Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old February 9th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Jotun

True. This applies to Explosion Attacks, Gurei Oni, etc. I guess the moral of the story is: If you're going to draft the Hive do it LAST.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:37 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Jotun
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 3rd, 2018, 10:53 AM

Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker

Looking for suggestions on the best anti-jotun heroes and squads. He's become our homes unstoppable force and needs to be dealt with. Thanks!
Old September 3rd, 2018, 12:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Traditionally Dwarves are good at killing Giants, have you tried them out?
Old September 3rd, 2018, 01:27 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'd really just try anything with multiple attacks. Like Yodaking said, Axegrinders are a good shot because if you've got a bonding hero, you've got 5 attacks of at least 4, and all your squaddies have 4 defense.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 03:51 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Jotun and most other massive heroes fall pretty easily to sheer numbers. His attack might be great and Throw is a nice addition, but he will probably still only be taking out one figure per turn. If you're throwing four attacks of 3 (or higher) at him per turn, his 7 life will very quickly burn up, especially with only 4 defense.

Because of this, almost any four-person squad can be a good choice for taking him down, especially if they bond with a hero to get up to 5 attacks per turn. Like superfrog and Yodaking said, the Axegrinders of the Burning Forge are an exceptionally good option, because they go up to 4 attack/defense against him and can still get some extra turns (or forego the bonding to become much speedier and swarm him before he can run away), but there are plenty of other options that will kill Jotun long before he kills 225 points of your army. So long as your figures are cheaper and can get in more attacks per turn, the math will likely work out in your favor.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 04:50 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Jotun and most other massive heroes fall pretty easily to sheer numbers. His attack might be great and Throw is a nice addition, but he will probably still only be taking out one figure per turn. If you're throwing four attacks of 3 (or higher) at him per turn, his 7 life will very quickly burn up, especially with only 4 defense.

Because of this, almost any four-person squad can be a good choice for taking him down, especially if they bond with a hero to get up to 5 attacks per turn. Like superfrog and Yodaking said, the Axegrinders of the Burning Forge are an exceptionally good option, because they go up to 4 attack/defense against him and can still get some extra turns (or forego the bonding to become much speedier and swarm him before he can run away), but there are plenty of other options that will kill Jotun long before he kills 225 points of your army. So long as your figures are cheaper and can get in more attacks per turn, the math will likely work out in your favor.
I played Jotun in a tournament 2 months ago. He works great for sure for taking out squads. I threw many a Knight of Weston in the lava along with sir gilbert. Ranged squads work best against him because they can likely take height and fire down on him. Also keeping them apart from one another will forego his mighty swingin special attack. I believe his high point cost along with what your saying is why the c3v came up with the dreadgul raiders to help him out.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 3rd, 2018, 04:59 PM

Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker

All great idea, thanks much! We haven't played with the Axegrinders yet but will check em out!
Old September 3rd, 2018, 05:18 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post

I played Jotun in a tournament 2 months ago. He works great for sure for taking out squads. I threw many a Knight of Weston in the lava along with sir gilbert. Ranged squads work best against him because they can likely take height and fire down on him. Also keeping them apart from one another will forego his mighty swingin special attack. I believe his high point cost along with what your saying is why the c3v came up with the dreadgul raiders to help him out.
For sure. He can do a ton of damage in the right situations (especially on lava maps), but with only one to two attacks per turn and decent survivability, he'll get fired down long before killing his points. Smart players with range will make it even harder for him, splitting up their forces so that he can only kill one per turn anyways. 4th Mass. and 10th Reg. are absolutely brutal against him (even the Ashigaru Harquebus could do the job).

Jotun's a ton of fun to use, but Charos can play much of the same role for a little less points (and the latter also gets synergy), which doesn't leave him much of a place competitively. The Dreadguls do help considerably by letting him get in 4 attacks per turn at least (they're actually one of my favorite squads, so I do think that they work quite well together), though I'd argue that he's still so expensive that the other player can still resort to outnumbering him to whittle him down.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 05:53 PM

What are dreadguls?
Old September 3rd, 2018, 06:08 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsoder52 View Post
What are dreadguls?
a c2v squad unit that gives love to Jotun, heres a link:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=48100

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 3rd, 2018, 10:55 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Jotun isn’t too hard to deal with. Just draft shades.

No seriously.

Works for me 4/5 times. Draft 2-3 squads, fly them in and pin him down. He will only be able to kill one a turn so long as you space them out well, and he can’t throw them. As he gets overrun by them, you will likely be rolling 3-6 soul devours in a single turn. Even if he manages to kill most of them, chances are you eventually succeed and now your 200-300 points of shades is replaced with 220 points of mass destruction.

The only way team jotun stands a chance is if he has some dreadguls to surround him. Which is why you also draft some aubriens. Pick off the commons, then swarm jotun himself with shades. Result? Profit

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units