Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old October 8th, 2022, 08:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Ozuul (Eldrazi Ruiner) - Playtesting

That's a great point, as we were intending to design Glyph of Knowledge in such a way that it had extra utility in multiplayer games. Certainly something I would like to see viable in the set, as it comes with enough units for that (24 cards, 42 figures... so like half an AoA ).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 10th, 2022, 06:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Played a quick heat of battle match against my 9yo with Ozuul.

I had Ozuul + some Roman Archers

He had Sgt Drake v2 + 8th Infantry Pathfinders + Airborne Elite

The AE never dropped.

He places his soldiers poorly and Ozuul got a 7v4 on Drake with OM1 for 3 or 4 wounds. Drake got to level ground and put a wound on Ozuul. Ozuul disengaged with no consequences and grabbed a lvl3 2-hexer then pulled the Pathfinders closer and killed one of them with a 1/4 Crush SA. The other attacked Ozuul to no effect. Ozuul grabbed Wannok and killed the last Pathfinder. Sgt Drake got a 7v4 on Ozuul but only landed one more wound.

Wannok put a wound on Drake and then the Romans finished Drake off with their first OM.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 16th, 2022, 10:32 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Added the playtest to the OP. Thanks, caps!
Old November 10th, 2022, 05:36 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Just played a game

Kira Jax
Shaolin Monks x3
Ozuul
450 Points, 11 Figures, 12 Hexes
Settings: VC, Delta Points

vs

Airborne Elite
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Sacred Band x1
Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM)
450 Points, 10 Figures, 10 Hexes
Settings: VC, Delta Points

Ozuul was able to use Gravity Crush to pull 2 Sacred Band adjacent, along with 1 Monk. I placed the Monk first on the only adjacent high ground. Then I rolled 0 skulls (which sucked because he rolled 0 shields twice!).

He then set his figures up perfectly for a Shaolin assault and I was able to make 6 attacks and kill 3 Sacred Band.

Sgt Drake put 3 wounds on Ozuul with one hit (rolled a 4/7 thanks to Marcus and Ozuul rolled 1/4).

I debated using Crushing Vortex vs his normal and then decided to just use his normal since I would have targeted only MDG + 1 Sacred Band but 3 Monks. I killed the last Sacred Band but sadly for me... the Sacred Band were his X. Sgt Drake rolled 6/7 and Ozuul got 0 shields.

Things still looked okay for me after that but then his AE dropped a couple rounds later. The game still came down to a 1-life Kira Jax against a 1-life Sgt Drake and an initiative roll. He won initiative and Drake finished her off.

--
--
--

--
Old November 13th, 2022, 06:08 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ran a couple of games with Ozuul today and had an absolute blast. Seems very swingy, but fun.

Game One
Spoiler Alert!

Game Two
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 13th, 2022, 09:42 PM

I played him against my son again yesterday. He performed very well, killing at least 4 or 5 zombies and at least another 5+ skeletons of Annelintia, although I think my son wasn't concerned at all about counterplay. He went down after he waltzed into the vicinity of a zombie hulk and then got blitzed by more skeletons; that -1 defense can be brutal with 4 attacks.

--
--
--

--
Old December 11th, 2022, 06:07 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Another playtest result from this week. Delta pricing was in effect.
Tiamat Army:
Ozuul
5x M43 Resistance Fighters
Velnesh Alphas

Coach Muskie Army:
Morgoloth
Velkhor
3x Wolves of Badru

Map: Alpaca Trail by Gamebear

All of my early OMs were on Ozuul who rushed out into the middle of the board. Coach Muskie was able to surround him with wolves inside of Velkhor’s aura and went all-in with three pounce attacks. Ozuul took the brunt of those attacks losing 6 life. Of course, three wolves also died in the process. Ozuul was desperate to get off a crushing vortex on some of the remaining wolves before dying, so I pushed him forward into a low-ground position in order to gravity pull 3 wolves. Unfortunately, the 1/4 vortex attack only took out a single wolf and Ozuul died to heighted Morgoloth attacks on Coach Muskie’s next OM. The M45s performed well in the midgame taking out the remaining wolves and bringing Morgoloth down to 2 life. The final showdown was the Velnesh Alphas vs. the two darklord heroes. Thanks to the shift ability, the Alphas were quickly able to gain some good positioning and their strong 4-attack was effective enough to take out the heroes in the end.

