Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 5th, 2011, 07:59 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Do you guys sleeve all your cards for card games? I'm just getting into them with Dominion as I have the base set and Prosperity, but I also want to get Thunderstone at some point and I don't know how important it is to sleeve them. From what I've read elsewhere, it can affect shuffling and storage and maybe other things, not to mention the cost and time. I'm not one to do tournaments or whatever so it's not like I'm going to be carrying them around all over, just for casual play at home or I may bring it over to someone's house to play, but that's it.
It depends on the game. If you play a lot of Dominion, you'll find your money and victory cards may wear disproportionately to your other cards and make them recognizable, so that might be worth it. Be warned, though, your sleeved Dominion cards won't fit back in the tray, so you'll need to get another storage solution, if you don't have one already.

I don't sleeve most of my games, myself, though I find it easier to shuffle when I do. This is especially true with Fantasy Flight's tiny cards. I sleeved all my Battlestar Galactica Skill cards so people could side shuffle them and stop bending the crap out of them.

Old April 5th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Well thanks again for everyone's comments regarding sleeving. As it is now, I don't have a gaming group for card games. I play with my 15 year-old nephew as I haven't convinced my wife to try Dominion or my 8 year-old twin girls. So the wear and tear may be lessened by playing only two player games and mixing it in with other games we play.

If I find that I can get more people into the games, then I'll consider buying sleeves if I feel that the cards will get wrecked otherwise. Or I guess I can buy two of every game now and keep all second games sealed until necessary J/k.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:01 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

All this Dominion talk gave me a craving tonight. The moons must have aligned or something because without asking, my wife wanted to play a game tonight.

So we played Dominion (w/Intrigue)... twice!

-insert signature here-
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
All this Dominion talk gave me a craving tonight. The moons must have aligned or something because without asking, my wife wanted to play a game tonight.

You know nyys, that could be interpreted as code for something else. Are you really talking about Dominion?

But seriously. I don't have intrigue yet, it looks to be a pretty fun addition.

Old April 5th, 2011, 11:09 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well thanks again for everyone's comments regarding sleeving. As it is now, I don't have a gaming group for card games. I play with my 15 year-old nephew as I haven't convinced my wife to try Dominion or my 8 year-old twin girls. So the wear and tear may be lessened by playing only two player games and mixing it in with other games we play.

If I find that I can get more people into the games, then I'll consider buying sleeves if I feel that the cards will get wrecked otherwise. Or I guess I can buy two of every game now and keep all second games sealed until necessary J/k.
I'd recommend sleeving them..
I kept my dominion unsleeved until a buddy came over and play one night(and several of them ended up warped/bent).

as to fitting in the box, I can fit all of my dominion back into the box(with insert) as well as the Intrigue(in its own box with insert) cards.
the only difference is that the a few of the coppers are placed in with the randomizer cards.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:11 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:

You know nyys, that could be interpreted as code for something else. Are you really talking about Dominion?

not sure why but above post lost half of my reply.

Intrigue is fun and adds more of a interactive screw yer neighbor and those next to him fun. just think Masquerade has ye passing cards around, tribute can be fun to force yer neighbor to cycle through his deck.
and Minion well chaining those can be much fun.

lately whenever I play dominion, it's usually with mostly Intrigue or maybe a few seaside cards put in.

Cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:27 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I knew I was going to walk into something there.

Had a pretty sweet engine going in the 2nd game with Bridge, Village, and Laboratory all in the Kingdom.

-insert signature here-
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:49 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Claustrophobia x1 tonight.

Without the redeemer slowing them down, the condemed humans were easily able to race through the dungeon with their treasure.

My wife picked out which one of the humans had the treasure as opposed to the three decoys but she couldn't kill him before he escaped. Map of the sewers proved huge in the win.

My first human victory.

Hooray!

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:08 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Be warned, though, your sleeved Dominion cards won't fit back in the tray, so you'll need to get another storage solution, if you don't have one already.
I actually have all my dominion cards sleeved and they fit in their sets. The copper and silver can't all fit in their slots, but I just place the "extras" in the blank, empty slots.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez View Post
Quote:
Quote:

not sure why but above post lost half of my reply.

Intrigue is fun and adds more of a interactive screw yer neighbor and those next to him fun. just think Masquerade has ye passing cards around, tribute can be fun to force yer neighbor to cycle through his deck.
and Minion well chaining those can be much fun.

lately whenever I play dominion, it's usually with mostly Intrigue or maybe a few seaside cards put in.

Cheers
Rod
That sounds like fun. I would like the interaction aspects of it.

Quote:
I knew I was going to walk into something there.

Had a pretty sweet engine going in the 2nd game with Bridge, Village, and Laboratory all in the Kingdom.
Well, I had to say it.

Old April 6th, 2011, 01:03 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker

Last night I played my first game of Check Your 6!. Another vway to get value out of my WIngs of War Miniatures. Fun game. We have two more sessions scheduled.
Old April 7th, 2011, 09:48 PM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

In a moment of weakness, I picked up Forbidden Island and Nuns on the Run Tuesday on the way home. I heartily recommend both!

The kids love Forbidden Island. The tension level rises as the island lowers and since it's cooperative, the fear of someone losing isn't nearly as bad.

As for Nuns, we love the theme (I'm sure it helps that we're catholic). The chasing and sneaking keep everyone engaged. Even my wife likes it (and she's not much of a boardgamer).

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games