Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old July 15th, 2010, 09:38 PM

ironmyron is surprisingly tart
a Cyprien army

yo i am building an army for a friendly game later this week. Now I am not sure what the point value will be but if the past is anything to go on it could be really high but mostly we like 550 points. So right now there are two armies I am thinking of and they both have Cyprien and Q9 in them. I have not really played ether and want to play them at the same time. so what do you think of these two armies??

Axegrinders of Burning Forge
2 × 70
Cyprien Esenwein
Eldgrim the Viking Champion
Major Q9
Sonya Esenwein
= 545

i like the Axegrinders cause they can move really fast when they need yo while at the same time being a strong force. now i could put in the knights and have them bound with Eldgrim but i would lose the mobility.

Axegrinders of Burning Forge
2 × 70
Cyprien Esenwein
Major Q9
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
80 or
Finn
=550

if i played Finn i might also play the knights just as an opener and when he dies put him on Cyprien. The big thing that i do not like about this one is that i would not have Sonya in there to help Cyp out.

so what do you all think should i play it or change it?

ironmyron is Jeb the Knight of Weston who has a slight herb problem...
in the
Garden of Horror....
Old July 15th, 2010, 09:39 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: a Cyprien army

The first army is definitely better.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old July 15th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cyprien-150
Q9-330
Sonya-375

That is your base build for certain, and it leaves 175 Pts. For squads, I would suggest that you go with x2 Squads of Phantom Knights, putting you at 515. That means you can put in 35 points of whatever the heck you want. So here is your army.

Cyprien-150
Q9-330
Sonya-375
x2 Phantom Knights-515
Drow Chainfighter-540
Isamu-550

Send out Cyprien first to mess with early approaching melee sqauds, and then send out the Phantom Knights to wreck havoc on the opponent. When your opponent finally gets to advancing his scattered units, send out the Drow Chainfighter and the wounded Sonya to act as decoys, while Q9 moves to an advantageous point. After that, it is a simple mow down of his units with Q9. Isamu it there for clean-up.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:37 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?

The first one is definitely better just because of the flexibility of the army. Axegrinders take on Deathwalkers, Cyprien everything, Q9 rats. Eldgrim on Q9 of course. The second one is almost as good.

General Nilfy
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nilfy View Post
The first one is definitely better just because of the flexibility of the army. Axegrinders take on Deathwalkers, Cyprien everything, Q9 rats. Eldgrim on Q9 of course. The second one is almost as good.

General Nilfy
why does Eldgrim go on Q9 and not Cyp?

in the
Garden of Horror....

Last edited by ironmyron; July 16th, 2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: woops
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:23 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmyron View Post
Quote:

General Nilfy
Most likely because with 8 move stealth flying, Cyp doesn't really have any movement issues. Whereas Q9, a double space figure with 5 move, is quite slow. It depends on the map for me, but I could see Eldgrim going on either.
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:35 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmyron View Post
Quote:

General Nilfy
Most likely because with 8 move stealth flying, Cyp doesn't really have any movement issues. Whereas Q9, a double space figure with 5 move, is quite slow. It depends on the map for me, but I could see Eldgrim going on either.
Sometimes that 1 extra movement determines whether or not Q9 will get that height advantage this turn or next.
Old July 16th, 2010, 05:02 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I actually kind of like the Cyprien + Dwarves idea. Cyprien has problems with Q9 and Q10, while the Dwarves wreck those guys. I might be tempted to just drop the big robot though and go all dwarf....

Cyprien - 150
Sonya - 195
Marcu - 215
Dwarves x3 - 425
Mogrimm - 545, 16 hexes

Marcu can be a glyph grabber or a cleanup guy. With Mogrimm, even when your OM's are on Cyprien you'll get the initiative boost. The Dwarves rock against big Soulborgs, and Cyprien rocks against Deathreavers and other squaddies. Looks like a pretty fun and strong army to play.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 16th, 2010, 05:31 PM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Q9
Cyprien
Sonya
Rats x2
Raelin
Isamu

Rats & Raelin are proven to be powerful teammates for Q9, with the fast ranging Isamu and Cyprien to disrupt the opponent.

Or perhaps something a bit more versatile that would use the 175:

Anubian Wolves x2 & Dumetef

or

10th Foot x2 & Chain Fighter
Old July 16th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

At 550, (And my favorite Cyprien army):

045 Sonya
195 Cyprien
545 4th mass x5

(if I were going to gencon I would be using this -1x 4th)
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:39 AM

General Nilfy Woo who?

Frylock is correct. Cyprien is always fast enough, but Q9 has been known to never get to height and been destroyed by people like sonya because of it.
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:38 PM

i just played with Q9 for the first time and i now see why that one more move is really nice

in the
Garden of Horror....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion