, gotta respect the name. Love me some Doom Patrol! Glad to see the new faces around here!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old November 6th, 2018, 03:07 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post

So, regarding my disappearance. All my friends moved away, I didn't have anyone to play Heroscape with. On top of that, the last year has been insane politically, and I'm a political science major, so you know I'm keeping up with that. I drifted so far left that I'm now an anarchist, so that's cool. (side note, don't forget to vote tomorrow, my fellow adult Americans).

Also, since all of my friends left the state, I picked up Magic as an excuse to get out of the house for something other than work. Youtube randomly recommended a video about it, and I thought it looked cool. I played Yugioh as a kid, so I thought I'd try it. I got hooked. Long story short, I got distracted from my first love, Heroscape. Obviously, my absence has been felt, so I'll have to do more to make my presence known. Also, I'm a girl now, but I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with my disappearance, lol!

I'm still very interested in LD'ing Constantine. He and Static are the two designs I'm most attached to, so if we're still doing public design nominations then put him up and I'll be here every single day trying to get you all to vote for him. If it's not, then I'll just get the last 4 points I need to run him myself.

Either way, I'll probably be trying to show up more and putting my thoughts in on the interesting things going on here. I want to see Constantine designed, but like. If it's my design, I'd rather be the one to run it. No offense @MrNobody , but I put a lot of work into him. You're gonna have to seriously butter me up to pry him away. I like the suggestions though. Also, gotta respect the name. Love me some Doom Patrol! Glad to see the new faces around here!

Have you considered getting Tabletop Simulator and playing with people online? It is literally the only way I play Heroscape

What's up with claymation?
Old November 6th, 2018, 08:53 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Good to see you around, and cool to see another Poli Sci major out here.

No offense taken at all. It is your design! It’s just a character I think a few of us really want to see happen.
Old November 6th, 2018, 09:10 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:

Welcome back! I'd be more than happy to see you start up Constantine sooner rather than later. It sounds like there's a lot of people other than me interested in making Justice League Dark happen, and I'm ramping up to run Deadman as my next design. If you only need 4 more points, that's just two playtests, so we could very easily see this guy soon if you're interested. I'd heed Alexan's advice and give Tabletop Simulator or the Google Drive Online Heroscape method a shot and make it happen. I'd rally my support behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just to follow up on that last post, I am allowed to run two designs at once and I only currently have 1 design thread going so I do have an open slot with which I could launch his thread if you all decide that what you want me to do. I'll run it in the public so that everyone can continue to have input and so the design is released right away and thus can be used in future play testing.
How invested are you in the faction, YK? If laughing wants to run Constantine, is there another JLD member you'd be interested in? I'm also okay letting go of LD privileges for Deadman if you want to take what I've drawn up in my thread and run with it.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 6th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think the chances of lm running Constantine is pretty slim.
lm does not have enough points currently.
I would not wait on lm if someone has the desire to see this through. More than enough time has passed for lm to complete enough tests to be able to run an LD and that simply has never happened.
I see no reason to leave Constantine in perpetual limbo.
Old November 6th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Also, since all of my friends left the state, I picked up Magic as an excuse to get out of the house for something other than work. Youtube randomly recommended a video about it, and I thought it looked cool. I played Yugioh as a kid, so I thought I'd try it. I got hooked. Long story short, I got distracted from my first love, Heroscape.
Magic is great game, I've been addicted since my buddy taught my how to play in College.
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think the chances of lm running Constantine is pretty slim.
lm does not have enough points currently.
I would not wait on lm if someone has the desire to see this through. More than enough time has passed for lm to complete enough tests to be able to run an LD and that simply has never happened.
I see no reason to leave Constantine in perpetual limbo.
I don’t know if that’s fair. It’s her design after all. I think she deserves a small window of time to earn the points, at the very least.
But I also don’t think it’s fair for everybody else to be held back for months while waiting for lm.
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Perspective.
I am all for lm being active. I am not for the design being frozen indefinitely.
It is C3G's design. That is the deal when you post here.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:40 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

I'm sure LM can bang out a couple of tests relatively quickly to make up the points if she commits to it.

That's just my humble opinion as a c3g fan, of course.
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:40 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Glad things are going well for you l_m!

I'm in agreement with Tornado here. There's a long history with this design, and it's sat forever. Any of us can just pop in every so often and say "I want to make this character!" and expect to just have carte blanche indefinitely, but that's not fair to expect, and it's only making everyone else that likes the character wait for a day that may never come.

If l_m brought this design together a month ago for the first time, I'd feel differently. This was first brought up 3 years ago, and has sat for over a year. There's been other scenarios similar to this where eventually a Hero had to take the design and make it happen to have that character actually designed, otherwise it likely would have never happened. We've even had LDs start a design then completely disappear without notice, only for a Hero to have to take it across the finish line after the fact.

Point being, eventually you have to call a spade a spade. In a perfect world l_m would put in the time and effort to get the tests done ASAP and prove she wants to design him, and then he gets designed from start to finish with no hangups. But I don't see the tests happening, and I have concerns about the design having to be carried and pushed by a Hero to see it to the end even if it did get started.

All that said, I don't plan to design him, and I'm not going to force anything if you guys feel we should wait for l_m. I just feel bad if you want JLD synergy and one of the key prominent figures of the group may not come anytime soon.
Old November 6th, 2018, 01:29 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have to agree with T and Arkham here. If you look at l_m's ally points there is a long history of signing up for test and not doing them. I'm willing to believe that l_m has become more focused and responsible but l_m needs to show us that and I don't think something as big as a figure that has been workshopped multiple times by multiple people both public and in the sanctum is something that l_m can rightfully stick a flag in and claim.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 6th, 2018, 04:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

As mentioned before I don't know all that much about JLD, but I do have interest in a few of the individual members for other reasons. I've wanted to see Constantine get a card for a long time, but my interest in him was driven more by the single season of TV he got on NBC rather then due to a JLD related comic or cartoon (I think I saw one advertised once but maybe not).

Just a little backstory here, I've been working on Constantine on and off for a few years, Laughing was around more often back then and very passionate about the character so I was happy to just participate heavily rather then LD the design myself. We work shopped the design up in anticipation that it would get done for the Spells Rules release and I was ready and willing to launch the thread, but Laughing was a short on point back then, really wanted to be the LD on it, and vowed to knock out some tests and run the design so I moved on to other things for a few months planning on circling back around and running him myself if Laughing didn't come through. Months passed and Constantine never got started by Laughing, nor did he even collect the needed points, then I didn't get back around to him either for a variety of reasons so the Spells Rules were released without him. Those rules have been out for quite a while now (a year I think), so at this point I just want to see him eventually get a card.

Seems really odd that he has had his own movie, a TV show, a cartoon movie, reoccurring role in the CW shows, but no C3G card. So I'm with T, Arkham, & Japes here that Laughing has been given more than enough time to bring this design home and it's time to get it done one way or another. I've offered to run him as a public design, and that offer stands. If one of the new allies wants to cut their teeth on this design, that's fine with me as well. If Laughing suddenly pulls a rabbit out of the hat and gets enough points to launch a public design thread in the next week, that's fine with me as well as long as the thread doesn't get abandoned two weeks later and I then have to take over mid stream.

As for other characters of the JLD faction, the only other character (other than Zattanna & Constantine) I'm interested in would be a Swamp Thing Creature Card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy