Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old March 28th, 2018, 03:18 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: High Resolution Scanned Heroscape Cards -- Scans Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I had been hooking people up with requests in the past. Im sure someone might need these, but it would be a pretty big undertaking because most folks want both sides of the card. If you have the time and would like to no one would object to you doing it.
I wasn't sure if it was all the cards or just some. With time I could scan all of them if needed. I've done about 20 so far, just a few each day. I think I'll upload them on here so they stay put unlike photobucket pictures or broken links.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old May 1st, 2018, 06:19 PM

King_Buyer costs too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
I propose that anyone who can, could help make high-rez scans of official cards that are already sized correctly, so they only needed to be printed and cut out.
Yo I totally agree that good quality scans would be hugely rewarding to the point that I'd be willing to pay big$$$$ for such a service, but please don't start with some DnD reprint junks... instead start with the oldest and most likely broken-est cards from everyone's sets. Also, smaller size would be better for expert gamers because there's never enough room for a dozen or so cards in 2000 pt armies.

Anyone have any interest in reconstructing all the cards to fit a standard square shaped format which wouldn't be so darn frustrating to sort through and organize? It's so annoying to find my brother or friends have rifled through my cards and turned the neatly stacked piles into a giant mess of upside-down and sideways blobs! Thanks for your consideration in helping reduce my ongoing hair loss
Old May 1st, 2018, 06:41 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Buyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
I propose that anyone who can, could help make high-rez scans of official cards that are already sized correctly, so they only needed to be printed and cut out.
Yo I totally agree that good quality scans would be hugely rewarding to the point that I'd be willing to pay big$$$$ for such a service, but please don't start with some DnD reprint junks... instead start with the oldest and most likely broken-est cards from everyone's sets. Also, smaller size would be better for expert gamers because there's never enough room for a dozen or so cards in 2000 pt armies.

Anyone have any interest in reconstructing all the cards to fit a standard square shaped format which wouldn't be so darn frustrating to sort through and organize? It's so annoying to find my brother or friends have rifled through my cards and turned the neatly stacked piles into a giant mess of upside-down and sideways blobs! Thanks for your consideration in helping reduce my ongoing hair loss
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ht=rectangular

I have these cards from a tournament I went to a few years past. We love them for our games. Hope this helps!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 1st, 2018, 08:09 PM

King_Buyer costs too much!

YES! YES! YES! These are answers to my years of prayers. Thank you so much for pointing me to the light!!!
Old May 1st, 2018, 08:46 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Happy to help!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 1st, 2018, 08:49 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Oh a bump. I guess I can update with what I'm doing according to the OP. I started scanning every card in 600x600 quality. Hope that is good enough quality. I have every card in the game but some are in poor condition so I didn't scan those and hope to get better condition ones to scan.

Anyway I have my cards organized by points and am currently at 120 points. I do a few a day. On this computer I do not have a sample but I have the master version on the first page and basic on the second page and all the cards are in separate files because they are a good size due to the quality.

Once I finish i'll figure out how to organize and post here on the site so there is no problems with broken links. I'll most likely upload and organize via waves but all in due time.

Old May 7th, 2018, 08:46 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I know i put off the C3V compilation again, but if all the images get scanned, I may use my GIMP Script-Fu to combine the files to 3/page compilation at 600 DPI. However someone else can do as well . What needs to be done:
  1. Scan all the cards and Post somewhere as PDF/PNG
  2. Download all the files
  3. Figure out how you are going to Order them 3/page. I recommend separating Uniques, Common, and Uncommon on different pages for people who want to print multiples.
  4. Use the GIMP to place 3 files a 600 DPI page (crop/clean up scanning issues of white spaces if necessarily) and use my Script-Fu. Best also to do the Basic side of the cards using the "flipped" option of my Script-Fu.
  5. Export each page as PNG or HQ-PDF. Don't use GIMP to save as PDF, use a PDF printer, or better yet save as PNG then...
  6. Print/combine each page to one PDF (using Acrobat PRO to combine is best, or any PDF Printer to "print" all the saved pages to one PDF file).
  7. Upload to Heroscapers/Google Docs, Skydrive, etc.

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 7th, 2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old May 7th, 2018, 11:09 AM

Sounds like you have access to some fancy equipment as well. So far the output of my scans are in PDF format with the advanced side on the first page and basic on the second. They are slightly off so double sided printing may not work until I photoshop them into place. I was unaware there was a format for the cards (3 cards per page) so I may need to do some more editing but let me know what would be best for these scans. I only have the original cards nothing C3V or anything otherwise.

Old May 7th, 2018, 11:20 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See the GIMP Script-Fu thread but the idea is after using an equipment to scan and save as PDF (back and front separate pages in PDF) I copy/download the files to a computer and use the GIMP Software and my Script (following instructions in my thread) to combine the cards to 3/page for easy/cheaper printing. it would be a little cumbersome and tedious but we could get it done. Probably best to have multiple combined PDFs in the end to prevent massive file size, and separate Basic and master to separate PDFs (my guess if 75% of people will only print Master side) but make them mirrored so people can print front and back if they want to. We can discuss more ideas later, but teh first step is to scan all cards and upload to a fileshare.
Old May 7th, 2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
See the GIMP Script-Fu thread but the idea is after using an equipment to scan and save as PDF (back and front separate pages in PDF) I copy/download the files to a computer and use the GIMP Software and my Script (following instructions in my thread) to combine the cards to 3/page for easy/cheaper printing. it would be a little cumbersome and tedious but we could get it done. Probably best to have multiple combined PDFs in the end to prevent massive file size, and separate Basic and master to separate PDFs (my guess if 75% of people will only print Master side) but make them mirrored so people can print front and back if they want to. We can discuss more ideas later, but teh first step is to scan all cards and upload to a fileshare.
Working on the first step as we speak. I personally am inexperienced in the GIMP program but it sounds very interesting! I only have Acrobat pro and photoshop (although I don't know how to use the latter) at my work computer with no rights to download other type software. To help you the most I can layout the PDF's in the easiest format to reduce the work you would need to do if you are to use the GIMP software after I am done.

Old June 25th, 2018, 11:51 AM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Anyone have a decent scan of the Retchets? The only version I can find is 600wide and very mushy.

Old June 25th, 2018, 01:32 PM

See @itsbuzzi ’s card scans on his google drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
I have it on Google Drive. Maybe that is shareable, I have no clue.
Rechets of Bogdan

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units