Ozuul – I know he didn’t perform well here, but I absolutely love the design of this figure. He offers a huge and really fun risk/reward situation. If he rolls poorly on a vortex attack, he can get himself into big trouble, but on the flipside, a strong vortex attack can be absolutely devastating to the other army. I completely agree with giving him the 6 move instead of 5. I think he really needs it. However, I would set his cost to 200 points instead of 210. He has great potential, but I get the sense that he won’t often recover his points worth. The nature of his abilities will put him into too many vulnerable situations to be consistent. Ten points isn’t that much, but at 200pts I think he'll be enticing enough to see a lot of play. The great design is there, and the mini is absolutely amazing (!), so I think he has the chance to be the centerpiece of the entire AotV release.

Velnesh Alphas -- These guys are great too. I was really surprised at how well they performed in this matchup. The shift ability combined with being 4/4 makes them a very strong endgame squad. I like them at 75pts. I wouldn’t change a thing about these guys.
Old December 29th, 2022, 11:23 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Thanks for testing. Getting yourself into trouble with Ozuul is definitely something you have to be aware of when playing him. Unfortunately Wolves of Badru can only Pounce small/medium figures. Still useful data about the failures of Crushing, though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 1st, 2023, 04:22 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Map: Calida by Superfrog
Glyphs: Two random power glyphs

Army 1: 10 Reg x2, Raelin (RotV), Ozuul (440 pts)
Army 2: Arrow Gruts x3, Swog Rider x3, Mimring, Otar, Swaysil (440 pts)

Which units survived?
Otar

Raelin, Ozuul, and the 10th Reg podded up just outside of their startzone, while the Arrow Gruts went on the offensive. However, it was difficult to set up an effective screen with the Gruts' disengage and range. Raelin took some wounds, a 10th Reg charge took out 2 Gruts and a Swog, and the Orc counter-attack took 3 of the 10th out. Then Ozuul got some activations and Crushed the offending pod of orcs. Mimring managed to find a perch safe from the road and assassinated Raelin, while Ozuul continued special attacking pods of orcs. Eventually Ozuul had 4 wounds and had wiped out the orcs, while Mimring had 3 wounds from Lava Damage. Otar and Swaysil were in the startzone, and 3 10th were in the opposing startzone. Mimring got height in going after Ozuul, and put a wound on him, but Ozuul finished the dragon off. Ozuul couldn't get to the opposing startzone before the end of the round, so Swaysil got a chance to put some wounds on him in the next turn, survive an attack, disengage, and finish Ozuul off from height. She got 2 of the 10th before falling, and Otar got the last one.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Ozuul destroyed 5 Arrow Gruts, 2 Swog Riders, put 2 wounds on Mimring and 1 wound on Swaysil (what is that, like 150-160 points worth of damage?)
He used Gravity Pull thrice, and Vortex Crush 4 times. Once for 4 skulls, the other times for 2 (only 1 Arrow Grut successfully defended an attack). 2 of the times he used Gravity pull, the pulled figure was able to place itself on height. Really interesting - I felt like Ozuul's ability to pull figures wasn't uber-game-changing, though I guess it allowed him to kill 3 additional Arrow Gruts. The special attack was quite nice tho; it's super satisfying to all of a sudden clear out all of the board around Ozuul.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
One thing I'd particularly like to mention is I think the naming of Gravity Pull and Vortex Crush Special attack should be switched. I don't have a problem with Ozuul pulling a figure on one side of him to the other side of him, but I think that it feels more like a swirling vortex when that happens, rather than a gravitational pull. So I'd be in favor of changing to names to Vortex Pull and Gravity Crush. Another thing I'm wondering: If you're pulling an opponent's figures as well as your own, who places the figures adjacent to Ozuul first? Would you roll a die? Because, although that didn't come up in my test, the order of placement would effect which figures get height against his special attack and which ones don't. Ozuul is cool, I think I'd have a better grasp on his point value with some more games.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 6th, 2023, 06:08 PM

I like the idea of swapping the two power names; makes sense to me.

--
--
--

--
Old March 22nd, 2023, 04:39 PM

I'm all for swapping the names of the two powers.

In other news, we've had quite a few playtests at this point. I think it's time to read through them and come to a point conclusion and vote. I haven't seen anything in playtests that have me concerned there's anything gamebreaking with Ozuul if we have the right point value.

@NecroBlade @Astroking112 @Captain Stupendous

--
--
--

--
Old March 22nd, 2023, 05:34 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I prefer the names Vortex Pull and Gravity Crush.

I also think that his points are likely good at 210.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs