Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 22nd, 2014, 06:28 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Last night (Sunday) proved very interesting:

1. Cowboys and Aliens
Finally caught up to it, but MEH! As expected.

2. The Librarians
Just bumped into it. Couldn't resist guest Bruce Campbell as Santa Claus! This being my first viewing, enjoyed John Laroquette as the head of the Good Guys, and apparantly Matt Frewer as head of the Evils. I love BC, and have his autobiography: If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor.

3. Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier (1955)
Turner Classic has a new partnership with Disney to show old stuff from their 'vault,' and held this first late evening of different stuff. Yes, Leonard Maltlin, I had a coonskin cap too! I've been watching Daniel Boone on ME TV, but hadn't seen this in truly ages. Hope they get around to Swamp Fox (Leslie Nielsen), Johnny Tremain, and other fun stuff from my boyhood too!
Old December 23rd, 2014, 12:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 27th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I purchased Gotham on Vudu, and watched it all in just a couple of days with the Mrs.

I love crime dramas anyways, and Gotham is such an interesting character in and of itself.

The cameos are sweet, and the story line is so dang brilliant, that it carries the occasional poor acting that is to be expected with Television.
Old December 27th, 2014, 08:36 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Getting my three younger siblings hooked on Young Justice. They seem to have enjoyed it so far (after they weren't that interested in the first episode), as now whenever I turn it on, they migrate in front of the TV.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old December 27th, 2014, 08:42 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Getting my three younger siblings hooked on Young Justice. They seem to have enjoyed it so far (after they weren't that interested in the first episode), as now whenever I turn it on, they migrate in front of the TV.
Fantastic show. I feel sorry for you when you get to the end. That is all.

~Dysole, vaguely cryptic
Old December 27th, 2014, 08:56 PM

SilverFox is surprisingly tart

Started watching Arrow and I'm also watching Young Justice.
Old December 27th, 2014, 10:09 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:

~Dysole, vaguely cryptic
I know how it ends, I have watched it all the way through. I do have a few more shows I'm gonna put them through eventually and this is just the start: (Avatar, Korra, Avengers EMH, Justice League, Gargoyles, Invader Zim, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, Kids Next Door, Teen Titans and some other tv shows from my childhood, but it's a long list so this is the start.)

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old December 27th, 2014, 10:20 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Stupid Network

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:

~Dysole, vaguely cryptic
I know how it ends, I have watched it all the way through. I do have a few more shows I'm gonna put them through eventually and this is just the start: (Avatar, Korra, Avengers EMH, Justice League, Gargoyles, Invader Zim, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, Kids Next Door, Teen Titans and some other tv shows from my childhood, but it's a long list so this is the start.)
And I have literally 0 complaints with that list. (There's a few I haven't seen all of the episodes of all the shows but all of them are very solid).

~Dysole, really mad at the stupid reason YJ got cancelled
Old December 28th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I purchased Gotham on Vudu, and watched it all in just a couple of days with the Mrs.

I love crime dramas anyways, and Gotham is such an interesting character in and of itself.

The cameos are sweet, and the story line is so dang brilliant, that it carries the occasional poor acting that is to be expected with Television.
Do you think it was better binge watching it?
I think that is what I am going to have to do because it did not work for me on a weekly basis.
This is how the last couple seasons of Walking Dead went for me. I had heard it tailed off after the first season and it was surely weaker but knowing that another episode was starting immediately after I finished the current watch kept me locked in.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 28th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post

Do you think it was better binge watching it?
I think that is what I am going to have to do because it did not work for me on a weekly basis.
This is how the last couple seasons of Walking Dead went for me. I had heard it tailed off after the first season and it was surely weaker but knowing that another episode was starting immediately after I finished the current watch kept me locked in.
Honestly, if I like a show, it doesn't matter to me if I binge watch or wait-n-watch. I'm going to watch it either way, and the speed at which I receive it has no bearing on whether or not I'll like it.
With that said, if it is a show that I like, Binge Watching is ALWAYS best for me.
I'm far to busy to watch TV regularly or to work a schedule around a "date" for a show. So, I binge watch everything when I get the opportunity.

Gotham, when I first saw it, didn't captivate me like I wanted it to. However, I did see the potential. It fell off of my radar for a few weeks, then when I was bored out of my mind at the hospital, I started up watching it again and was delighted in the amount of Comic references as well as skillful writing with loads of twist and character layers. This isn't a typical "good VS evil" crime drama. It is Gotham's origin story, so it is a "ray of hope in a multi-layered lasagna of crime, corruption, and betrayal"... story.
Old December 30th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
~Aldin, who DVR'd Ascension but hasn't watched yet
I watched Ascension on SyFy this week. Let me know once (if) you have finished it, I have a few questions I'd like to go over with someone.
Done.

My review in a nutshell? I'm really glad people are trying this kind of stuff, but the writers failed to deliver the goods on an interesting premise that got far more interesting before it headed off into Deus Ex Machina territory.

~Aldin, on a five year mission

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
~Aldin, who DVR'd Ascension but hasn't watched yet
I watched Ascension on SyFy this week. Let me know once (if) you have finished it, I have a few questions I'd like to go over with someone.
Done.

My review in a nutshell? I'm really glad people are trying this kind of stuff, but the writers failed to deliver the goods on an interesting premise that got far more interesting before it headed off into Deus Ex Machina territory.

~Aldin, on a five year mission
Yeah, I thought it was an interesting premise but then they didn't really execute it as well as I would have liked. I don't really get the ending either, they promoted it as a 3 night mini series but now it looks like they are trying to use it to launch a tv show. I would have liked it better had they wrapped everything up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV